Display The Name Of And The Ability To Rename Mod Configurations In The Main Arsenal Menu?

(PSN)VariantX7

Some times I log in and assume that I have a certain configuration equipped when I forget that the game defaults to mod config A when you reboot warframe.

JcaAWL8.jpg

This small addition can help players confirm what choices they've made before leaving the menu.

It might also help if players are eventually allowed to add more configs to allow players to rename them as well to remember them better at a glance what they do.

• Like 1

I've never noticed it switching everything to A on a reboot.  I've only seen that happen when I unequip and re-equip something.  In fact, if it did do that I wouldn't have accidentally used Config C on my Mag today when helping a clan-mate with the sortie (Config C being specially set up for the final mission but not ideal for the first two for which I would have prefered A).

I've never noticed it switching everything to A on a reboot.  I've only seen that happen when I unequip and re-equip something.  In fact, if it did do that I wouldn't have accidentally used Config C on my Mag today when helping a clan-mate with the sortie (Config C being specially set up for the final mission but not ideal for the first two for which I would have prefered A).

Actually, you're absolutely right. It doesn't switch at all, as long as you don't change or remove your weapon.

• 4 years later...

Well, after 5 years, I think game needs this more. With the addition of (spoiler from the Deimos)

Spoiler

Helminth system

we will have many, very different configs.

In addition to Arsenal change, I would like to see it in the Esc menu:

3HAGp2k.jpg

for "Esc menu" (when you hover over your name) it could show something like this:

Chroma Prime [30] - Config A
Steel charge
Acceltra [30] - Config F

That would be a useful addition for sure, just need to make sure there's enough space to allow your Config's name to show while you're in a squad (In case it'll overlap their information somehow).

Although speaking of mod configuration names, I think it was around the Deadlock Protocol update (Or a little before that?) when all name limits were shortened to 16 spaces (Used to be roughly 32 spaces, more or less based on how long your other names were). Longer, previously named ones were left alone, however if you accidentally try updating one, it cuts the name off from that point onward.

I did that with an Umbral-named build for Chroma unfortunately. As an example, one name I still have would be: "Config B: Saryn Umbra". It's more than 16 spaces, but there's a lot of configs for things that I'd like to name in that way (Keeping it organized!).

• I'm not sure if one of the times the game's file size was lessened required the mod config name limits to be decreased, or if it was a bug that went under-the-radar, but as long as it wouldn't massively bring up the file size, I think it should be raised up to about 26-30 spaces per name, if it wouldn't be too much to ask.

• I did think of an idea for how the limit could be expanded; Simply have any longer names fade off-screen similar to how the collection of mods goes off one side of the screen to another. It could allow the previous name limits to be restored, and people can finally properly name their builds if a longer word is needed!

That's one question I've been wondering about for many months actually. Haven't found any information in any update notes or hotfixes, etc. about the change to config name limits since then. Even checked the wiki, but found nothing specifically about that.

Edited by (NSW)Gamer-Steve
I found a typo :)
  • Like 1