Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

Remember back in the day the outrage for Four Riders being a Manic Drop?

How about Vermillion Storm, the stance that was in the Manic Bombard, which had 1 on 2 chances to appear in an entire mission?

Well, it's the same all over again. Defiled Snapdragon, thanks God it was a Scorpion Stance. Gaia's Tragedy took me 40 Scrombas/Combas kills. Then we had Vengeful Revenant, a stance that drops from Conculysts, which in for example Plato might spawn; and now Vulpine Mask, which also drops in Manic Bombards and the Drekar Variant.

And it's a rare mod, thus having an extremely low drop chance...

Please, stop DE, it's extremely painful to see this.

Like, 2 hours of working a minimum wage job to buy the package with plat.

That isn't an excuse. It has never been a valid excuse. I have spent close to 90 bucks on this game at this point. Why the heck should I spend more?

Saying "Just buy it with plat lol" is not good reasoning. These things need to be obtainable in game. This kind of stuff is a problem, and it needs to be fixed.

New stance <> 60p

7 day booster : 80p

Weapon slot : 6p (but need to spend 12)

Catalyst : 20p

.. bundle is not a bad deal really.

I just looked on someone's youtube video. The melee weapon itself is 185 plat, so ik this bundle, it would seem as the stance would be priced at 30 to 50 plat

I've learned not to care about stances for weapons I don't use.  I don't even use melee mode on the melee weapons I do use, even.  I prefer the quick attacks to the goofy &amp;#&#33; attack animations of the combos.  The mods are just +10 mod points to me.

Same with the new ships.  I'm not going to use them, so I don't need them.  They don't even give mastery.

That isn't an excuse. It has never been a valid excuse. I have spent close to 90 bucks on this game at this point. Why the heck should I spend more?

Saying "Just buy it with plat lol" is not good reasoning. These things need to be obtainable in game. This kind of stuff is a problem, and it needs to be fixed.

I wasn't saying it was an excuse.

Making the cash option so vastly more appealing than the excruciating alternative of obtaining it in-game is what most the debased MMO games lower themselves to.

Warframe has traditionally deviated from this principle, and has rewarded players who wish to earn rewards by playing the game.

In both of these cases, we have extremely rare items, one of which is constrained in a saturated drop table which you can draw from one a day, and the other which can only be reliably farmed from one mission where you get two 0.021% (Four if you run a Nekros) chances at the drop. 

Now, this by itself is fine. Stuff like Vermilion Storm and Vengeful Revenant I find to be perfectly acceptable because while they are exceptionally grind heavy to acquire, there are other stance mods that are easier to get, and these mods are worth a significant amount of plat should you decide to sell them.

Vulpine Mask are not like those stances. It is the ONLY stance for Rapiers, making it mandatory for anyone who wants to use the weapon for more that quick melee, and its value is capped near 30 to 45 because of the bundle.

Nezha is the same way, being incredibly time consuming to get with only one chance a day to possibly get one of three parts. Not bad by itself, as dedicated farming could reward players with a valuable set. Except for the fact you can simply buy him with plat, which places the set value below 235 when you factor out the slot and reactor, despite it taking significantly longer to acquire than the most valuable prime set.

The precedent this is seemingly creating makes me uneasy if future content will also be this way. Immense grinding and time spent for fundamental items which are worth very little platinum compared to other things that are just as much of a grind to get.

To be clear, I'm not complaining about it being a grind to get, it's the fact that the value is limited by being purchasable directly with platinum. If the Rapier stance mod was not in the bundle, I'd be fine with running Tyl Regor for a day or two to get the mod and not have a care in the world. Vengeful Revenant for example is worth an exceptional amount, and rightly so as the grind needed for it is immense. However Vulpine Mask is equally as daunting a task to get, yet is a fraction the value because it is on the market. Is this a big issue? Not really, but it does make me wary of future practices like this.

I mean.... this is the reaction I've had for every update and hotfix ever (except for u18)...

maybe we should stop hyping so much.

No please, keep going.

This is why i love hype train and hyped people. They always hit the wall so hard i never stop enjoying that.

Regarding the rapier, is it even worth it ?

On the paper it looks poor.

Edited by Trichouette