Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Alt Helmet] Chroma - Kaiju (In the Game!)

Syncrasis

Gosh, I'm happy chroma is starting to get a bit more of attention and I'm happy we've got talented people like you doing stuff like this, I really love how the helmet looks in profile, it reminds me of lunastra from monster hunter [http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/a/a4/2ndGen-Lunastra_Render_001.png/revision/latest?cb=20150303040807] but from the front it just...urg...I dunno...but hey it's just my opinion! You keep up with it, who knows I might actually like it better when I see the finished product!

Edited by CapitanRazors

chromaWIP19_zpsvaeipbv0.jpg

chromaWIP20_zpsrw4aqxye.jpg

Quick color test and an updated front view. Put some more time into detailing today. Also lengthened the mandibles and changed the way they connect to the carapace. Looking to get this done in the next few days. I'm having a lot of fun working with more beastly shapes :)

Gosh, I'm happy chroma is starting to get a bit more of attention and I'm happy we've got talented people like you doing stuff like this, I really love how the helmet looks in profile, it reminds me of lunastra from monster hunter [http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/a/a4/2ndGen-Lunastra_Render_001.png/revision/latest?cb=20150303040807] but from the front it just...urg...I dunno...but hey it's just my opinion! You keep up with it, who knows I might actually like it better when I see the finished product!

I hope this updated front view looks a bit better to you!

chromaWIP19_zpsvaeipbv0.jpg

chromaWIP20_zpsrw4aqxye.jpg

Quick color test and an updated front view. Put some more time into detailing today. Also lengthened the mandibles and changed the way they connect to the carapace. Looking to get this done in the next few days. I'm having a lot of fun working with more beastly shapes :)

I hope this updated front view looks a bit better to you!

MY @(*()$ GOD TAKE MY MONEY! I WILL MARRY THAT HELMET! Hyperbole aside, I take back what I said, this is awesome, the texture is sweet and the overall shape seems to really fit him! The horns kind of look like a crown form the front, which is epic. The change is really subtle from what I could tell but it works really well, maybe I'm just being weird, and at this point I'm pretty much going around in circles, but I love it!

Also, thanks a lot for taking your time and considering our opinions!

It looks much better than it did. Nice work. Mind adding a colortest from the from view?

I'll do you one better: Here it is with actual tintmasks in TennoGen Viewer

tumblr_o25xl9XxgP1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o25xl9XxgP1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

Still working on the diffuse and roughness maps but I will probably have it uploaded by tomorrow.

Thanks for all your crits and support, guys! It means a lot to me!

Some Effigy images from Marmoset:

tumblr_o25xl9XxgP1qdt0m6o3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o25xl9XxgP1qdt0m6o4_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by Syncrasis

If it's not too late, here are a few suggestions:

I would seriously consider removing the whole loop on the top/back of the head. It sort of works in profile, but not really from any other perspective. If you want to keep some element of the loop present, I suggest attaching it between the two front lobes of the face.

There's also an area just below the loop on the main diagonal-perspective image you posted, that seems noticeable too sharp/simple/undetailed, and looks off as a result. Of you cant find it I'll circle it on the photo. I suggest either sculpting it to look more organic and detail or adding a more complicated decal to it.

If it's not too late, here are a few suggestions:

I would seriously consider removing the whole loop on the top/back of the head. It sort of works in profile, but not really from any other perspective. If you want to keep some element of the loop present, I suggest attaching it between the two front lobes of the face.

There's also an area just below the loop on the main diagonal-perspective image you posted, that seems noticeable too sharp/simple/undetailed, and looks off as a result. Of you cant find it I'll circle it on the photo. I suggest either sculpting it to look more organic and detail or adding a more complicated decal to it.

Deadline is 11 feb, If i were him, i won't risk anymore change and will focus on quality check and presentation. But to be honest change like that will only goes to personal preference and it can go either way for other people. If the basic concept as a whole is very solid and the quality is good, I'd just go with the designer's own preference.

Deadline is 11 feb, If i were him, i won't risk anymore change and will focus on quality check and presentation. But to be honest change like that will only goes to personal preference and it can go either way for other people. If the basic concept as a whole is very solid and the quality is good, I'd just go with the designer's own preference.

To be honest I would like to see the bar gone too, but it has been suggested before (several times, mind you) and the author just wanted to get through with it.

It is quite a quirk but I am hoping that the overall (great) design will make it not an issue, hopefully so yeah with times so close I guess the author should just focus on polishing, wouldn't want the whole LQ issue with the helmets again now would we? (Though of course that's more of an issue on DE's end).