Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco! Starting To Become A Serious Problem...

RB-377

For me Draco is useless. I have only one run to help a friend level up his frame. For my personal leveling weapons I go to Neptune,Triton. Max rank frame and weapons and only one weapon to rank up. In extra I farm fusion cores. This work for me.

About players using draco for power leveling. Yes is ridicolos when a budy MR9 dont even know what is archwing and how to get kubrow. Yes I meet many players that just want high MR/all warframes and weapons maxed. And yes I have few friends power leveling Draco and get bored from the game,simply bcoz they dont want to try other missions.

Forgive my englis.

I don't get it. It's finally catching on in consoles, and here's the thing. I am playing the hell out of that mission. I've seen three teams wipe out completely. The Grineer are no push overs when they are swarming. I'm flying around as a Zephyr capturing broadcast signals and reviving like mad. And I am having a blast.

This reminds me of the Loot Cave in Destiny. You have somebody saying how can you be having fun (squats in loot cave to stop other players), and why aren't you playing like me, or how the Devs wanted you play. Well guess what? The Loot Cave was freaking fun. You shot into it. And then all hell would break loose. The war between the space zombies and space pirates would break out, or a satellite would drop on your head. I had more fun playing there than wandering around the whole this is how you should play routine. And lo behold, those players who shot into the Loot Cave, would tire of it then send friend requests, and run off to play as the Devs wanted them to.

If I had to grind through four snipers for MR ranking while everyone of them sucks, I'd just put in Fallout4 instead, because now Warframe is not fun. Taking them to Draco and getting rid of them was satisfying. It was satisfying to get rid of them and fast.

Want to make them fun. Stick thermal sights on them, or let them see and shoot through walls. It's a PVE game for god's sake, why are we saying no to thermal sighting on freaking Snipers? Draco, viver, Senchura, they are saving a lot of us from the tedious BS of mediocre weapon grinding.

Well, I mean, you're playing Draco "wrong", at least in terms of efficiently grinding affinity. The most efficient way to grind affinity is to bring a Trinity, a Rhino (or other buffer) and two Excals, each of which use a specific build. You cap two points (the minimum needed to win the match), and then everyone groups up in one spot, with Trinity casting EV over and over, Rhino use Roar to buff damage, and the two Excals just spamming Radial Javelin. You don't fly around the map, you don't do anything but hit one button over and over until the match is finished.

That's what people are talking about, when they talk about grinding Draco.

Good day fellow Tenno. As we all know, Draco is one of WARFRAME's most used/played missions out there at the moment for one purpose, and one purpose alone... "Leveling". I find it a big problem that it's that easy to level up weapons and Frame's that easily, without actually getting to play the item and build and extensive knowledge about a certain aspect of WARFRAME. It seems to me that more and more lower leveled players are catching on to the whole "Draco leveling" and I'm concerned that they are not getting the full WARFRAME experience that I and many other veteran players received a few years ago. If some sort of rework on the map could shed light on the matter, I'm sure that players could experience WARFRAME as they should, and not as a XP grind of a game. Thank you. 

Um, why are YOU concerned that OTHER players are not getting the warframe experience YOU want THEM to have.  I think I found your problem, you are too concerned with what other players are doing. If they want to level the 500th weapon to lvl 30 for the MR and have no interest in using said weapon why do you care? Perhaps they think Bows suck, I figured out Bows suck when I used Paris Mk1, perhaps I will draco Paris, Paris Prime, Dread, Cernos, Rakta Cernos, etc so that i am not FORCED to play a weapon i hate (bows) over and over again lvl 1-30.

If you can tell me what "skill" i get at WF, or what "knowledge" I get at warframe,  (to justify the MR) from using Paris after leveling Paris Mk-1, or what positive WF experience i am missing by playing a terrible weapon i hate to use,  then MAYBE you will have the tiniest leg to stand on.

Perhaps a player whose leveled their Tonkor twice already doesn't want to do it the other 4 times after putting on formas 3-6

Otherwise your argument is that you don't want other people to be able to level things easier than you think they should be leveled. YOU can still not go to Draco.

Edited by Shockwave-

Well, I mean, you're playing Draco "wrong", at least in terms of efficiently grinding affinity. The most efficient way to grind affinity is to bring a Trinity, a Rhino (or other buffer) and two Excals, each of which use a specific build. You cap two points (the minimum needed to win the match), and then everyone groups up in one spot, with Trinity casting EV over and over, Rhino use Roar to buff damage, and the two Excals just spamming Radial Javelin. You don't fly around the map, you don't do anything but hit one button over and over until the match is finished.

That's what people are talking about, when they talk about grinding Draco.

There is absolutely no need to do this.

Any 4 frames can do draco, you get all the xp as long as you are in 50 meteres (so stay generally around D and don't go to the far corners of the map.

And for the love of god take all 4 points... there is no reason not to take all 4 points, Affinity vs time goes DOWN when you only take two points. The only reason to take 2 points only is if you aren't strong enough to do wave 4.

This is quite interesting, and as far as I know Draco isn't the only way to quickly level up weapons or frame.. as there are stealth killing method (as I and my clannies doing) to get as fast as draco or even twice as fast. also there are affinity boosters, if you just wanna squeeze exp up fast while doing normal missions A.K.A other grind. Tho I must say leveling new frame is kinda hard at the beginning (for low MR people) to get up if there are nobody showing a way or carrying them up, so Draco is a fast way to level a frame and even more with affinity booster.

it's not a major problem tho as I do Draco too sometimes as it is the most comfortable way for some. I'd say the fair point here is people need to try different stuff and maybe not rely too much on draco and pump their MR too fast (which I did), and start looking at their inventories, weapons and frames, is it all well built? is it all have shared attention to even function on high level missions? 

all in all, it's a matter of choice, however there is a good point of encouraging people to do more stuff, varieties of missions and even conclave? I don't do much conclave but still, it is just a matter of choice. They want exp fast and simpe, why not? Do Draco!

peace :D

Edited by KeGaRe

Good day fellow Tenno. As we all know, Draco is one of WARFRAME's most used/played missions out there at the moment for one purpose, and one purpose alone... "Leveling". I find it a big problem that it's that easy to level up weapons and Frame's that easily, without actually getting to play the item and build and extensive knowledge about a certain aspect of WARFRAME. It seems to me that more and more lower leveled players are catching on to the whole "Draco leveling" and I'm concerned that they are not getting the full WARFRAME experience that I and many other veteran players received a few years ago. If some sort of rework on the map could shed light on the matter, I'm sure that players could experience WARFRAME as they should, and not as a XP grind of a game. Thank you. 

Removing Draco will only be a classic case of treating the symptoms not the disease.  If they don't want people to find "Level Caves" because they surely will come up with a next most efficient method of leveling, then they need to make leveling more entertaining (somehow) and a bit easier.  Not too easy, mind you, but it's not up to me to decide where that balance should be.

Warframe experience?

You mean the experience where you CC the entire map with just one button?

Or the experience where you make your frame to become invulnerable to any source of damage and become nigh invincible?

Or the experience where you become invisible indefinitely and can do whatever you want without any consequence?

Or the experience where you find a good spot in the map and camp there for a few hours?

Or the experience of doing the Raid over and over again using the same cookie-cutter setup that give you infinite energy, CC the entire map and make your frame invulnerable to any source of damage at the same time?

Wow, it sounds like I missed a lot doing Draco instead of those activities.

This is quite interesting, and as far as I know Draco isn't the only way to quickly level up weapons or frame.. as there are stealth killing method (as I and my clannies doing) to get as fast as draco or even twice as fast. also there are affinity boosters, if you just wanna squeeze exp up fast while doing normal missions A.K.A other grind. Tho I must say leveling new frame is kinda hard at the beginning (for low MR people) to get up if there are nobody showing a way or carrying them up, so Draco is a fast way to level a frame and even more with affinity booster.

it's not a major problem tho as I do Draco too sometimes as it is the most comfortable way for some. I'd say the fair point here is people need to try different stuff and maybe not rely too much on draco and pump their MR too fast (which I did), and start looking at their inventories, weapons and frames, is it all well built? is it all have shared attention to even function on high level missions? 

all in all, it's a matter of choice, however there is a good point of encouraging people to do more stuff, varieties of missions and even conclave? I don't do much conclave but still, it is just a matter of choice. They want exp fast and simpe, why not? Do Draco!

peace :D

Even a well trained monkey could function in high level missions.

There is absolutely no need to do this.

Any 4 frames can do draco, you get all the xp as long as you are in 50 meteres (so stay generally around D and don't go to the far corners of the map.

And for the love of god take all 4 points... there is no reason not to take all 4 points, Affinity vs time goes DOWN when you only take two points. The only reason to take 2 points only is if you aren't strong enough to do wave 4.

That depends on whether you want to do a single run of Draco (to max out your daily rep, for instance) or grind it for a while (e.g. putting multiple formae on a weapon). It also depends on whether or not you're pugging. If you are, you'll probably have better luck with everyone sticking to a well-defined, publicly-known plan than hoping that either all of them can hold their own or that you can carry them all yourself.

Edited by motorfirebox

Um, why are YOU concerned that OTHER players are not getting the warframe experience YOU want THEM to have.  I think I found your problem, you are too concerned with what other players are doing. If they want to level the 500th weapon to lvl 30 for the MR and have no interest in using said weapon why do you care? Perhaps they think Bows suck, I figured out Bows suck when I used Paris Mk1, perhaps I will draco Paris, Paris Prime, Dread, Cernos, Rakta Cernos, etc so that i am not FORCED to play a weapon i hate (bows) over and over again lvl 1-30.

If you can tell me what "skill" i get at WF, or what "knowledge" I get at warframe,  (to justify the MR) from using Paris after leveling Paris Mk-1, or what positive WF experience i am missing by playing a terrible weapon i hate to use,  then MAYBE you will have the tiniest leg to stand on.

Perhaps a player whose leveled their Tonkor twice already doesn't want to do it the other 4 times after putting on formas 3-6

Otherwise your argument is that you don't want other people to be able to level things easier than you think they should be leveled. YOU can still not go to Draco.

And then you get that same guy that grinded Draco until he/she reached MR10 in a Raid, what do they do, oh wait, they don't do anything.... And I appreciate your comment. But my point was yet again proven to me a day ago, I asked a MR15 player to be an EV Trin on simple defense mission, he replied: "Dude, I've been playing for 2 weeks. I have no idea how to use anything other then Excal really, could you help?.." He was MR15... and didn't know how to EV. But I understand if you want to use Draco to level a Forma'd weapon. As you already have the experience for the weapon.

Have a nice day.

And then you get that same guy that grinded Draco until he/she reached MR10 in a Raid, what do they do, oh wait, they don't do anything.... And I appreciate your comment. But my point was yet again proven to me a day ago, I asked a MR15 player to be an EV Trin on simple defense mission, he replied: "Dude, I've been playing for 2 weeks. I have no idea how to use anything other then Excal really, could you help?.." He was MR15... and didn't know how to EV. But I understand if you want to use Draco to level a Forma'd weapon. As you already have the experience for the weapon.

Have a nice day.

For the LAST TIME:

MASTERY.RANKS.DO.NOT.MATTER.AND.SHOULD.NOT.BE.USED.AS.A.TOOL.TO.MEASURE.HOW.GOOD.A.PLAYER.PERFORMS

Glad that's out of the way, and now the main topic:

Nerfing/Deleting Draco does NOTHING to solve the problem of Warframe's grindfest. The reason why Draco is a favorite amongst the playerbase is that it provides good xp with decent rewards and guarantees that you won't die too quickly, and that DE made MR something worth grinding for (e.g. number of trades and loadout space), and the problem with forma (because 90% of Warframe weaponry has low damage that only a damage buffing ability would compensate for it, or if you slap on 6 forma and event exclusive mods to make it slightly better than something that is unmodded but still slacks behind a decent weapon with the exact same build) resetting every weapon to 0. There will ALWAYS be a mission like Draco that is a blatant grind cave for convenience. So just deal with it while we watch DE struggle to pull out [insert weapon type] 3.0 and make every single weapon worthwhile or have some degree of utility value.

For the LAST TIME:

MASTERY.RANKS.DO.NOT.MATTER.AND.SHOULD.NOT.BE.USED.AS.A.TOOL.TO.MEASURE.HOW.GOOD.A.PLAYER.PERFORMS

Glad that's out of the way, and now the main topic:

Nerfing/Deleting Draco does NOTHING to solve the problem of Warframe's grindfest. The reason why Draco is a favorite amongst the playerbase is that it provides good xp with decent rewards and guarantees that you won't die too quickly, and that DE made MR something worth grinding for (e.g. number of trades and loadout space), and the problem with forma (because 90% of Warframe weaponry has low damage that only a damage buffing ability would compensate for it, or if you slap on 6 forma and event exclusive mods to make it slightly better than something that is unmodded but still slacks behind a decent weapon with the exact same build) resetting every weapon to 0. There will ALWAYS be a mission like Draco that is a blatant grind cave for convenience. So just deal with it while we watch DE struggle to pull out [insert weapon type] 3.0 and make every single weapon worthwhile or have some degree of utility value.

You missed the point, again. But thanks for the comment.*

Dude.

You literally just judged someone with high MR that does not know how to play any frame besides Excalibur.

If you want the players to "experience" every weapon and warframe and sentinel alike, there's a place for it. It's called the Simulacrum. You can literally do anything you want without some idiotic nukers who do literally nothing but press 4 and take away your right to experience the game. Draco is suitable for this because it has high level enemies to test your weapon's strengths and weaknesses, and providing affinity at the same time. Leveling weapons while using a Loki's invisibility, for instance, stealth attacking an enemy is not the best way to test a weapon because the stealth multiplier is unreliable as most players rush through missions rather than waiting for 2 minutes to scout the map. Therefore Loki stealth kills are not good for leveling as it does not test out what weapons do under different circumstances. The current Warframe build now has nothing to do with "experience the game" (e.g. Zephyr flight limitation, telepathic hivemind etc), and Draco does not deserve to take the blame (I can't believe it rhymes!). Deleting Draco, as I have previously stated, does NOTHING to get out of the "must earn affinity, must grind focus, must earn MR" mentality. The only way to change this is via changing the game itself, which DE is not working on right now (Excalibur Umbra much?).

I have no problem with Draco. I am a MR 11 player, but I haven't ranked up many weapons that are now low ranked and useless. Going to Draco means I can level up the Bo staff, get the affinity from it and then sell it in under an hour. If it wasn't for Draco, I would have to spend time leveling up low ranking weapons like the Magistar on my own time, which is IMO a waste of my time. Maybe it should be made a MR 8+ exclusive node or something, but don't get rid of it. It has its uses.

Have a nice day.

So what? Why do you care if that guy doesn't know how to EV? If he doesn't then don't take him on your mission.... how does him not knowing this hurt YOU?

Whenever I want to level up a new Warframe people won't let me join because I'm not a frost, Trinity, Excalibur, or buffer. So I have to go Lua on earth or something to level up which is a pain.

Run PUGs. They are way more forgiving than the recruiting bunch, and will not hesitate to revive you in case you make a mistake.

Draco is not a problem, it simply allows players to attain higher mastery (fairly meaningless) easily. I do find it troubling that the game caters to players who want to max a weapon in 15 minutes, but to max any rank 10 mod will now take months...

I had not been to Draco for years, and I had a mate come on that had a break for a few months, and he wanted to buy some new guns and play for a few days, so of course he asked "so where do we level these days?" as before he just took Vauban to a Dark Sector infestation Defense and parked his backside on a tall box to level stuff.

I took him to Draco.

Thing is, he actually enjoys that. I mean the "mindless and constant blowing up of stuff" and I only did about 10-15 runs with him, then he went with PUG's for another few hours. Like, non-stop.

Who am I to say that he can't have fun that way?

Other nodes might take twice as as long, but they will STILL allow people to level way faster then what DE probably wants anyway.

I don't think you can fix this, because technically, it's not a "real" game problem, it's just that once players hit a particular stage in the game, they don't want to go back and redo something they have done too many times before.

Edited by DSpite