Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Give Bombards The Buzlok Mechanic? (And The Ogris Too)

(PSN)Fac3kick3r_lolz

As we know Bombards have a special Ogris. One that locks on the enemies. So.. What im suggesting is to have Bombards shoot out a tracer instead of having instant lock-on. If the tracer successfully lands on a foe. The bombard would get increased firing speed. The tracer can be removed by rolling much like a latcher to avoid the impending barrage. This change to bombards could maybe mean the same change to our Ogris. In which the alt-fire shoots a tracer that lasts for a bit and turns rockets into homing rockets. 

OMg... THIS GUY IS A GENIUS! Burn him before he becomes evil and destroys the world due to being smart! O wait this isn't a superman movie.... uhm... Alkward........ I like this idea?

(This is a joke if anyone takes any offense I am sorry but Idk how you took offense please reply and explain to me in details.)

Edited by Feallike

So Bombard should perform 2 actions with different priority:

1) Shoot the tracer

2) Shoot with ogris

Now, what happens if the tracer is removed with a roll?

a) Bombard will shoot another tracer

b) Bombard will continue to shoot with ogris but this will have not autoaim

if your option is (a) you could just spam roll everytime u got the tracer and in this way you just nullify the bombard which is bad.

if your option is (b) with how easy is to remove the tracer from upon yourself, basically you are just nerfing the bombard taking away the auto aim... which basically is a nerf to the ground of the unit since he cannot win against our mobility without it.

edit:typo

Edited by LordCloud00

that's the idea. it encourages parkour to deny them latching a tracer onto you.

I love the idea OP.

But...shouldn't you be doing parkour anyways for all the other units? This feels more like an afk check than something that requires skill to actually pull off. It's a neat and original idea but I don't think it's better than what we have now.

So Bombard should perform 2 actions with different priority:

1) Shoot the tracer

2) Shoot with ogris

Now, what happens if the tracer is removed with a roll?

a) Bombard will shoot another tracer

b) Bombard will continue to shoot with ogris but this will have not autoaim

if your option is (a) you could just spam roll everytime u got the tracer and in this way you just nullify the bombard which is bad.

if your option is (b) with how easy is to remove the tracer from upon yourself, basically you are just nerfing the bombard taking away the auto aim... which basically is a nerf to the ground of the unit since he cannot win against our mobility without it.

edit:typo

Basically it makes the bombard a joke.

I'd also like to point out that the 75% damage reduction + CC immunity of dodge rolls already makes it pretty easy to deal with bombards as is.