The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sortie Condition: No Ults

ROSING

Yes. I would like this.

Not because of the concept itself

But to see how well people perform without those abilities

Just changes what people will take for what. For example it does nothing about people using Mag to decimate Corpus wholesale.

while interesting, it's too uneven. some warframes are COMPLETELY unaffected by certain breeds of those units, where others are UTTERLY crippled. It's just too much variation in that.

That variation is EXACTLY what sorties should aim for. They reward players who have a diverse set of gear and skills at their disposal.

Now, lets go through each of the modular debuffs. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Comba

Fog disables perception powers. This would make frames that rely on invisibility to have a bad time mainly loki, ivara, and ash. Ash would still be viable due to arcane trickery though. It would also screw over nyx, apparently. Honestly though, not enough frames are affected by this to be a good sortie debuff.

Nul disables all buff and debuff abilities. When I go through the list of unusable abilities, more frames are borked by it than not. Equinox and Trinity become unusable, As well as valkyr, wukong, rhino, chroma, ivara, limbo, and mesa. The list goes on and on, screwing over almost all the frames. This as a sortie debuff would be way too much.

Sap disables all damage powers. Mag is unusable, as well as ember and saryn. The list of affected powers is small enough that this would actually be a decent debuff.

Slo disables mobility powers, which barely affects any of the frames, making that not a viable sortie condition.

In the end, copy-pasting the modular corpus debuffs would be unwise, so yes, while it is an interesting idea, it doesn't really pan out.

We had couple days ago Infested sortie where were a-lot of energy drainers. Only two players in squad. Both of us couldn't use ulti there due energy drain mobs. Occationally we could use 1 and 2 skills if we hit two-three orbs and before the rapid energy drain. I believe it would have been easier with a full squad(?)

And how about that last "sniper weapons only" sortie? <-- only thing you could see were the corpus nullifier bubbles. Mag did decent damage as we popped the bubbles but for rest of us it was a challenge to get proper damage and kills. I rarely use sniper weapons but luckily I had this dusty Lanka which performed horribly there due the lack of polarities and potatoes :D Of course I was extremely happe cause the time we needed to survive wasn't like 30 minutes XD

Edited by carnaga