Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.4.0

[DE]Drew

YES

*edit* No Trin ability tweaks? :( pls. I love the skin, but not being able to air cast is the death of her.

you can cast blessing tho in mid air. And I think 1st, 2nd , and 3rd skill can not be casted while mid air because of the need to aim enemy. And for the concept, those skill need concentration to cast to the enemy.

Excavation Changes / Fixes

The following changes have been made to Excavation Missions to help improve fluidity between each excavation:

• Dig Site drop points have been optimized to enable players to constantly run into Dig Sites, instead of hunting for a new Site between each completed dig.
  •  
  • Areas with multiple Dig Sites will be more difficult to defend, should players decide to activate more than one Site at a time.
  •  
  • Dig Sites must be activated in order of being discovered.
  •  
  • Dig Sites will no longer immediately reappear in a location that was just recently excavated.
  •  
  • Power Cell carrying enemies should be more readily available before the first Dig Site is active.
  •  
  • Reduced the power gained from a Power Cell from 50 to 20.
  •  
  • Reduced initial power in deployed excavator from 50 to 20
  •  
  • Power Cells dropped far away from combat will now despawn, enabling new Power Cells to spawn closer to the player / Excavator.
  •  
  • Fixed an error causing power to drain from an Excavator while active.

•  

• Various improvement have been made to enemy spawning in Exterminate Missions, focusing on keeping a steady flow of enemies from the start of the Mission till reaching Extraction.
  •  
  • Sortie Transmissions will stop playing after the player has left the Star Chart menu.
  •  
  • Players will no longer receive Weapon Blueprints as a login reward for weapons that they have already mastered and sold.
  •  
  • Enabled Scavenger Drones, Sapping Ospreys, Leech Ospreys, Mine Ospreys, and Mutalist Osprey Carriers in the Simulacrum.
  •  
  • You can now jump through this: http://gfycat.com/CompetentDangerousHorseshoebat
  •  
  • The Mastery requirement has been removed from the Arsenal Console in Relays.
  •  

With all these fixes to excavation why wasn't the scaling of cryotic rewards changed based on the tier of the excavation mission. Currently all missions give only 100 cryotic per excavator regardless of which tier of planets the mission is on.

So there is still no reason to do higher tier ones to gather cryotic.

Fusion core farms Triton and Hieracon are now dead, 1 digger per tile set.

Before update: 3 diggers per tile set 2000 cyro in 15mins with team of 4 (10-15 cores RNG willing)

After update: 500 in 20 mins with team of 4 (0-5 cores)

Given excavators only give 100 cryotic per excavator, you would have to do 20 of them to get 2000 cryotic.

Edited by Loswaith

YES

*edit* No Trin ability tweaks? :( pls. I love the skin, but not being able to air cast is the death of her.

If I had it my way, there wouldn't be a single ability that couldn't be cast in the air, and not a single ability that made you stop moving. For a game about movement and agility, there's way too many abilities that hinder movement and agility.

Sigh... cosmetics and Void's window fix are cool and all, i like it, but... hey, i don't want to look ungrateful or rude, i'm happy to any fixes, but i think that majority of players were expecting at least Focus' XP sharing changes (not even an overhaul, just XP sharing), Sortie's Token system or event (the last one was in May '15...). Especially when you notified us about U18.4.0 delay, hyping some of us.

The Focus in its current state kills the whole point of WF as a coop game and this problem should be a #1 priority. However, right now it's... bad, as bad as it's possible, you want to farm Focus? Okay, either you're forgetting about PTFO / helping teammates and becoming a hallway hero (in other, soft words, playing in a selfish way) or you're playing Solo. And that's only about Affinity sharing. IMO, the Focus itself should be called Corrupted for now... i know you're reworking Focus system in general, but still. I don't see the reason where and how a well-functioning Excavation mode takes priority over broken/alpha version of Focus, heck, any part of Focus system...

...and instead of fixing the most broken (and anticipated; https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/674064658073001985 ) part of the game we're getting unwanted changes to a pretty popular game mode which was already fine (besides random issues with Excavator spawning). Speaking of Excavation, all those changes, but yet no Excavator's Shields/HP scalling with enemy level so far? Okay :|

But the fact that Excavation was re-visited, and the Focus wasn't. Welp.

Choosing between reveals that we won't see the new Prime Access this week or that there's no ETA on Focus changes and there's nothing related to Focus in this update, i'd surey pick the latter.

This is just my opinion and my thoughts. I guess i'm disappointed a bit, although i wasn't hyped in, but i was thinking and hoping 2016 year will start much better in terms of quality & #1 problems fixes, compared to the end of '15 year (post U18).

And it's almost 6am... damn, i could sleep instead of typing all this useless text wall with obvious things :'(

The biggest disappointment in update... sigh.

Still, thank you for fixing other things.

Edited by Thundervision

•  
  • Players will no longer receive Weapon Blueprints as a login reward for weapons that they have already mastered and sold.
  •  

This will help a bit with the RNG, but I have one suggestion. I know the new daily log in isn't supposed to be 'extremely' rewarding, but at the very least, can we improve some of the lower spectrum 'prizes'. I'm not saying give us plat or make it rain formas/potatoes,  but it feels like a slap in the face when you get 2 Detonite Ampule/Fieldron Sample as your log in. 

As often as they're 'given away' with invasions, it probably wouldn't hurt to make it so that actual Detonite Injectors and Fieldron. As it is, if you get a Ampule/sample, that's as close to nothing as it gets(I can get 100+ of those in no time at all, they're literally the most common material drops grindable on more than a third of the planets and are obtained so effortlessly).

Edit: and if the exterminate fix actually works, then...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Now to go test if it's working.

Edited by Orinon

Well if by fixing excavations you mean A spawns and then B is on the other side of the map and then C is in the middle of the entire map and then D is back where b was and then E is where A was wasting a colossal amount of time running all over the place.... you fixed it good. Wont be doing any excavs now. And the batteries despawning... not working. Mobs are despawning and very few of them. So... yeah. Not a fix. Very bad and very huge waste of time now.

Well if by fixing excavations you mean A spawns and then B is on the other side of the map and then C is in the middle of the entire map and then D is back where b was and then E is where A was wasting a colossal amount of time running all over the place.... you fixed it good. Wont be doing any excavs now. And the batteries despawning... not working. Mobs are despawning and very few of them. So... yeah. Not a fix. Very bad and very huge waste of time now.

It went from a straight line to a zigzag that Foster Brooks would envy.

They finally changed the Orthos Prime strength in conclave, was too overpowered, you cannot win against someone with one in a melee duel.

Edit: Yes, just went into a conclave match with Orthos Prime and it is noticeably weaker than before, and does not insta-kill you if I jump into the air and ground slam on someones head. Thank you DE, i'm starting to see a balance within conclave where one or two weapons will not overpower all others. :)

Edited by GeeJayArgh