Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need To Get Caught Up To Speed On What's Happened With Warframe The Past Year.

__Kanade__

Question

I had stopped playing about a week after the Archwing Update had dropped and I started playing again 3 days before The Second Dream had dropped.

I'm a player from the good'ol CB days as far back as when the Grineer and Corpus both shared the same Corpus tileset and they were all using Bratons.

Now coming back, the game feels pretty much new to me. Only things I'm aware of are the new weapons and Excaliburs changes which I learned out of the blue when I was going for Radial Javelin and suddenly I find myself doing something else.

I'm not familiar with Prime Mods, Arcane Mods, Void changes ( if any ), what weapons have been buffed, nerfed, balanced, etc. Not familiar with Wukong, Chroma, Mesa ( bought Mesa the other day but before I heard she received a few nerfs ). What frames have become Mastery Fodder.

Heard in-game chat that Archwing had also received changes though imo Archwing has been a forgettable experience.

Edited by __Kanade__

3 answers to this question

I'm going to give you the basics on some of these things, because it would take a rather long time for me to go over some of these things.

-Primed mods

-Primed mods are mods that are occasionally sold by the Void Trader, Baro Ki' Teer, who appears at the relays every 2 weeks. Primed mods are        versions of mods that have extra ranks added onto them to make them more powerful. Every primed mod has a trade tax of one million credits.

-Void Changes

-Mainly just visual overhauls that i can think of.

-Arcanes

-Arcanes are things that are rewarded at the end of one of two trial missions (The law of retribution, Jordas Verdict) that can be installed on a syandana or helmet to give special abilities. These can be ranked up using arcanes of the same kind, (2 arcanes for rank 2, 3 arcanes for rank 3, 4 arcanes for rank 4, leading to 10 in total including the starting arcane.) Arcanes can be removed from their pieces using an Arcane Distiller, available from any syndicate you have achieved the maximum rank in for 50,000 standing.

-Trial Missions

-There are currently two normal trial missions available, The Law of Retribution, and the Jordas Verdict. The law of Retribution is available in a Nightmare form, which is more difficult, but has a better chance at offering some of the better arcanes.

-Warframes

-The new warframes that I can think of off the top of my head are Chroma, Atlas, Equinox, Nezha, Wukong, and Ivara.

-Chroma What his powers do are dependent on the energy color you have on the warframe, for example red would do some form of fire                     damage and vice versa.

-Wukong One of the more recent frames who's final is based around a melee weapon. His final ability will pull out that weapon for energy                   drain based use

-Warframe reworks: the current frames that have gotten reworks are Excalibur, Rhino, and Saryn.

I, currently can not pull off the top of my head what nerfs have happened to any frames, weapons, or companions. If you would like information on the frames current powers you are not aware of, I would recommend looking at the wiki pages on them to familiarize yourself with the new powers of the couple frames listed above.

-Archwing

-Archwing had some work done on it a little while ago with the introduction of new mission types, and a visual overhaul to make the missions look prettier. The Balor Formorian event is also currently going on. An archwing 2.0 is also currently in production.

I do hope this has helped to at least catch you up a bit.

-Archwing

-Archwing had some work done on it a little while ago with the introduction of new mission types, and a visual overhaul to make the missions look prettier. The Balor Formorian event is also currently going on. An archwing 2.0 is also currently in production.

I think that recap was spot on, I will add that Archwing has an entirely new mode based on Uranus called Submersible (you'll see it posted as the mission type "Sabotage *icon* Submersible"), the total Arch-Weapon count has been doubled, controls have been reworked, the new Trial The Jordas Verdict heavily requires features Archwing combat and gameplay, new Archwing mods have been introduced (including the first Primed Arch-mod), and a new Archwing is in development.

Side note, what is currently happening is not an event, Fomorian Sabotages are a special type of sabotage alert based on the Operation Eyes of Blight event back in late December of 2014 with U15,8. In the event, Fomorians attacked the Relays and had global health as the (platform-specific) community worked together to destroy them. If the Fomorian was destroyed, that specific Relay was saved, if not, the Relay was destroyed permanently from the (platform-specific) universe.

Welcome back to Warframe, we hope you enjoy your stay with us.