The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Weapon Modsagainst Which Faction?

Sterbefix

Question

hi

i have read the article "damage 2.0" on the wiki but honestly as a new player AND as someone who is not a native speaker i find this confusing and overly complicated

is there a guide which simply tells you which elemental etc. damage mods are best against which faction? this way i could just make 3 variants of mods in my weapons depending which faction i am fighting.

i ddont want to min-max to the extreme, i just want to have a genreal understanding wehat usually works best

Edited by Sterbefix

11 answers to this question

Fill out your codex; damage weaknesses are listed in there when you finish an enemy's Codex Entry. That said, Scan often and frequently if you can, but don't focus on just scanning; make sure you're still contributing. Any scans acquired during a failed mission still counts to that enemy's overall scans.

That said, the factions are typically weak to more than one weapon type, but a good rule to follow is as such. Grineer are weak to Puncture and Corrosive, Corpus are weak to Impact and Magnettic, and Infested are weak to Slash and Heat.

err... how can the "overview teble" in the "damage 2.0" be confusing and obtuse !?
all what you need to know is right THERE. Its simple and clean.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Overview_Table

but if you really need straight info:

for grineer:

puncture, corrosive, radiation, cold

for corpus:

toxin (non robots), magnetic, viral, impact, cold, electricity 

for Infested:

slash, fire, corrosive , blast, gas.

My three configs usually look like this:

1) General use: Corrosive (+ Heat)

2) Corpus: Toxin (+ Radiation*)

3) 4x CP Void / Grineer: Viral (+ Radiation)

*= Magnetic is great but Toxin simply bypassing Shields makes it a bit redundant while Radiation procs are fun lol

err... how can the "overview teble" in the "damage 2.0" be confusing and obtuse !?

all what you need to know is right THERE. Its simple and clean.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Overview_Table

but if you really need straight info:

for grineer:

puncture, corrosive, radiation, cold

for corpus:

toxin (non robots), magnetic, viral, impact, cold, electricity 

for Infested:

slash, fire, corrosive , blast, gas.

Thank you for this info!

I actually just wrote an article on this. To summarize:

Grineer: best damage type (puncture) best elemental combo (corrosive; combine electrical and toxin mods)

Corpus: best damage type (impact) best elemental combo (magnetic; combine electrical and cold mods)

Robots: best damage type (puncture) best elemental combo (radiation; combine fire and electrical mods)

Infested: best damage type (slash) best elemental combo (gas; combine fire and toxin mods)

My three configs usually look like this:

1) General use: Corrosive (+ Heat)

2) Corpus: Toxin (+ Radiation*)

3) 4x CP Void / Grineer: Viral (+ Radiation)

*= Magnetic is great but Toxin simply bypassing Shields makes it a bit redundant while Radiation procs are fun lol

Also he's right, when it comes to corpus you can bypass shields using toxin mods.

The problem with going for only toxin against corpus is that at higher levels it isn't going to be near enough damage and you are better off melting their shields with magnetic and using toxin as a secondary element to supplement.

The exception to this is a weapon that deals only toxin damage.

The problem with going for only toxin against corpus is that at higher levels it isn't going to be near enough damage and you are better off melting their shields with magnetic and using toxin as a secondary element to supplement.

The exception to this is a weapon that deals only toxin damage.

I was actually going to suggest the Phage but still yet at high levels it may not be as good either. 

What I do on my weapons for config A B C:

Config A

Void/Infested

Electric + Toxin + Fire

Config B

Grineer

Electric + Fire + Toxin

Config C

Corpus

Electric + Ice + Toxin

the game "reads" the mods from top to bottom, left to right. Place the mods in that order to get the right elemental combo.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

For me its almost the same as above,   

Corrosive against Void/infested and then using fire against infested and cold against Void.       or Blast if using a Status weapon(just my preference)

Against Grineer its almost always Radiation+Viral but I do have status builds utilizing Radiation and Toxin.

Against Corpus Its Magnetic+toxin all the time with magnetic+gas only being used on my ignis.