Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Use The Platinum Discount?

Totorochan

Question

For today's login bonus, I got the 20% platinum discount coupon, the gift of the lotus. I figure, hey, I got twenty five bucks on steam, might as well top myself off.

Thing is, how exactly do I actually use it?

I remember before they changed to the new login system, it would show the discount amount next to the "Get Platinum" button, but I can't see any indication anywhere that I've earned a coupon at all! There is nothing in my warframe inventory, there is nothing in my steam inventory, and at no point does the Platinum store, either in-game or on the website, display any price but the full one.

I tried the promo code button, but that asks for a, well, code.

TL;DR

How do I use the platinum discount coupon?

8 answers to this question

Plat discounts are applied automatically, when you go to buy plat you will see the discounted price.

WHOA WHOA WHOA-

Okay, the quote above is from a PC member- they've been playing the game longer than I have most likely and I am not taking anything away from them OR saying you shouldn't buy platinum because this is a game worth paying for BUT:

I got a token of the Lotus as well- wasn't sure how to use it and looked through the market to see if there was some sort of redeem option, then figured it's there for two days so I'd come back whenever I got a pay check-

LATER THAT NIGHT the plat prices on all items were discounted by approximately 20% automatically. The original price appears, as always, in an orange tag above the item picture but right next to it was a blue box where the discounted price was located. As far as I can tell, the Token of the Lotus applies to items in the store- NOT Platinum itself although I do acknowledge that this is in contrast to how I've heard it behaves on PC.

So, just saying. Not sure what the deal was with the wait time but it did take awhile before it was reflected in my market. Once it was reflected, I bought Atlas' Noble stance for Frost because I was making a Cyber Sub Zero build and the option was there to buy it with the Token for the "blue" discounted price instead of the full amount. 

This might be just a console thing I dunno, but maybe try logging out and logging back in just to be safe.

Market Discount is a console thing - Sony and Microsoft don't provide an easy way to have DE discount plat for individual players, so they discount the market instead.

For PC, it's the actual plat that is discounted.

OP : If you have Warframe installed via Steam, you should just need to log into the game, then hit "buy plat" in the market - that'll take you to the plat page flagged for Steam.

WHOA WHOA WHOA-

-snip-

What you're talking about is a market discount that is applied on platinum and credit items. But this isn't applied to bundles and platinum purchase.

If I'm not wrong, PC has discount for purchasing platinum (what we do from the PS store page for Warframe). From what I've read, the post before yours is correct.

For today's login bonus, I got the 20% platinum discount coupon, the gift of the lotus. I figure, hey, I got twenty five bucks on steam, might as well top myself off.

Thing is, how exactly do I actually use it?

I remember before they changed to the new login system, it would show the discount amount next to the "Get Platinum" button, but I can't see any indication anywhere that I've earned a coupon at all! There is nothing in my warframe inventory, there is nothing in my steam inventory, and at no point does the Platinum store, either in-game or on the website, display any price but the full one.

I tried the promo code button, but that asks for a, well, code.

TL;DR

How do I use the platinum discount coupon?

Don't have time to read, so sorry if I'm gonna write down something you already wrote/know, but you can only use discount once, and if you ask me better wait for 75% discount cause for those 25 bucks you can prolly get 2100p package (+ mods: seeking fury I think and animal instinct)

Plat discounts are applied automatically, when you go to buy plat you will see the discounted price.

So, at what point in the transaction is the discount "automatically" applied? It's showing me the full price all the way through to the "Authorize" button.

It's 19.99 American, or 21.99 Canadian. Does it apply the discount when I pay?

Before they changed the login bonuses, it would automatically show the discount in the Market and show the discounted prices.

It doesn't anymore, apparently, and I'm reluctant to spend my money when there is no indication it is honoring the discount.

If you have Warframe installed via Steam, you should just need to log into the game, then hit "buy plat" in the market - that'll take you to the plat page flagged for Steam.

I can get that far, but how do I apply my 20% discount? Is there a drop down menu I'm missing?