The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Any Warframe Or Weapon Become Op By Using The Correct Mods?

For weapons its all about the mods you throw on them and the base damage values or crit values or whatever other stat you're focused on. No ammount of modding is going to make certain weapons endgame if their base stats arent high enough. There's a reason most weapons are MR fodder.

Warframes usually work about the same no matter how you mod them. The mods just make the frame tougher to kill and the abilities better at what they do.

To a certain extent, and if you have skills. Then yes, but some people refuse to work with things.

^ This!!!

Yes, they can be. If you have the knowledge, and good skills with a certain weapon/warframe, it can become Op.

People say that there are a lot of weapons and frames that just arn't endgame, but they can be.

I for one, love using Zephyr and Limbo. 2 Warframes that people claim are not good in Endgame. Both of which because people can't be bothered to work for the power you can get.

Similarly with my Twin Gremlins, Twin Viper, Skana etc.

Modding is very, very important.  A Braton with good modding beats a Boltor Prime with bad modding.

That said, modding, a potato, and Forma are multipliers on the base weapon strength.  A Braton with good modding can never match a Boltor Prime with the same good modding, and the Braton will require a lot more work to get to acceptable levels.

Modding is very, very important.  A Braton with good modding beats a Boltor Prime with bad modding.

That said, modding, a potato, and Forma are multipliers on the base weapon strength.  A Braton with good modding can never match a Boltor Prime with the same good modding, and the Braton will require a lot more work to get to acceptable levels.

Somewhat false.

It defintely took far more work to get my Braton Prime where it needs to be, however, it outstrips my boltor prime in any mission.

I've taken a heavily modded Mk-1 Braton through T3 content without too much trouble. I'm sure someone has done T4 with it but it'll need a lot of ammo restores :p  While it can work, it takes a lot of effort and it certainly isn't OP.

Most weapons are fine through most of the game if you invest in them. For example, I like the Dera for some pew-pew, gave it a few formas and it handles most things but for sortie level stuff I'll bring something beefy. 

Edited by TenzUK

Is this true?

With mods, forma, AND either passive or active Warfame mods yes. Just about any weapon in the game can be made to be powerful.

What it really comes down to is if you have enough personal investment in the weapon OR if you want to put enough time into it. 

Then there's also the subject of utlity to consider as well. Warframe is one of the few games where utility actually scales better than damage does. For instance, I have no potato or forma on my Sonicor which is a wrist-mounted burst energy weapon that does minimal damage but ragdolls enemies around very humorously. That is my go-to weapon for Tier 3 Sorties in which enemies have enhanced armor and I need to keep them out of commission to achieve objectives. During an interception I basically just ran around keeping groups of enemies tripping over themselves or off of the zones so they could never capture. Warframe is awesome.

Depends on what you mean with op.

With enough forma and the right mods I would say 90% of the weapons would be viable up to about 40 min of T4 surv and would wipe the floor with anything below that mark (so in a sense for the majority of content one could say that almost any weapon is op if modded correctly).

For frames I would say outside of raids (or very long endless runs) pretty much all frames are viable but only about a third  are "op" thanks to their abilities.

My 6 Forma MK-1 Braton is enough for Starchart and T4 missions. Till lvl 40-50 it does its job, you can kill enemies, just not as fast as other weapons. You can also take it to Sortie 3 and kill some enemies there, will run out of bullets really fast though.