The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Second Skill, It Should Be Belong Vauban

Niliam

I find that strange that Mirage has a trap skill as her second skill, since there Vauban is already a trap frame, and his second skill bounce is really lacking.

Mirage's second skill should really be moved to Vauban, and be replaced with a mimicking skill, something like turn the appearance of Mirage into targeted enemy, which matches her frame, Mirage.

But being serious, she's one of the 3 "trickster" classes. This ability while not the best use, fits her design idea.   Now you can claim Vauban should have this, but why give Vauban another frames ability when he can get his own unique ability that's not just stolen?
Has the community run out of creativity that the only resort left is to steal another frames ability because you think it'll work better on your favorite frame?

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed offensive remark.

But being serious, she's one of the 3 "trickster" classes. This ability while not the best use, fits her design idea.   Now you can claim Vauban should have this, but why give Vauban another frames ability when he can get his own unique ability that's not just stolen?

Has the community run out of creativity that the only resort left is to steal another frames ability because you think it'll work better on your favorite frame?

I would think that a new ability, such as mimicking the appearance of targeted enemy, suits much better with Mirage, then booby trap nearby objects.

And mimicking the appearance would be the first kind of its skill in game.

So, a skill for mobility/troll/small CC is lacking? Wow.

And as it has been stated above, Mirage is a "trickster" or whatever you want to call her, it also fits her whole design if you check her abilities, it is not just press 1 and 4.

So, a skill for mobility/troll/small CC is lacking? Wow.

And as it has been stated above, Mirage is a "trickster" or whatever you want to call her, it also fits her whole design if you check her abilities, it is not just press 1 and 4.

Bullet jump works better then Bounce,

Bastille works better then Bounce,

VOrtex works better then Bounce.

Excalibur had a Jump skill, it was removed.

Bounce isn't that much better, and Vauban should get a better skill then Bounce.

Bounce isn't that much better, and Vauban should get a better skill then Bounce.

Or instead of a new better skill a tweak to bounce. But of course you had to bring the rest of his abilities. No, just bye.

And with the jump pad, the enemy can jump too!

Bastille can not make the enemy jump off cliffs, nor can vortex.

When i set myself up on a defense mission, I throw some jump pads down so that the enemy can not flank me, works like a charm.

Ally downed? Jump pad him to safety! Requires practice, though.

When we do not want the enemy to enter the snowglobe, the jumppads are the last line of defense.

I really wish that jump pads functioned longer than just 4 bounces, though.

And I miss excaliburs jump ability.

Oh well, atleast we got bullet jump, which requires a few more presses and a bit of aiming up and some more time to do.

Atleast I can use vaubans jump pads to quickly propel me into the air so that I can groundslam my jat kittag.

And with the jump pad, the enemy can jump too!

Bastille can not make the enemy jump off cliffs, nor can vortex.

When i set myself up on a defense mission, I throw some jump pads down so that the enemy can not flank me, works like a charm.

Ally downed? Jump pad him to safety! Requires practice, though.

When we do not want the enemy to enter the snowglobe, the jumppads are the last line of defense.

I really wish that jump pads functioned longer than just 4 bounces, though.

And I miss excaliburs jump ability.

Oh well, atleast we got bullet jump, which requires a few more presses and a bit of aiming up and some more time to do.

Atleast I can use vaubans jump pads to quickly propel me into the air so that I can groundslam my jat kittag.

Assign Shift+Ctrl+Space to a mouse button, bullet jump becomes one key press.

I would through couple of Bastille or Vortex around then Bounce when reviving or covering the back.

Since Vauban is supposed to be an engineer, I reckon it would make sense for Vauban to have Bounce Pad replaced with a placeable Turret/killer Robot that shoots at enemies. that's one thing we don't technically have: a frame that drops Turrets. Mirage just needs a buff to that skill that maybe causes Blunts to deflate, Ramparts to shoot on their own (or maybe produce a decoy that can use Ramparts), convert Corpus Turrets etc.

I would think that a new ability, such as mimicking the appearance of targeted enemy, suits much better with Mirage, then booby trap nearby objects.

And mimicking the appearance would be the first kind of its skill in game.

So basically Invisibility?

It's not a new idea, it may be funny but it's the exact same function as invisibility.

Vauban is mostly "Gravity" designed,  Bounce pads, vortex, his anti-gravity field. Traps would not work well on him because that would place him at the bottom of frame pool in terms of usefulness or functionality. 

Take for example his electric orbs, They cant be buffed or easily become AFK op. Any type of trap would need to be mostly "trickster" to cover up the fact trap abilities are weak and deal no damage, if they did damage people would exploit them.

Vauban needs a complete makeover.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

Assign Shift+Ctrl+Space to a mouse button, bullet jump becomes one key press.

I would through couple of Bastille or Vortex around then Bounce when reviving or covering the back.

Reviving, yes. But covering your back, no. Jumppads do not have a timer and warns you when someone activates it.