Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Rubico And Sniper Hud Rework

DE_Adam

While the difference in HUD is great as far as artistic design it isn't great for game play. Some huds are much easier to aim with than others depending on the overlay and the reticle. The vulkar and lanka are harder IMO compared to the others. Also regardless of preference it makes switching back and forth between weapons very hard to adjust to.

The weapon sway is also just a bad idea. Why are you making it harder to aim on a sniper rifle of all things? Tenno are biomechanical killing machines with superhuman strength and agility but they can't hold their gun steady? It's easier to aim from long distances with a standard zoom because my cursor isn't moving all over the place and the standard dot reticle makes it easy. Sniper rifles should be accurate at least. They already suffer from having long reloads and limited ability to clear large groups of enemies and they still lack any benefits over other weapons. A grinlok, opticor or marelok still function better than most of the snipers in terms of actually hitting things when you want. The vectis is my favorite weapon but sadly it's a novelty when you have people with a tonkor spamming and killing 10 enemies at once before I can even line up a shot. 

Scope Sway=My hate

Combo Counter=Why?

Scopes & More Info=YAY

Scope Buffs= 0.5% crit chance? WOT?(Compare, 15+% dmg boost)

Rubico= Tenno Vulkar(So bored)

Verdict=Lex P Best Sniper

Longer Statement

Scope Sway, why? just why? people have lambasted this thing before me so I am just going to wonder, do we need a "lie down" animation? EDIT: Also, turns it from less of player choice and more of player reactions, which screws over the Combo Counter even HARDER than it does on its own b/c it takes so @(*()$ long to line up a shot.

Scopes & More Info, actually a nice idea, let's you know how far things are in a much less "This thing is so much smaller" way

Combo Counter, ok srsly, if you think snipers need more dmg WHY are you doing in a way that is utterly useless against half the targets where you NEED more dmg?(all the bosses without minions, and several of them that do have minions but also have complicated mechanics) EDIT: Also all the times where a Sniper just can't oneshot even basic fodder anymore cus everything is lvl 50.

Scope Buffs, Let's compare and contrast, Vectis gets a 50% dmg buff at max scope, Lanka gets 0.5% bonus Crit Chance? that does nothing, 50% dmg is worth a mod slot, 0.5% crit wouldn't be worth it in an Exilus slot for 0 cost.

Rubico, it is LITERALLY a reskin of the Vulkar with a different Scope Buff, that is it. Why does it even exist? If it was Puncture that would be one thing, we don't HAVE a Puncture Sniper, heck, we don't have a SLASH Sniper, but no, instead we get a THIRD Impact Sniper... really?

Lex P Best Sniper, so, I just Forma'd my Lex P/Frost P/Helios and was ranking them back up, starting in Gaia cus easy Affinity from towers and safe and I can solo it. I got the bigger map, the one with all the ziplines, and I am standing at A and hitting stuff at C, LITERALLY OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE MAP. on top of that it has a nice clip size, straight up ridiculous dmg for a pistol (120 base puncture? REALLY?), coupled with base 25% on status and crit and yeah, best sniper.

Edited by Ethorin

Can you guys please add in indicator marks towards the crosshair or circle it with a larger circle that reddens on target for the rubico?

It's puny crosshair gets lost so easily in tilesets like the void and corpus ones or whenever enemies use some bright power that it's not even funny.

How did we not get these, 

PZz3skI.jpg

How

Someone at DE was sane enough not to put these into the game, reduced peripheral vision is as bad as it is with excessive zoom alone, adding looking-through-keyhole effect wouldn't help much.

Scope Buffs= 0.5% crit chance? WOT?(Compare, 15+% dmg boost)

Scope Buffs, Let's compare and contrast, Vectis gets a 50% dmg buff at max scope, Lanka gets 0.5% bonus Crit Chance? that does nothing, 50% dmg is worth a mod slot, 0.5% crit wouldn't be worth it in an Exilus slot for 0 cost.

That's +50% Crit chance, it actually can make Lanka redcrit (about as often as Paris Prime).

hips accuracy need to be restored...and sniper should be able to go through nullifies bubble to make them viable.

edit: Instead of combo, why not making the scope highlight some weakspot similar to banshee sonar? It would make them more special, promote careful aim.

Edited by Ninjamander

"let us know what you think of the changes!"

How about you actually read what we think about the changes here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/568448-sniper-rifle-rework-u18-megathread/ and finally fix sniper rifles problems? It's been almost 3 MONTHS since that official thread was made. 

Edited by StickyBaseline

"let us know what you think of the changes!"

How about you actually read what we think about the changes here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/568448-sniper-rifle-rework-u18-megathread/ and finally fix sniper rifles problems? It's been almost 3 MONTHS since that official thread was made. 

This and remarkably enough, so much more. 

This thread shouldn't have added the line to let you guys know.

To DE:

congrants in totally missing the point

- new huds: cute and essentially useless giveaway as most are badly readable and all don't actually DO anything;

- zoom: do we ever need it in this tiny tiles ???

- zoom bonus: seriously just slap the full bonus on the weapon when scoped and stop there, interesting idea stupid execution;

- combo system: wtff? we are using a sniper rifle not a melee weapon this is a mostly fps game what's the use???

- accuracy loss: this was trolling as no weapon has a sway this bad in the game also real snipers use a bipod to stabilize the weapon and warframes can use things like the hek without suffering any recoil, bad idea, period;

- buffs: none of what was asked for.

I might sound harsh but you guys asked for feedback, and fter all the time and promises this "update" to snipers rifles didn't solve any of the long running problems the category got while adding new ones.

So far I would only ask for a full rollback and putting the developers to work from scratch again.

Currently snipers haven't got any gimmnic that helps them being viable in current gameplay:

- can't kill priority targets (nullifiers, arctic eximus and arctic eximus nullifyers damn you DE for them!);

- useless against most bosses due to excessive love for invincibility spam in your developer team;

- not enough fire rate and ammunition to deal with any number of enemies;

- instant discovery and bullrush by any enemy in the vicinity regardless of engagement distance, but that's a problem inherent in the artificial stupidity scripted in all your mobs;

- new mechanics kill all precision while firing unscoped (again damn you DE);

What could have been done:

- old zooms with possibility to zoom 50% more, in current tylesets is more than enough and there is a mod called eagle eye if more zoom is needed;

- massive piercing damage and mainly perforation, we are speaking of anti-tank rifles, not plinking toys (plinking: recreational sharpshooting with low caliber guns), let us see the target brutally ragdolled out of the way when we score a good hit, currently snipers don't show any power when hitting.

- advanced hud functions when scoped, in a style similar to the codex scanner, banshee's sonar and similar, give us much needed utility in finding the targets at sniping distances (ever tried to notice a grineer marine standing still at long distance on earth??) and/or marking their weakspots, in particular headshots and limbs, after all we can literally mutilate our foes in melee but we can't disarm them of their weapons with a precise shot to the hands or shoot their legs, to stop them from running and warning all their allies;

- at least give sniper rifles a base critical chance upgradable in the 150% tier and above with current mods ad critical damage above the 4x, sniping is based on downing a target with a shot, red criticals should be a standard;

- damage tipe: we have are missing a sniper rifle with massive puncture damage;

- reload time: make it on par with assault rifles or burst rifles, currently is ridiculous, considering the tiny magazines you allowed, also ability to reload while scoped for all snipers;

- vectis prime: remove the second bullet in its magazine or add a third one.

Edited by Ikusias

The trouble with sniper weapons is coming up with an acceptable penalty to offset one-hit-kill capability at medium-long ranges.  Players really need to accept that there is a downside to this, and that the weapon should not really be usable at short ranges, or while unscoped.

The penalty I favor for this kind of weapon is one that makes quick-scoping much harder, as well as use in close combat, but leaves the weapon's performance at range almost unaffected.

It works by unlocking the weapon's hit location from the center of the screen, and adding a second crosshair where the weapon will always hit, that 'lags' behind any movement the player makes over a certain speed.

This permits aiming down the scope at a group of distant targets, with next to no penalties (including no weapon bob, as you'd expect from a gun built to be a very stable firing platform, with high inertia).  The small motions of the weapon required to swap between the targets at medium-long range wouldn't cause the hit-location-reticle to move off the reticle fixed at the center of the screen.

However, when turning quickly, aiming is no longer done with the screen center reticle, but with the one that moves in response to your own movement.  A skilled player would be able to drag their weapon across a target, and hit the fire button as the reticle floats past, but the effect on that reticle would be cumulative as they swapped directions to pick other targets.  Also if moved above a threshold, the reticle would move right off the edge of the screen, making aiming impossible.

This lag is essentially mimicking the inertia of trying to turn quickly with a bulky and heavy weapon.

Perhaps compensation for having a weapon that is near useless in close combat would be to allow for faster switching to a secondary, as if the sniper rifle was on a sling and could be dropped in order to unholster the secondary.

I'm not entirely sure killing through nullifier bubbles is appropriate, as it would trivialise their effect.  Perhaps being able to take down the bubble in a single shot, if that shot would have been a headshot, would be better, making nullifiers a 2 hit kill, promoting good shooting, and ammo conservation in favor of priority targets, considering the small magazines on the sniper weapons.

Honestly there aren't enough incentive for precision aiming in WF yet, so sniper haven't got its place. You are zooming in from already close range (30-40m?) and even if you hit a headshot and one hit kill a single enemy, it doesn't matter much when you are fighting hundreds. Now I wish there are longer distance map, where we actually have sniping spot that players can get to and snipers has abilities to deal some real damage to groups of enemies (natural punch through like bow is a good start, but how about explosion/elemental arcing effect after enough combo counter, for example?). 

Combo system is a nice touch but wouldn't it be better to have it only go up by 1 (or 2 with mutishot, whatev) on headshots, and going down by 1 (or 2, same) when hitting another part of the body, and lost when completely missing a shot ?

With this system though it would probably be best that every 2 combo counter (meaning every shot with multishot) the damage multiplier goes up by 0.25 or 0.5

Of course this would also mean no duration that limits the combo counter, or a much more permissive one, 30secs or something. I feel like the current duration is opposed to sniper gameplay, where you purposely do not kill enemies to be ready to take down important targets when they appear. (That's why i feel reload time on snipers ain't an issue, you're not supposed to empty your clip in a second)

Also as it's been said many times, innate punch through, even a small one, or one that only punch through on headshots, is needed, as well as a way to be more efficient against nullifiers.

I am really sorry, I love playing Warframe.  I care about the game and really like using different weapons in different situations.

I do use sniper rifles.  I just don't like the scope reticles.  The frilly curlicues and artistic designs on the reticle really need to be removed IMHO.   While one can get used to them, it doesn't feel as if that would be a true space ninja design that the tenno would have come up with.  Can we get some real crosshairs or an aiming assist that is better than a dot?

What would be nice would be to have infrared or night vision options. Some maps have limited visibility and that might make snipers more viable.   Wouldn't that be cool?  Not that this needs to be like black ops or some real life shooter, but it's an idea.  

And the fact that the hip-fire accuracy is kept until the 'scope in' animation is finished. :/

It makes for so many missed shots.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty ticked off with it.

SdtDBd1.jpg

Just look at it, what sense does it make for the bullets to be so far off from the centre? It's not like the barrel is wonky and mysteriously straightens up when the scoping animation has finished.

Could this please be changed DE?