Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco! Starting To Become A Serious Problem...

RB-377

Good day fellow Tenno. As we all know, Draco is one of WARFRAME's most used/played missions out there at the moment for one purpose, and one purpose alone... "Leveling". I find it a big problem that it's that easy to level up weapons and Frame's that easily, without actually getting to play the item and build and extensive knowledge about a certain aspect of WARFRAME. It seems to me that more and more lower leveled players are catching on to the whole "Draco leveling" and I'm concerned that they are not getting the full WARFRAME experience that I and many other veteran players received a few years ago. If some sort of rework on the map could shed light on the matter, I'm sure that players could experience WARFRAME as they should, and not as a XP grind of a game. Thank you. 

It's their choice how they want to play the game. If they want to get higher rank with little to no effort they can do so.
There was other leveling maps way before Draco before they got nerfed. Loot caves will exist even after Draco nerf.

Edited by Grobbus

I agree newer players shouldn't level draco style as they're missing out on content. In the end its their choice however.

I don't see it as an issue for older players that already played most content. Its not like they're missing out. All in all players will always seek ways to level efficiently. Before draco we had viver. If draco gets removed players will simply go to the next best leveling node.

For some people its fun to stand in one place and mash one or two buttons. For everyone other I know, its just boring. Interception missions need either enemies or spawning overhaul (imagine grineer with nullifier field) to prevent such techniques. But even with that, people will go somewhere else, like corpus excav with Mag, or Hieracon with Vauban.

It defeats the purpose of the game for me. It's sad seeing MR21's not knowing what to do in certain situations. How can newer players count on players via rank, if they themselves don't know the game... AS fellow RobWasHere said, maybe a nullifier solution on different tiers/levels of mission types can be our solution to the future of newer generations of WARFRAME players. Before anyone comments with a reply to my question: You play this game, you take the time to read this forum post, don't you worry about our fellow new Tenno? The people that are gonna recommend this game to their friends. Don't you want them to have the same experience as the one you had when you started? Think about it...

Rob.. 

Edited by RB-377

1.) Since when does mastery rank mean anything?

2.) Chop the head off of Draco and 2 more nodes will take its place. It has happened before and it will happen again.

3.) You are not the mother/father to newbie players. Your concern means nothing to them. If they want to short-change themselves, then let them.

Personally I don't have an issue with newbies on high levels (except Raid and some sorties), they usually identify themselves in one way or another and they learn quickly and are usually eager to learn. If someone is going down so frequently that it begins to affect gameplay, then I won't pick them up. I expect that others understand the consequences of their actions, that I will prioritize the objective over my team (I also expect the same from my team), and that others will understand if I can't reach and revive them them due to situation or distance. I expect others to expect that from me as well. I'm pretty lenient and chill, but, if the situation dictates, I will be an cold-hearted utilitarian.

1.) Since when does mastery rank mean anything?

2.) Chop the head off of Draco and 2 more nodes will take its place. It has happened before and it will happen again.

3.) You are not the mother/father to newbie players. Your concern means nothing to them. If they want to short-change themselves, then let them.

Personally I don't have an issue with newbies on high levels (except Raid and some sorties), they usually identify themselves in one way or another and they learn quickly and are usually eager to learn. If someone is going down so frequently that it begins to affect gameplay, then I won't pick them up. I expect that others understand the consequences of their actions, that I will prioritize the objective over my team (I also expect the same from my team), and that others will understand if I can't reach and revive them them due to situation or distance. I expect others to expect that from me as well. I'm pretty lenient and chill, but, if the situation dictates, I will be an cold-hearted utilitarian.

Point proven I guess, my point was lifted at least. And I don't see it as a "mother/father" kind of obligation. I appreciate the opinions lifted in this tread and will be sure to take note on all the feedback provided. Thanks.

I do not have a problem with Draco.  I did not begin levelling stuff there for well after 700 hours into the game, and always PUG it with the random matchmaker.

It saves a lot of time.  While its probably not ideal for new players, it's fantastic for players who dont want to waste time leveling an item again after the 4th forma.  Some good, some bad, but ultimately I do not see it as a huge problem for the game.

I think the bigger issue are the frames and abilities that are capable of nuking the entire map, which make the scale of farming much larger and less interactive.

I guesmy view on this point is this; people go to draco to max out weapons or useless weapons to rank up, however, it is also usefull in a way that people wont have a hard time in high tier missions once their weapon of choice is maxed out. Imagine going through endless or high tier missions with a low lvl weapon that you liked, wouldnt that suck cuz of lack of mods and damage overall?

I have zero issues with Draco as long as you're actually playing and learning the rest of the game (tired of people who cannot do spy maps when they really aren't that hard).

I didn't start doing Draco until I was MR18 and I only did that to level weapons I didn't enjoy using. I have a problem when I literally run into people who are MR1 that get taxi'd to Draco and the other people in the party are totally okay with them dealing 1% damage, getting 2 kills, and having to be revived constantly before the end of the first wave. All so that they can get leveled up quicker.

No difference between Draco and higher level endless missions in terms of leveling. Draco might be faster, but it is awfully boring, and used mostly as a last resort/time saver for people.

Instead of changing Draco, why not boost the other nodes to where people feel more comfortable doing other things, instead of always doing Sechura, or Draco? I mean, I have other nodes I play on with certain frames to level up X Y & Z because I also get resources/mods from those nodes. But that's just how I play.

Nerfing the pants off of Draco won't change any of the problems that cause people to swarm to it, and as a result, they'll find the next best thing.

The first problem revolves around formas. You need 5-6 of them to maximize most weapons. Without then, your gun is going to suck. However, leveling a weapon from 0 to 30 five or six times is a terrible, terrible chore. Naturally, people are going to want to do as little of that chore as possible.

The second problem is the disproportionate experience difference between endless and non endless missions. I could theoretically level up my rank 0 weapon from exterminate missions. It would take me several hundred runs, but I could do it. Or I could go to Draco and do it in less than 20 minutes. It's the perfect example of feast or famine. Both options ought to be reasonable ways to level weapons and Warframes.

Ultimately, to kill Draco once and for all, both of these problems need to be addressed. There should be some kind of change to either make weapons require fewer formas, or formas need to be less punishing to use. And there needs to be many options for gaining experience, rather than just "What map can I nuke with a single Radial Javelin?"

I don't get it. It's finally catching on in consoles, and here's the thing. I am playing the hell out of that mission. I've seen three teams wipe out completely. The Grineer are no push overs when they are swarming. I'm flying around as a Zephyr capturing broadcast signals and reviving like mad. And I am having a blast.

This reminds me of the Loot Cave in Destiny. You have somebody saying how can you be having fun (squats in loot cave to stop other players), and why aren't you playing like me, or how the Devs wanted you play. Well guess what? The Loot Cave was freaking fun. You shot into it. And then all hell would break loose. The war between the space zombies and space pirates would break out, or a satellite would drop on your head. I had more fun playing there than wandering around the whole this is how you should play routine. And lo behold, those players who shot into the Loot Cave, would tire of it then send friend requests, and run off to play as the Devs wanted them to.

If I had to grind through four snipers for MR ranking while everyone of them sucks, I'd just put in Fallout4 instead, because now Warframe is not fun. Taking them to Draco and getting rid of them was satisfying. It was satisfying to get rid of them and fast.

Want to make them fun. Stick thermal sights on them, or let them see and shoot through walls. It's a PVE game for god's sake, why are we saying no to thermal sighting on freaking Snipers? Draco, viver, Senchura, they are saving a lot of us from the tedious BS of mediocre weapon grinding.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey