Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tom Clancy's The Division

Cemges

There is a significant lack of threads about this game. Considering this has similarities to warframe, and appeals to a similar crowd, I'd expect more of it. It has cover based shooting, a nice post apocalyptic world, lots of loots, bullet sponge enemies, damage numbers, you move through corridors, farm parts, bp and build stuff. I am personally really hyped up for it. I have not been playing warframe for some time now, I got bored after probably a thousand hours or so. I am really looking forward to this as my main game. Whatcha guys think? 

Seems like a cover-based zombie game where at end game you and up shooting each other more than any NPCs.

According to Angry Joe, the game doesn't feel fully fleshed out yet.

Are people taking that guys for serious? 

- Where do I mod my weapons? * Giant x button to modify weapon on screen

Probably because it's gonna be S#&$

Eh, where did you get that opininon, though

Dunno mix feelings about the game, on one hand Ubisoft track record, on the other tom Cancy games which I happen to really like. Especially after seeing the game, I wish they made the enemies look maybe more armored to explain the bullet sponge reason, but some of them just happen to wear basic clothing. Just me of course.  

Are people taking that guys for serious?

- Where do I mod my weapons? * Giant x button to modify weapon on screen

When you watch the gameplay demos from multiple channels, you come to your own conclusions. When someone more well known makes a statement that coincides with your conclusions, you tend to cite them as a reference.

PvP as endgame, and PvE as a route to get to PvP? Further, in order to get that best equipment for PvE, you have to potentially PvP? Come on, that has aggravation written all over it.

Imagine if Warframe made you finish all the map nodes and get to a certain MR in order to even taste PvP. Further, imagine if Warframe's PvP was the only route to getting the game's best endgame weapons.

At the same time, the end game rewards people for backstabbing and sabotaging other players in order to steal their loot. Imagine finding what you wanted in the PvP zone, trying to extract it, a group comes in and wipes your team and steals your loot...and then tries to sell it to you in a trading system or something (that being if they have a trading system).

When you watch the gameplay demos from multiple channels, you come to your own conclusions. When someone more well known makes a statement that coincides with your conclusions, you tend to cite them as a reference.

PvP as endgame, and PvE as a route to get to PvP? Further, in order to get that best equipment for PvE, you have to potentially PvP? Come on, that has aggravation written all over it.

Imagine if Warframe made you finish all the map nodes and get to a certain MR in order to even taste PvP. Further, imagine if Warframe's PvP was the only route to getting the game's best endgame weapons.

At the same time, the end game rewards people for backstabbing and sabotaging other players in order to steal their loot. Imagine finding what you wanted in the PvP zone, trying to extract it, a group comes in and wipes your team and steals your loot...and then tries to sell it to you in a trading system or something (that being if they have a trading system).

Pvp is still there for all of the game. The game is really not about pvp in darkzone though, it is an area with mobs, where you can come across people and they might be jerks. This is really not that different from mmorpgs. 

• 1 month later...

talking about the division on a Warframe forum is like talking about how much fun  it would be to jump into a pile of S#&$ at the bottom of the building while sipping wine from a luxury apartment balcony. it wont be fun. just don't do it, just keep sipping your fine wine

Boring PvE and annoying limitations made me stop playing it. It has good gunplay, interesting take on the aftermath of a viral epidemic but overall it's mediocre. The Dark Zones annoy me intensely. I've said it many times that I dislike PvEvP games, because the factor of human players royally screwing you over is absolutely infuriating (which is why I hate DayZ and don't care for Rust).

I feel like it could be refined more and that with those refinements it could become a good game.

The worst thing though is that YOU CAN'T WEAR YOUR GAS MASK 24/7 IN THE GAME.

As someone who adores gas masks, it annoys me that I can't wear my mask without being in a viral hotzone. If Metro 2033/Last Light lets you wear it all the time if you wanted too, then I don't see why The Division shouldn't let you.

I got the game 5 days ago and already have 80 hours in it

My only complaint is how much CPU power this thing devours. My processor is running at 80-90% the entire time I play it. I still get like 50 FPS though.

Haven't had an issue with Rogue agents in the dark zone (as in I've yet to meet one that wasn't marked Rogue by accident)

And the PvE stuff may be repetitive but it's pretty fun. Next month they're releasing another end game PvE game mode that's supposed to really test people.

I've been playing it the first week it came out but lost all interest now. The graphics are beautiful. You can even shoot the crows and seagulls and actually kill it. But what really did it for me was the loot farming. When you pass an area since it could be potential cover, you see all x's or o's and its a bit tiring. Shooting and melee are not very satisfying and after awhile, becomes really boring. Rainbow Six Siege felt better.

I also didn't like the female character selections. Faces are just not appealing to me. You've got really simple choices from hair, eye color, accessories like earrings. I don't know why there are tons of tattoo options?

Tyc5SoA.jpg

gEgd51B.jpg

My Division tactics - I surrender!

http://vid51.photobucket.com/albums/f384/ashleynicolenavarro102397ashleybrik/Tom%20Clancys%20The%20Divisiontrade_20160308175516_zpsco66spe3.mp4

The game world is weirdly restrictive, combat is incredibly samey, loot isn't exciting, story is average at best, endgame is glaringly absent, high level balance is all out of whack, Dark Zone pvp is worse than pointless...

Like some have stated, the use of the Tom Clancy license has probably hurt this game by restricting what mechanics it was "allowed" to have and how they would be used. Putting all that negative stuff aside, the game's engine and its technical capabilities are really exciting and impressive.

I can't imagine having any fun actually playing it, but just looking around the world is kinda nice. Game's real pretty.

I can't stop taking screenshots. I have a couple hundrer now. I think missions themselves were really good, the campaign you know, and then some nice sidequests. But just too many sidequests that are repetitive, and the end game grind is kind of without any incentive, it got really monotone. I still did enjoy about  55 hours, which is a lot for me nowadays, but now I'll just do a couple more hours in DZ until free updates come, and some balancing is needed too. But one thing is in warframe I kind of did enjoy grinding on many occasions until it got stale and constant updates made sure there was always something new going.  I am still optimistic about all upcoming content though. Though the last month I had only played planetside 2 while waiting, even got a month of membership, and it was a blast the whole time. I might get back to that next week for my spring break. Also lots of netflix and other tv series, and some more games comin out. 

29 minutes ago, Cemges said:

I can't stop taking screenshots. I have a couple hundrer now. I think missions themselves were really good, the campaign you know, and then some nice sidequests. But just too many sidequests that are repetitive, and the end game grind is kind of without any incentive, it got really monotone. I still did enjoy about  55 hours, which is a lot for me nowadays, but now I'll just do a couple more hours in DZ until free updates come, and some balancing is needed too. But one thing is in warframe I kind of did enjoy grinding on many occasions until it got stale and constant updates made sure there was always something new going.  I am still optimistic about all upcoming content though. Though the last month I had only played planetside 2 while waiting, even got a month of membership, and it was a blast the whole time. I might get back to that next week for my spring break. Also lots of netflix and other tv series, and some more games comin out. 

Oh for the love of Christ, are you just trying to advertise this game to us? This is even more annoying than Destiny fanboys.

1 minute ago, S.T.M.P.D said:

Oh for the love of Christ, are you just trying to advertise this game to us? This is even more annoying than Destiny fanboys.

Oh no! They like a game and are talking about it!

Pfft. It's off topic, and it's a thread about The Division. Don't like it being here? That's fine; there are other threads.

I'm rank 30 (max level). I like LMG's and SMG's.

I have almost nothing good to say about the game, but somehow it was very... playable... I really enjoyed running around and getting into random PvE fights and doing the map objectives. Unfortunately, after hitting 30 it just dies. There is nothing going on at all in the open world PvE areas. For a while I was having fun collecting data lore thingies I'd skipped because of random bosses showing up along the way, but apparently the spawn locations weren't random and people were farming them. Instead of making them random... they just... turned off respawns completely. So now the world is totally dead except for lowest tier enemies five levels under me. :/

I've been doing my daily missions sometimes but they're not in the open world. They're pre-planned and scripted. The Dark Zone (PvP area) has plenty to do while roaming but was implemented terribly and I'm not going to set foot in it, ever. If they'd done a real beta it might have been salvaged but instead they just milked people like me for pre-orders with a fake one where everything was locked. Now they're nerfing PvE drops and buffing PvP drops so I assume I'm intended to go play that broken mess and I'm not going along with it.

I would even level additional characters if I could get something for my main for doing it, just because I liked the open world PvE map clear that much... but nope... no point...

A week ago I was saying I had too many games to play so congrats to them. They made a game I like, and then chased me off.

/blog off

Edited by VKhaun