The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Nekros Augment Mod Shield Of Shadows

Z3ox

Question

Min-maxing isn't required really, but having good duration and a decent power strength is beneficial. That will allow the user to have some more survivability for a more killy Nekros without having to hurt to many other mod builds.

Here's my Nekros build...

Corrosive Projection, Cunning Drift (Exilus)

Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage R6, Despoil, Natural Talent

Vitality, Equilibrium, Shield of Shadows

Natural Talent can be replaced with Stretch or Soul Survivor or whatever. But I found without Natural Talent, the casting speed on Shield of Shadows was a serious health risk.

The build works by killing things, casting Desecrate to lower your Health and get red orbs, using the red orbs to boost your Energy through Equilibrium, then using that Energy to fuel Shield of Shadows so you can survive long enough to kill more things to Desecrate...

Weapons: Sancti Tigris, Furis (Winds of Purity), Dual Raza

Edited by OniGanon

I use this one (warning: the build requires micromanagement or health/energy):

- Aura Energy Siphon

- Exilus Cunning Drift

Blind Rage r9+

Primed Continuity

Stretch

Equilibrium

Primed Flow

Vitality

Despoil

Shield of Shadows

You use Despoil to generate energy through Equilibrium. Terrify is your excellent panic button. Shadows last long enough and you have enough that you can hit the 90% damage redirection cap.

Best if paired with a weapon that can nuke stuff fast.

I use this one (warning: the build requires micromanagement or health/energy):

- Aura Energy Siphon

- Exilus Cunning Drift

Blind Rage r9+

Primed Continuity

Stretch

Equilibrium

Primed Flow

Vitality

Despoil

Shield of Shadows

You use Despoil to generate energy through Equilibrium. Terrify is your excellent panic button. Shadows last long enough and you have enough that you can hit the 90% damage redirection cap.

Best if paired with a weapon that can nuke stuff fast.

If you change up the Aura to Rejuvination, and maybe the Exilus to Speed Drift (less cast speed so you won't die casting Shadows in higher tier missions). Just a suggestion Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

Here, try this build out:

Enemy Radar

Blind Rage 8/10 (don't go higher then this)

Intensify

Vitality

Despoil

Equilibrium

(p) Continuity 

Natural Talent

Shield of Shadows

Power Drift

The use of Carrier is basically mandatory with that build. Either way that should give you 90% damage reduction and the only thing you are truly sacrificing is range (you can always replace intensify for stretch). You will learn the power Despoil + Equilibrium + Carrier.

Personal question @MrJxt, how can you deal with 150 power? Have I just been spoiled by Flow for too long?

I ask because I used to main Trin/Trin P and a buddy plays Frost P. I recently got Nekros and forma'd him twice yesterday so I'm also looking for input and reading these posts. We liked that I can still give Frost energy via desecrate, nothing like trin, but manageable and the bonus loot is great. To be honest, I have never had such trouble trying to come up with a workable build for a frame. It seems like Nekros is always on the edge of gimped with one wrong mod.

Personal question @MrJxt, how can you deal with 150 power? Have I just been spoiled by Flow for too long?

I ask because I used to main Trin/Trin P and a buddy plays Frost P. I recently got Nekros and forma'd him twice yesterday so I'm also looking for input and reading these posts. We liked that I can still give Frost energy via desecrate, nothing like trin, but manageable and the bonus loot is great. To be honest, I have never had such trouble trying to come up with a workable build for a frame. It seems like Nekros is always on the edge of gimped with one wrong mod.

Despoil/Equilibrium has amazing synergy. You lose health from Despoil, but Desecrated enemies drop health orbs. Those health orbs give you energy back because of Equilibirum. You have basically endless energy. Even with Energy Leeches around, you can outpace their energy drain by the sheer amount of energy you take in.

And because Despoil makes Desecrate take health to cast instead of energy, you'll never be caught without the means to get energy back. Bring a weapon with Life Strike or a Winds of Purity Furis as back up and you're completely self-sustaining.

May be warframe builder is wrong then that is what it tells me.

The builder's wrong, in fact the rounding on Shadows always round down. Thus you need exactly 215% power strenght, because 214% gives you 14.98 shadows iirc. I actually opened a thread in feedback for that, because it left me pretty dubious.

For reference, i rewrote my build a bit (Intensify in place of Stretch) and it works wonders tbh. Tried it in an Infested Excavation, got to 2.5k solo without going down once :D And the army is so much fun, if a bit invasive on the screen :D

Edited by Autongnosis

Over Despoil + Equilibrium there is no build with Energy management... I don't really understand how you dudes think about sharing those builds.
Once you have no energy you're simply dead.

Also Shield of Shadows is too much flawed, it requires too many stats to build around, and you end up sacrifying Casting Speed or Energy management.

It's not an efficent Mod.

Shield of Shadow cannot work in any way  in a proper manner. It requires +115% extra Strenght, Duration, Efficency, Range, after that it suffers heavy Energy management problems, casting time issues..
And if that's not enough even with 90% damage reduction at high level won't change anything, more damage source incoming will straight kill you quickly enough.
Without considering that giving a damage reduction factor to a skill which should be yet defensive and draw aggro.. damage reduction over damage negation? It doesn't make sense.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Min-maxing isn't required really, but having good duration and a decent power strength is beneficial. That will allow the user to have some more survivability for a more killy Nekros without having to hurt to many other mod builds.

Well it kinda is. Stuffed like 6 formas down his throat to even finish a remotely perfect shadow build, simply bc he needs it... he needs a rly high quantity of shadows for shield of shadows to rly help and very high duration to stack enough kills in theyr active period... i'm not even sure if i'm convinced with my current build tho even after all the work i put into him...might trade power drift for the cast speed one (or idealy natural talent once it gets implemented as exilus mod)

My build is:

Rejuvination

Despoil

Shield of Shadows

Equilibrium

Vitality

Blind rage R7?8? Not sure imo. Eats 145 (5 energy puffer for leeches) energy for his ult

Narrow mindet R9 (probably gonna max it one of these days)

Prime continiuty

Stretch

Exilus as mentioned.

The gameplay is simple: use desecrate for your management. Evry cast has 2 rolls, the first one is health, the second is loot. The healthorbs are what you need. Equilibrium gives you for each healthorb you collect energy and vise versa. Energy is kinda guaranteed as despoil reduces your health. Just cast soul punch or terrify to gain health over energy orbs if you're close to death. Cast them shadows after stacking kills and keep them going after that point. Doesn't give max reduction but makes your life easyer at least...changing something, for example duration or range for any strength mods would max it but it's rly not worth the struggle to get enough kills or orbs.... definitly trade it for shield of shadows in runs where you're protected.

Can't confirm getting bored tho. One of my favorites as he doesn't only give amazing results but does so without any kind of autopilot. Slack off and you're screwed.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Over Despoil + Equilibrium there is no build with Energy management... I don't really understand how you dudes think about sharing those builds.

Also Shield of Shadows is too much flawed, it requires too many stats to build around, and you end up sacrifying Casting Speed or Energy management.

It's not an efficent Mod.

Well they're kinda supposed to but actuall aggro has yet to be implemented in this game ...

DE seems to consider it as i see it pop up in augument votes evry now and then but i'll definitly stick to reduction till DE gives him some attention

Acvtually it's really useful, unless your Shadows have the bright idea of walking all together save for one in a Nullifier bubble not 5s from casting. They're a bit braindead sometimes <3

Took some getting used to but it can handle 3rd tier Sortie enemies just fine.

If you change up the Aura to Rejuvination, and maybe the Exilus to Speed Drift (less cast speed so you won't die casting Shadows in higher tier missions). Just a suggestion

Not really - at least not the aura. Cunning Drift is a personal preference for better slidecasting / air-slidecasting and because i was forced to swap out Stretch so i want every bit of range i can muster for Terrify. Rejuvenation instead is a no-no, i actually want to be at minimum efficiency with this build, since that way every Despoil cast will, provided it hits at least 4 enemies, generate 110 energy while also recovering the 77.5 HP lost. Rejuvenation would mess with this too much, and would also force me to spam Desecrate to get my health down to get energy through Equilibrium.

Casting time does make me suffer a little bit, but nothing a Terrify and some cover can't solve :)

Eh?

With Despoil + Equilibrium, you're practically swimming in Energy. Even with my negative Efficiency from Blind Rage, I still have so much Energy income that I need to occasionally cast Terrify/Soul Punch so I can pick up blue orbs for health through Equilibrium.

It's a choice between casting speed and range. Energy management isn't an issue.

Eh?

With Despoil + Equilibrium, you're practically swimming in Energy. Even with my negative Efficiency from Blind Rage, I still have so much Energy income that I need to occasionally cast Terrify/Soul Punch so I can pick up blue orbs for health through Equilibrium.

It's a choice between casting speed and range. Energy management isn't an issue.

Read it again please.

You didn't grasp the point of my post.

Energy management is an issue when you don't have Despoil+Equilibrium or Rage+Vitality (Rage+Vit works better on tanky frames, Nekros is squishy).

There is no other way of having energy.

Many builds posted on the previous page are claimed to be working but they have nothing to get energy. Once you have no energy and can't cast Sotd or Terrify anymore you're dead.

In max Strenght builds to have the best benefit from Shield of Shadows (90% reduction = 15 Shadows = 215% Power Str) there isn't place for both Energy management or Casting Speed.

Both of them are essential in a Nekros build.

3 slots for Strenght, at least 1 for Duration (Primed Continuity is mandatory to fix Transient Fortitude), 1 for Sotd Augment = 5 slots used. Other 3 slots are for either: Natural Talent, Efficency (to fix Blind Rage)or Flow, Vitality+Despoil+Equilibrium combo, Stretch, another duration mod, Vitality or Redirection.

(Narrow Minded is terrible, 100% range can't be sacrified, don't even consider it)

In this way you end up sacrifying important stats no matter what. And even reaching that 90% damage reduction you are gimped in other essential requirements.

It's not a matter of "the system is balanced", it's a matter of "the augment isn't balanced correctly to fit the system in a reasonable way".

At this point let's make Shadow Armor an Augment which can't scale with the Shadows number, because investing in having more Shadows out is technically non-efficent.

Another help could come from making Natural Talent an Exilus Mod, but it would be too strong compared to others.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

There was a grand total of like one guy who didn't have Despoil + Vitality + Equilibrium in their posted build...

What's this about needing 3 slots for Strength? It only requires 2 slots. Or you can use 2 slots + Exilus so you can use a lower rank of BR.

Transient Fortitude + Blind Rage R6

Transient Fortitude + Blind Rage R4 + Power Drift

Blind Rage R9 + Intensify

Blind Rage R7 + Intensify + Power Drift

Any of these combinations will be enough to max out Shield of Shadows.

That's 2 main mod slots for Strength. 1 more slot for Primed Continuity, 1 for SotD, 3 slots for Vit+Eq+Despoil combo.

That leaves 1 slot open (plus 1 Exilus slot if you didn't use it up for Power Drift).

There was a grand total of like one guy who didn't have Despoil + Vitality + Equilibrium in their posted build...

What's this about needing 3 slots for Strength? It only requires 2 slots. Or you can use 2 slots + Exilus so you can use a lower rank of BR.

Transient Fortitude + Blind Rage R6

Transient Fortitude + Blind Rage R4 + Power Drift

Blind Rage R9 + Intensify

Blind Rage R7 + Intensify + Power Drift

Any of these combinations will be enough to max out Shield of Shadows.

That's 2 main mod slots for Strength. 1 more slot for Primed Continuity, 1 for SotD, 3 slots for Vit+Eq+Despoil combo.

That leaves 1 slot open (plus 1 Exilus slot if you didn't use it up for Power Drift).

So you don't backup Blind Rage with any efficency mod.

From what I know Efficency affects also health cost of Despoil, this means you need more energy to cast SotD and you'll lose more health on every Desacrate cast.

If the objective of this all is getting 90% damage reduction while you go around at half life, with less Vitality, being at costant danger over a static target while you Desacrate to get more energy... This doesn't make sense.

At this point is better not building for that 90%. There are more counters than pros.

The objective of this Augment was to make Nekros less squishy than what it is, to fix that problem; but to get off a decent effect you've to sacrifice too many other factors.

Is it correct? Am I missing anything?

Edited by Burnthesteak87

So you don't backup Blind Rage with any efficency mod.

From what I know Efficency affects also health cost of Despoil, this means you need more energy to cast SotD and you'll lose more health on every Desacrate cast.

If the objective of this all is getting 90% damage reduction while you go around at half life, with less Vitality, being at costant danger over a static target while you Desacrate to get more energy... This doesn't make sense.

At this point is better not building for that 90%. There are more counters than pros.

The objective of this Augment was to make Nekros less squishy than what it is, to fix that problem; but to get off a decent effect you've to sacrifice too many other factors.

Is it correct? Am I missing anything?

Yes you are :)

Having -eff is a good thing in that build because the more health you lose the more energy you get back from equilibrium. I have very rarely even hit half health, even during endurance runs this build keeps self sustaining itself really nice.

Mostly though you're missing a couple of crucial things:

- Terrify is godly with that setup, it's a 15m (17.3m for me) area of utter nothingness on demand on top of a very significant armour reduction, which is always nice

- Shadows, while stupid, still have an humongous amount of health and damage, and block line of fire. If anything, they are able to make you way safer than just 90% DR sounds. IE: during a Sortie a couple of days ago we had only Butchers spawn at the start so i had a 15-strong elementary school class of butchers following me around. Turn the corner into a group of happiness (3 napalms and one bombard) the powerfist charged and mobbed to death those superheavies in a matter of seconds... (EDIT: 3rd tier sortie)

The despoil+min efficiency+equilibrium combo is very nice because it can procedurally generate energy like Trinity can. You could also theoretically run it with QT+Primed Flow instead of Vitality+Primed Flow but i don't like that one because you get far too little health to work with.

Edited by Autongnosis