The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Was The Redeemer Combo Charge Shot Combo Destroyed?

Guardian_Legion

Flowing one charge shot into another didn't make it any more powerful. It just added fluidity and toned down some of the akwardness of the charge shots. Not to mention that the animation looks a lot better than just skipping a frame to where the redeemer is put away.

I would very much like to see it brought back. Who is with me?

edit: so on further testing i have found that high noon's last two combos final showdown and desperado zeal were broken by this hotfix. They can no longer be completed. final showdown lost the leaping lunge and last two shots of the combo and desperado zeal lost the last shot in the combo.

This aggravates me because high noon is one of my favorite stances.

Edited by Legionofone

Gonna have to play around with the redeemer in Simulacrum to see this... Coming back with an edit with my opinion on it in a bit.

Edit: Not sure why it was changed to this... The speed of multiple charges hasn't changed all that much.. except now they can't be chained and look and feel awkward as F*** if you try.

Edited by AXCrusnik

i loved the idea of fluidity for it, however it was changed as certain builds easily did more damage then a sancti tigris, not to mention there is infinite ammo and how it was it was faster then the tigris when you add reloading.

I don't see why they didn't just slow down chained shots then. I really hope this is a bug because if not.. they broke something to fix something else... and the change hardly did anything except make it less enjoyable to use.

what do you expect? Dev never want people to have fun from the beginning, they just nerf anything that is categorized as "fun". I came back to this game recently because of the "pre-nerf redeemer" and the rapier but after less than a week this happened. This kind of attitude makes me sick..and I meant it. Gonna take off from warframe once again.

I was stunned when I found out it wasn't a bug that we had to swing the Redeemer before firing it. It started to make a little sense that it was intended for putting charge attacks in as parts of combos... but then the Redeemer is made unable to chain charge attacks, but every other melee weapon retains the ability to do so. I no longer have a clue...

what do you expect? Dev never want people to have fun from the beginning, they just nerf anything that is categorized as "fun". I came back to this game recently because of the "pre-nerf redeemer" and the rapier but after less than a week this happened. This kind of attitude makes me sick..and I meant it. Gonna take off from warframe once again.

Broken =/= fun. Granted there are very fun, very strong combos that get nerfed, but usually it's because they outshine the competition by a massive margin, a la old Synoid Gammacor and current Tonkor. An infinite ammo, high-range, silent weapon that deals high damage that goes up with multipliers and stealth is a bit too much; as someone above me said, a weapon like that hitting as hard as a Sancti Tigris at longer range isn't good for balance.

Saying fun stuff gets nerfed is like trying to justify Mirage with Tonkor/Synoid Simulor. Sure it's a bit fun, but nobody else gets to do anything because you just wiped a map with zero effort (aim in the general direction, click four times, win).

It was propably bugged in the fix for the auto-fire bug that happened with quick-melee and weaponswitching.

EDIT:

Just tested, and jup that's what it is. They lazily added a forced stow-away after shots, breaking Charge attack chaining, the pause and right-click combos and not fixing the rapid-fire at all. Posted this in Bugs :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/598119-post-184-redeemer-is-now-a-bugfest/

The good news is that it still destroys all enemies when modded correctly (and after lvl x stealthed).

Edited by ShikiRen

Broken =/= fun. Granted there are very fun, very strong combos that get nerfed, but usually it's because they outshine the competition by a massive margin, a la old Synoid Gammacor and current Tonkor. An infinite ammo, high-range, silent weapon that deals high damage that goes up with multipliers and stealth is a bit too much; as someone above me said, a weapon like that hitting as hard as a Sancti Tigris at longer range isn't good for balance.

Saying fun stuff gets nerfed is like trying to justify Mirage with Tonkor/Synoid Simulor. Sure it's a bit fun, but nobody else gets to do anything because you just wiped a map with zero effort (aim in the general direction, click four times, win).

Then they should have tested the dang thing before actual release then? because giving a potato and 2 forma then got nerfed less than a week is quite annoying, and this is not the first time they did this kinda thing, Remember the sniper gun for sentinel? yeah... dev wasted a lot of forma, potato and hours of farming and waiting  for a lot of people.

You think that's what they were trying to fix?

I certainly hope so.

From the patchnotes:

• Fixed an issue with the Redeemer being 'fully automatic'.

So... yeah. Only that the problem wasn't being able to execute chargeattacks in a chain but rather the weapon switch buffering during a chrageattack. So what they would need to actually fix it is to disable the weaponswitch buttons during a quick-melee-chargeattack.