The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Assault Rifles Needs Immediate Nerf.

Shin

Games are full of assault rifle users. Everyone is using these easy to use Overpowered weapons. I dont know whats the plan for these but please nerf them already. For the past 2 days i see nothing but Braton Prime, Karak and Soma prime spammers. Its not fun fighting in a boring 8v8 where everyone is using these weapons.

Suggestions:

Spread patterns for weapons.

High recoil.

Damage fall off.

Remove Hitscans.

Individual Bullet velocities.

Remove Headshot multipliers complately.

This way maybe their damage can be buffed but atleast it would take more skill as opposed to " You are in my sight, you're dead"

If i want to try and use a fast build i die in a mili second. These weapons deals unreasonable amounts of damage. 

So long as we have these low skill ceiling easy to use overpowered weapons, conclaves will stay like this where people who knows how to move dominates and rest of the players upset because of the mobility and how OP the Daikyuu etc are, while in reality they just refuse to part with their ez mode weapons.

Im seriously disgusted right now and i didnt hate Conclave 1.0 this much. Straight 2 days where everyone is using assault rifles. This isnt fun. Please do something about these weapons. Full autos are the bane of Conclaves and Fun.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed antagonizing comment

I agree with the objective of this thread.

My suggestion on the topic:

Make every auto projectile instead of hitscan, reduce the damage by like 30% and add a "reverse fall-off" where they deal less damage the closer they are to the target.

I think that you shouldn't touch both Hitscan factor and Damage. One or the other, elseway it's goingto be a too much big nerf.

Auto-guns which are a pain are just Somas which have unending magazine, Karaks and Deras Vandal which have too much high burst.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

You forgot Boltor Prime, dood!

But yea. We just have to wait for the Multishot nerf... uhm "balance", and the rumor which is already spreading among the infidels "Damage 3.0".

Otherwise, damage fall off isn't that a matter of case. Firing a simple UMP45 has a damage fall off after reaching 150 meters. So yea... that point is obsoleted anyways.

The custom velocity and high recoil would be great, especially the recoil stuff. Never used those mods, neither on rifles, pistols, potato guns, nor butter knives.

But no to the head shot and hitscan thingy. I for my self facing some hard times aiming for too fast roller blading, or chunky bumpy fast running robotics/infested meat with non-hitscan weapons, e.g. kunai, despair, bows, Boltor, etc.

The headshot thing is a supreme cream on the cake. Leave it as it is. Makes people to actually plan their aiming and not firing around like Rambo on drugs.

You forgot Boltor Prime, dood!

But yea. We just have to wait for the Multishot nerf... uhm "balance", and the rumor which is already spreading among the infidels "Damage 3.0".

Otherwise, damage fall off isn't that a matter of case. Firing a simple UMP45 has a damage fall off after reaching 150 meters. So yea... that point is obsoleted anyways.

The custom velocity and high recoil would be great, especially the recoil stuff. Never used those mods, neither on rifles, pistols, potato guns, nor butter knives.

But no to the head shot and hitscan thingy. I for my self facing some hard times aiming for too fast roller blading, or chunky bumpy fast running robotics/infested meat with non-hitscan weapons, e.g. kunai, despair, bows, Boltor, etc.

The headshot thing is a supreme cream on the cake. Leave it as it is. Makes people to actually plan their aiming and not firing around like Rambo on drugs.

PVP related thread.

The only thing is see is people with one shoot bow an burston in pvp :l

I use an assault rifle (dera) and i don't think its op, the thing is that if you aim well and go for the head its pretty good, which is totaly fine.

I been killed many times with a burston prime in like a sec, but i guess people just aim well and i don't move fast enough.

I tried soma karak and braton and i wasn't good at all with these weapons but well i am just starting pvp since 2 weeks :l

Edited by clemza

I didnt include Boltor etc. They are powerful too but atleast they dont have unholy amounts of fire rate and hitscan. Atleast you can get away from then and they are easy to get away from as they are extremely inaccurate on long ranges.

I think that you shouldn't touch both Hitscan factor and Damage. One or the other, elseway it's goingto be a too much big nerf.

Auto-guns which are a pain are just Somas which have unending magazine, Karaks and Deras Vandal which have too much high burst.

Im sorry but i dont see how we can nerf them too much. They are the easiest weapon that you can use in PvP and their stats etc are unreasonable.

I mean we have a weapon called Sybaris which obviously takes more skill to use but its illogically inaccurate. You roll the dice to hit the targets on long ranges where you can spray and kill the targets with Hitscans. There is just no downsides of using this weapon type, in a game mode where balance is delicate ,this is a huge problem.

-snip

Who cares about PvE? Let people have fun with anything they like, no need to nerf anything over PvE because it doesnt affect anyone but "Muh kills" type of players which noone cares about.

Also Please read topics Title and the forum section before posting.

This is definitely an issue.

The main culprits are actually Gorgon family and Soma Prime above all. Karaks and Bratons not quite so much; they handle very well and pack a punch but don't have obscenely high ROF/magsizes, and overall lower DPS. Dera Vandal is balanced by its being projectile and needing to lead, while only having slightly more DPS than a Braton P.

Main problem is an imbalance between "skill input" and "performance output". Daikyu has high skill input, but also gives high performance output. The Furis is a powerful automatic secondary, but absolutely requires good aim to get the most out of it. Twin Gremlins have obscene damage per shot, but their awkward firing tempo and slow velocity mean using them isn't the simplest thing.

On the other hand, a weapon like Soma Prime has only two real weak points: When it's spooling, and when it's reloading. In between those, you have thirteen seconds of uninterrupted firing... and more raw DPS than a Braton with less than half the mag. So it's painfully trivial to hide behind a wall, spool up, and just grind everyone in sight down.

But, I don't think piling on all of those nerfs is the way to balance them. Especially not handling nerfs like huge recoil/accuracy changes, which effectively make them completely different guns from PVE versions. What I'd do, for starters, is raise their TTK to be significantly higher/slower (read: nerf their burst DPS significantly, in favor of gradually racking up sustained damage over a longer period).

This is definitely an issue.

The main culprits are actually Gorgon family and Soma Prime above all. Karaks and Bratons not quite so much; they handle very well and pack a punch but don't have obscenely high ROF/magsizes, and overall lower DPS. Dera Vandal is balanced by its being projectile and needing to lead, while only having slightly more DPS than a Braton P.

Its all of the autos that are the problem, even aksomatis. Just now I played a game, klling this guy over and over again. Switches to his prisma grakata and magically goes on a 6 killstreak and destroys me. Pure destruction in the click of a loadout.

Will do some more autos testing soon. Tell you my results with prisma grakata.

Edited by Eureka.seveN

Its all of the autos that are the problem, even aksomatis. Just now I played a game, klling this guy over and over again. Switches to his prisma grakata and magically goes on a 6 killstreak and destroys me. Pure destruction in the click of a loadout.

Will do some more autos testing soon. Tell you my results with prisma grakata.

I find Prisma Grakata is way more balanced JUST because it has so little spare ammo and burns through its mag in no time.

The Soma Prime, on the other hand, is ridiculous.

Well, I feel like every weapon has its place at the moment. I use Daikyu, Sybaris and Braton p depending on my enemy and I don't feel like one of them is more powerfull than the others ...

Well... most. You still don't see Atomos in conclave. Also, Soma Prime actually has higher DPS than Braton Prime...

I agree, these weapons take no skill to use. They're the equivalent of M1+W Pyros in Team Fortress 2, only much better range.

Also, just a little nitpick:

Every single weapon takes skill to use. It's all about aiming and shooting at the right time with enough practice. 

I agree with the objective of this thread.

My suggestion on the topic:

Make every auto projectile instead of hitscan, reduce the damage by like 30% and add a "reverse fall-off" where they deal less damage the closer they are to the target.

I disagree with making those rifles into auto-projectile. Since there are many players using auto making them look like 'spammable'. Ammo reduction like DE did to Tigris/Sancti Tigris may fix the issue. Even heavy melee needs fix right now in term of their damage. They just hit too hard channeled. 

I have seen alot of latron whraith users...

DE nerf auto Rifles...

"DE auto rifles are too weak"...

it happends, on every change...

I agreed Latron series is strong with Double Tap, i think the special mod itself should be reduced in term of damage (20% ?). 

Every single weapon takes skill to use. It's all about aiming and shooting at the right time with enough practice. 

So aiming on someone for a split second and killing them is called skill? I must be a MLG player then. I mean i do that a lot.

I disagree with making those rifles into auto-projectile. Since there are many players using auto making them look like 'spammable'. Ammo reduction like DE did to Tigris/Sancti Tigris may fix the issue. Even heavy melee needs fix right now in term of their damage. They just hit too hard channeled. 

Making them look like "spamable" I want what you are smoking friend. Holding left click and murdering people with no effort is not okay. Straight ammo reduction wont help, damage has to be reduced and Headshot multipliers has to be removed to even make an attempt at balancing these weapons.

autorifles are indeed actually weak on fast moving players. if ur using a fast frame like me most of the time with lower ehp and get killed by an auto then there is something wrong with what u do.

Having someone accidentaly howering their reticule over me for a split second causing me to die is not ok. Everyone using his is not ok at all. 

When you see everyone using one type of weapons in a game lets you know that they need immediate balancing.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removed Provocation

When you see everyone using one type of weapons in a game lets you know that they need immediate balancing.

Well, I stay with Noctus on this one.

Automatic weapons are just easier to use than other weapons, that's why the average player uses them more often than any other weapon type. I prefer Daikyu and Sybaris other these weapons and it works just fine ...

Well, I stay with Noctus on this one.

Automatic weapons are just easier to use than other weapons, that's why the average player uses them more often than any other weapon type. I prefer Daikyu and Sybaris other these weapons and it works just fine ...

An easy to use weapon should not perform this good.