Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical Damage Mod changes have me a little upset.

Expletive

Yesterday I found a mod for my Heat Dagger. It was rank 30 and gave +99% critical damage.

Today I logged in after the patch, and it had changed to this:

Q7jaz9k.jpg

But this didn't make me mad. I'd seen 4 second Am Etina solo kill video. I knew it was pretty overpowered. What upsets me is that today I found this:

GVXKbAs.jpg

DE pls. This is just...Just what the hell. It's ONE FIFTH THE RANK, BUT IT'S BETTER.

I think the loot system really needs to get some things fixed.

the Mods are consently being reviewed and changed, calm your self Tenno.

This is what you call a growing pain of development.

Tenno please.

But yeah, right now we're in a raging storm of drop balance/loot table editing. It's best to go along with the waves, lest we be consumed.

Edit: I had enough critical damage to get like 300% on a melee weapon, I was going to make a crit-damage build! Aieee.

Edited by Foxbyte

I'm honestly not even sure why they nerfed crit damage so much. 40% crit damage for something that only happens 8% of the time is too much? Sure, you can stack crit chance as well, but that's more slots not being filled by something more useful? Or honestly, at this point, you're probably even better off with elemental or piercing..

Let's say I had two 15% crit chances and 3 20% crit damage mods.

Chance: 34%

Damage: 337%

Avg Dmg: 115%

There are single damage% mods better than that ;_;

Does a gun with 200% multishot or more still murder everything in the room if you tap the fire button?

Yes.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Multishot melts things already... On my Burston, I've got:

73% ms

73% ms

68% ms

24% prc

5 puncture

It's sufficient to down anything on Hades aside from Etina in one shot.

And aside from that, so what? Multishot just makes critical hits more reliable. The overall change to your DPS caused by it is null. You were better off without crit damage before and definitely are now.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

He would have had to have had all five slots loaded with 150% crit damage mods to get those kinds of numbers lol. But fine, yes, that is OP.

Mind you, multishot is more OP than that. If I had 5 150% multishot mods, that is 10x the carnage. True, no shot would do as much damage, but your overall DPS would be higher.

50% nerf is way too much, just becuase a maxed out fully farmed build on a frame that has a good 10 seconds of time to spam anything point-blank can abuse it doesn't mean it's OP. Someone with the best gear possible *should* be able to slap around end game content in a game intended for 4 average geared people. Don't reduce viable builds based on what the top end can do with it, make multi-shot only work with projectile weapons, slow the aspd of melee, make a crit damage cap, make it additive instead of multiplicative, there are a ton of ways to stop this from happening without a nerf so big that in any other game would cause a riot.

So they just cut it down in half? What a lousy way to balance things without doing further research.

Crit damage mods aren't even worth using over regular damage mods now since you need a decent amount of crit chance to add up for the RNG.

Bad, bad change.

Definitely this. The game should be balanced for challenge to the low-mid spectrum end of play. Not so much the capped end where a person has min/maxed their stats.

A game that is balanced around the low/mid content as to be the hardest difficulty is a bad game. The end-game content should always be the hardest, no matter what.

Edited by Enfo

So they just cut it down in half? What a lousy way to balance things without doing further research.

Crit damage mods aren't even worth using over regular damage mods now since you need a decent amount of crit chance to add up for the RNG.

Bad, bad change.

A game that is balanced around the low/mid content as to be the hardest difficulty is a bad game. The end-game content should always be the hardest, no matter what.

Actually you are missing the other side of the issue. Balancing the game for the top end spectrum does 3 things. 1. It makes min maxing like seen in that video a requirement for late game. 2. It causes excessive grind due to the need to min/max like seen in that video. 3. Excessive grind causes people to lose interest if they have poor luck with the RNG causing player base to shrink costing them potential income from plat purchases.

Edited by UkyoSonoda

Multishot melts things already... On my Burston, I've got:

73% ms

73% ms

68% ms

24% prc

5 puncture

It's sufficient to down anything on Hades aside from Etina in one shot.

And aside from that, so what? Multishot just makes critical hits more reliable. The overall change to your DPS caused by it is null. You were better off without crit damage before and definitely are now.

Just curious... do you really enjoy playing that way? My snipetron can one shot most things in Pluto if I headshot, and the only mods pertainng to damage output are 25% AP and a few low level crit chances. The thing is, I have to headshot everything (which is a bit of a challenge) as opposed to just clicking on the body mass.

And Pluto is already easy enough, doen't those mods make it far too easy to be any kind of challenge?

Definitely this. The game should be balanced for challenge to the low-mid spectrum end of play. Not so much the capped end where a person has min/maxed their stats.

The game should be balanced across the board. Higher ranked players are your devoted playerbase and generally speaking, they also know what they're doing more than newbies.

That said, there are plenty of ways that this could have been fixed that would have worked better.

The best I've seen since te patch is a 68% and if you stacked nothing but those, you'll end up with an average damage output increase of 100% and we all know there are many ways to go beyond that through other means.