The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Any Warframe Or Weapon Become Op By Using The Correct Mods?

Most weapons can be usable with correct mods, but not OP.

But not melee weapons, since those can not aim for headshots and forces you to close quarters and hit enemies for damage equivalent to hitting them with a feather.

I disagree, there are several ways to get headshots, from some quick melees, to combos, sometimes even a jump attack, melees are always viable I the right hand because no matter what everything will eventual stop working well and it's just your ability to dodge hits and hit back

I'm deciding whether to get Excalibur, Braton, Skana, and Aklato just for the lulz. Oh and so I can troll Draco players.

I did that in the vote assassination(on mercury), all default looking stuff but fully nodded and formaed, they the 2guys both had mics(I assume were friends) they litterally flipped out like wtf, btw QT makes new players think your a hacker:P

Screenshots of both modding setups and stats?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/355024085879112908/2EF8C96260224C29A7CC58D57858AC7F96272A6A/

burst dps
sustained dps

and shred can come out to be replaced with anything for more dps, (but the punch through is invaluable in endless missions)

Where it really shines is T4, with a corrosive projection squad, using viral, pretty much guaranteed that after one bullet (split chamber) anything is at half health.

And honestly looking at it again im changing the build to take into account the mods ive gotten since i got this set up.

Edited by Mizar0011

I have forma'd the Hek out out my Kraken andits still not good.

clearly you didn't know what mods to use then, because a fully modded hek is capable of one shotting bombards long past 40 minutes of t4 survival.

hell, I've used it to one-shot lvl 100+ sortie enemies

So those stats and 681.1 per-shot damage (before crit)?

Well hate to break it to you, but my Boltor Prime is...

http://s11.postimg.org/4q1mx7w5f/image.png

burst dps
sustained dps
1797.4 per-shot damage (before crit)

So my Boltor Prime is 180% the burst DPS, 200% the sustained DPS, and 260% the per-shot damage of your Braton Prime.

With one less Forma, and one slot is Primed Fast Hands instead of a damage mod.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Braton Prime too, in fact I have 6 Forma in mine to turn it into this...

http://s17.postimg.org/4ep21gk67/bratonprime.png

burst dps
sustained dps

I'm deciding whether to get Excalibur, Braton, Skana, and Aklato just for the lulz. Oh and so I can troll Draco players.

The Braton and the Skana are fine but since the totally unwarranted Lato nerf a few updates back the base damage is so low it runs out of steam no matter how you mod it :(

Neverthelsee will this weapon:

outperform  this weapon:

http://s17.postimg.org/4ep21gk67/bratonprime.png

burst dps
sustained dps

due to higher status. Even though, I would go full status on it.

Every weapon in game works up to level 40-50 when modded properly, though some only just barely and with maybe a little luck.  Likewise, many weapons perform well without Serration and Split Chamber or JUST Serration up to 30-35.  If I had to guess, DE will continue to balance weaponry around the starchart, not trials or sorties, which are meant to be hard anyway.

Really, it's beyond the first rotation C reward in high end endless that more powerful weaponry starts to really become necessary.  And of course, trials and sorties are designed to require the better gear from the start.

Edited by Littleman88

Is this true?

5 to 6 formas per weapon and frame, stay with things which you like

you can check that with every weapon you level, i for myself go with every new unlevelled frame and weapon in a team or solo to earth, first of because as a human being (player) i like the "earthlike" environment and second its easy to focus if i like a weapon or a frame

my next step at levelling is the def-mission on earth, its easy to level and fun, when it feels good and i like frame and weapon i go to draco or on some infested md or def missions to level on, some infested mission have a good droprate and beside levelling i get some stuff for being able to level mods

nowadays i see lots of new players which are "infested" by this uberrushers on earth which try to get "fast" a kubrow egg

there should be a possibillity to stop them as well as sometimes neurotic stupid behaving has no boarders in some people, as well as they have my compassion

what i do when i meet "young rushers" is that i start playing slower with my higher MR and mostly the people come down, even faster when i mark some mods, kubrow eggs and ressources and when they get aware about that i dont rush and dont make them feel bad because of my expirience

the most players use warframe for having fun and im really glad about, i also find sometimes new members for the clan that way

lots of people start playing warframe and leave because of the strange behaving of "rushers" and the egoistic behaving and greed of higher MR-ranks

we which play warframe since a time can act different for giving new players a good support and we are able to show them how much joy it is to play warframe, even if people dont use boosters in the beginning

and lots of people are or would be interested and able to buy a prime accecoaries pack which carries the needed things for a good start in warframe and for making things easier, as well as it has to be shown and communciated with the new players in general .-)

just my 2 cents - again ;-)

and about skills, knowing about which setups are useful when means SKILLS, im just learning about since today and you can have skills or "master warframe" as good as you can which is useless if you dont care about the right mods and settings

which leads back to your question, yes, you can mod a lot of weapons OP and have fun with, you only have to find out how, and about how, asking and listen to the people which are really of help is the best way

Edited by Guest

There really isn't skill in this game.

Just CC spams and tanking.

Haha I bet you're one of the players that falls repeatedly when those 2 strategies lose their viability like in some of the new sorties.

You can easily tell who plays this game a lot and who farms draco for a living.

Edited by SleepingSentry

There are some weapons "naturally" op because of basic stats, there are some weapons that are rarely used by players and they can be OP if they serve a certain purpose, and there are some naturlly weaker weapons.

Take a Grinlok for example. Built for criticals and headshots (Without HC) I made it a pretty beast, one-shotting corrupted heavies and bombards until extremely high levels. Karak, however, as pleasant as it is to me (Just a regular auto gun and I like the shooting sound), I myself can't find viable at higher waves of T4D/S/I. Alot of people are using Tonkor, for example, as it's stats are obvious as to what it's built for and it's good at what it does - blowing people up.

My beloved MK1 Braton.  5 forma, and it can shred through level 25ish enemies.

No higher though.

Catalyst and forma can really help all weapons become much much more.  Some reach mid tier, most reach T3 and early T4.

Sortie level performance?

Not a promise.

Neverthelsee will this weapon:

outperform  this weapon:

due to higher status. Even though, I would go full status on it.

Pretty much this, as well as again, my DPS is doubled everytime i punchthrough enemies (pretty much guartanteed when you get the the point where you need a weapon with stats as high as any of these are) and actually last night (after adding in heavy caliber, which i didnt realize i didnt have on it) as well as a couple other mods, and the new setup (while still having shred on it so double it for the two enemies hit) and the fact that as a hit-scan weapon i dont miss because the enemy was too far and moved a different way than expected, so i dont lose bullets.

burst dps
sustained dps

clearly you didn't know what mods to use then, because a fully modded hek is capable of one shotting bombards long past 40 minutes of t4 survival.

hell, I've used it to one-shot lvl 100+ sortie enemies

He's talking about the kraken, not the hek =D

Very untrue. If you max two weapons and add mods, all you're doing is increasing their damage but at equal rates. 

Sure my 6 forma mk1 brat can keep up in t4 exterminates, but once you fully mod out a tonkor, there's really no contest at all. Why empty two full clips into a lvl 80 bombard when the tonkor can take them out with two grenades? 

Also, for anyone arguing about not "modding correctly" or "headshots multiplier blah blah blah", just remember that the other weapons can do it so they get the same benefit, this still overpowering the weak weapons.

-Snipity snip snip snip-

Thus* for one. Also! Some people don't like to cheat the game and be overpowered gods. They like to make a challenge, in one way or another. So using a Braton instead of my 'Uber-powered, forma'd 5000 times, potato'd twice, with 4 Narrow Minded's on it' Scanti Tigris gives that little bit of... Self gratification that we all need sometimes.As for it overpowering the 'weak' weapons, yeah. We broke them beyond repair. Whoops. But the others can still be just as good if put into the right hands.

^ This!!!

Yes, they can be. If you have the knowledge, and good skills with a certain weapon/warframe, it can become Op.

People say that there are a lot of weapons and frames that just arn't endgame, but they can be.

I for one, love using Zephyr and Limbo. 2 Warframes that people claim are not good in Endgame. Both of which because people can't be bothered to work for the power you can get.

Similarly with my Twin Gremlins, Twin Viper, Skana etc.

I use volt prime with the reaper prime and its OP.