The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Character Passives

Vicious_Vipa

having played many RPG's  it feels kind of strange that basically (= almost)  every character

has the same weapon- (and melee) expertise no matter if he wields a heavy Sniper or Despair knife or whatever.

What I found is this:

Ash: Base +5% crit chance across all weapons and damaging abilities (EXAMPLE: 10% crit chance normally. 15% crit chance while using Ash.) OR 0.5% Red Crit chance across all weapons and damaging abilities
Banshee: Innate 50% sound reduction on weapons OR less detectable to enemies through sight
Ember: Damage to health makes Ember release flames that damage nearby enemies
Excalibur: 30% faster shield recharge
Frost: Nearby enemies are slowed (Coolant leak effect)
Hydroid: Higher chance to find green credits when opening containers (Killing enemies too, perhaps)
Loki: Able to slide under enemies and initiate a stun or knockdown of sorts
Mag: 5% chance to deflect incoming enemy projectiles
Nekros: Killing enemies grants armour/damage reduction for ?????? (Could be timed or akin to Nova's first ability.)
Nova: 2.5% chance to prime an enemy with antimatter (Strength and range is equal to her mod loadout's power.)
Nyx:
Oberon: Passively has an unranked equillibrium effect
Rhino: Gains movement speed overtime from sprinting up to a cap. Running into an enemy at max speed will deal 55 impact damage and knock the enemy down. After successfully running into an enemy, the sprint speed is reset (Possibly unable to knock down the same enemy within a time frame)
Saryn: 
Trinity: Upon taking lethal damage, you gain immunity for 4.5 seconds with a large cooldown
Valkyr: Successful melee hits give Valkyr a stacking attack speed buff (up to a cap perhaps) OR when taking damage to health, Valkyr moves faster
Vauban: Passively (and very slowly) replenish ammo to HALF of its maximum when your weapon has no more ammo
Volt: After x amount of seconds, your next attack(s) gain bonus electrical damage for x amount of seconds after "activation"
Zephyr: Same as it is now (Less effected by gravity)

.... which actually is nothing in my opinion. For example Nova 2,5% chance for priming antimatter.  
on contact or what ?

It would be great if ALL characters had a story and their passives derived from that.
NOTICEABLE passives.
And the prime versions could have the same passives but better or stronger.

I am not complaining, I am rather suggesting to implement some changes in future updates
as I believe that this field still lacks something. 
AND NO !!  I am not talking about nerfs or buffs - just asking for more character specific aspects as they would give the game more immersion in my opinion.

What do you think ?
Edited by Vicious_Vipa

The first thing that I think is: that list is so obsolete it's unworthy reprinting. Half of the Warframes already have received passives ever since. Equinox has unranked Equilibrium, Excalibur has enhanced damage with swords/nikanas/doubleswords/rapiers, Zephyr has decreased gravity, Frost has a chance to freeze melee enemies, Rhino has intrinsic heavy impact, ecc ecc.

So on that side I'll say, OP: congrats for suggesting something that has been in the game for now almost two years. Yes, sure, not all Warframes have passives already, but it's coming.

I mean, seriously, that's a list that was probably compiled back when Zephyr was the only warframe with a passive. It's so obsolete it's a waste of bytes. And the fact that you haven't noticed the passives that are in the game... well... keep playing.

So on that side I'll say, OP: congrats for suggesting something that has been in the game for now almost two years. Yes, sure, not all Warframes have passives already, but it's coming.

well, thank you very much.

no need for your sarcasm - this thread is about passives and
if I did not find the correct ones,   I am really grateful to learn them now.

Fact is that you don't notice them when you play so I am glad about any information on that.

And if it turns out that we already have plenty of them I am even more happy
and maybe other players who possibly had not known about this, are glad too.

I just wish that Frames like Frost/Ember and such recieve a passive resistance against thier respective elements.

-Frost: should be immune to shield reduction from Cryogenic Leakage map Hazards while taking less damage from cold elemental damage.

-Ember: Should be immune to damage from Rubble that is on fire from the Battle Damage map hazards and take less damage from fire-based attacks.

-Volt: Should take less electricicty-based damaage

-Chroma: May take less damage from the element his energy colour is matched to

(I bet the frost one has been suggestied countless times before with players questioning why thier frost, being an ics-based frame is still affected from cold temperatures that reduce his shield. :D)

Etc.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

More interesting passives would be great, as well as the team not being afraid to buff obvious things, as already said, like Frost/Ember/Volt and their respective elements and conditions. (Oh my, Volt getting hit from a lightning bolt on Ceres! Boom, lightning arcs everywhere!)

There is a large variety of things they could do to spice up the frames a bit. They may eventually do it too, which is the best part.

If you want to check out the Passives you can always go to The Warframe Wiki and do some research on the frames there. To get a feel of what is already in place.

You are welcome.

I'm always happy to help people who don't spend more than half a minute searching the wiki.

You are welcome.

I'm always happy to help people who don't spend more than half a minute searching the wiki.

as you can see, I googled for them
and I am very sorry that I did not take the Wiki instead. It will never happen again.

but it is a good thing that every forum seems to have people like you who work as Forum police on a volunteer basis,
directly starting with sarcasm instead of being polite to those who just wanted to contribute something
and apparently made a mistake.

Fact is that you don't notice them when you play so I am glad about any information on that.

And if it turns out that we already have plenty of them I am even more happy
and maybe other players who possibly had not known about this, are glad too.

Yeah, I totally don't notice Excalibur's 10% attack speed and damage buff to swords, nikanas, rapiers, and dual swords.

Let's see what I can pull from memory...

Equinox: Equilibrium passive

Rhino: Heavy Impact passive

Atlas: 100% Knockdown resistance while on the ground

Frost: Chance to freeze enemy when melee'd

Zephyr: Reduced Gravity

Mesa: Has something to do with a buff when you don't bring a melee on a mission

That's all I can remember off the top of my head at 0315.

Atlas – Immovable

As long as Atlas is not airborne, he is immune to knockdown effects.

Chroma – Elemental Alignment

Chroma can change the elemental attribute of his abilities into any desired basic elements. This can be done by changing the color of his energy via the Color Picker Extension:

Red, magenta, brown, orange and bright yellow hues being Heat.

Blue and purple hues being Electricity.

Green, lime, teal and dark yellow hues being Toxin.

Achromatic colors and some faded colors being Cold.

Equinox – Equilibrium

Equinox can convert 10% of health orbs into energy, or 10% of energy orbs into health. This effect stacks with the mod Equilibrium.

Excalibur – Swordsmanship

Excalibur has improved mastery in the Tenno art of the blade, receiving +10% attack speed and+10% damage when dealing melee attacks (including via Exalted Blade) while wielding the following weapons:

Longswords, such as the Skana.

Dual swords, such as the Dual Skana.

Nikanas, such as the Dragon Nikana.

Rapiers, such as the Destreza.

Frost - Cryogenic

Any melee assailants that strike Frost have a chance to be frozen on impact. In PvP, players will instead be inflicted with a Cold proc.

Ivara – Sentry

​Ivara has an innate enemy radar that detects enemies within a range of 20 meters, highlighting them on the minimap for her and her team. This stacks with the Enemy Radar, Enemy Sense, and Animal Instinct mods.

Mesa – Dexterous Marksman

+10% fire rate with dual wielded sidearms.

+20% reload speed for one handed sidearms.

+50 health when a melee weapon is not equipped (value unaffected by base or total health).

Mirage – Jester's Proficiency

Mirage has an increased proficiency with performing several Maneuvers. The following are the known passives available for Mirage:

+25% faster Wallrun speed

+50% faster Maneuver speed

Nezha – Frictionless

Nezha has greatly increased slide speed and distance, allowing him to slide up to 34 meters with no sprinting start.

Rhino – Heavy Landing

Should Rhino fall fast enough, he will discharge a shockwave upon hitting the ground, dealing damage in a 6 meter area of effect and knocking down nearby enemies. This stacks with Heavy Impact.

Saryn – Potency

Saryn possesses a +25% increased status duration, allowing for longer lasting Status Effects.

Valkyr – Nimble

Valkyr has +50% knockdown recovery speed.

Valkyr is not affected from heavy landings.

Wukong – Tenacity

Wukong's melee combo multiplier lasts 2 seconds longer than other Warframes before resetting, bringing the counter duration to a total of 5 seconds.

Zephyr – Lightweight

Being mostly composed of Oxium, Zephyr is a significantly lighter warframe and falls slower than other warframes.

Zephyr has also shown improved aerodynamics, being able to move faster and more flexibly in midair.

These are all the current Warframe passives

Edited by KJRenz

Let's see what I can pull from memory...

Equinox: Equilibrium passive

Rhino: Heavy Impact passive

Atlas: 100% Knockdown resistance while on the ground

Frost: Chance to freeze enemy when melee'd

Zephyr: Reduced Gravity

Mesa: Has something to do with a buff when you don't bring a melee on a mission

That's all I can remember off the top of my head at 0315.

Mesa has a 50 base hp boos without melee, and sidearm increase(1 pistol is reload speed, 2is fire rate, I believe)

Sayrn has one I believe I just forgot though