Anhdangerous's Frost Helmet [Wip]

With the hope that it's not too Oberon-y in mind, I have to say the first thing I thought was that Oberon and Frost had a baby. And he was a moose, instead of a deer.

Cool idea, buuut you might need to work a bit to deviate from an Oberon feel. It's gonna be tough (I'd imagine) to keep antlers but not feel like Oberon, but if you can succeed, it'll look flipping fantastic.

More editing! I removed the big ring in the middle to try and keep that more dome like frost shape.

Also trying to improve the antlers.

Which one do you guys like better? 1 or 2?

9de025329dfb7e011f02036571dcf2eb.png

4563dcc0b246222d056552e8a04b407a.png

1. Definitely 1. 2 just seems almost to reindeer antler styled, but 1 has this gorgeous curved horn style that to me screams Celtic or even Krampus. If you haven't brainstormed a name yet, consider Krampus.

Also, just my personal opinion, I kinda liked that ring in the first one :p

This is absolutely gorgeous btw. You kept the style of Frost's helmet while introducing a new concept. And personally, I don't think it's overly Oberon-y, Just make the horns very uniquely styled (Perhaps more crystalline, almost like ice crystals? Idk just a suggestion). I dont think only Oberon should have horns. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Omni_Omega

Make the antlers into icechrystal energy why don't you!

this^

---

i think frost needs a sharper helm, as most of his are curved out even though he is a ice guy, that makes jagged ice crystals as 2 of his skills... also i think if you do go with the crystals you should give him his horn back, but style it like the others... don't want his to feel emasculated lol

all in all, this looks great though, i will keep my eye on this

I tried adding ice horns like some people suggested, but kept the second set antlers because I thought it kind of looked nice and put the middle ring back. It looks really busy now though, so I'm probably going to redo the antlers again. ;__;

rIPLMzY.png

Although yes, I must agree its a tiny bit busy, I think you nearly nailed the concept there. The "ice" horns look really nice!

(also yay you brought the ring back!)

Maybe just all ice horns? Instead of antlers? It's a bit less busy.

XbV6r38.png

The way you have it now, the way the antler goes through the ice horn and continues to the back, is amazing and really eye catching.

Although the ice horns look really cool on their own, the co-existence of the two give it a really unique feel. The best thing about it is it kind of feels like a crown wrapped around the ice horns. The whole design really feels like it's holding itself together. 

And to me, at least, it seems just the right amount of busy. A good amount to look at but not overwhelming.

Edited by Omni_Omega

I don't see why you can't make the 'antlers' more like tubes, like you get on the rear of his backpack, twisting through the ice a bit more almost as if one of them have burst. It'd also get away from that Oberon feel people have referred to.

I tried adding ice horns like some people suggested, but kept the second set antlers because I thought it kind of looked nice and put the middle ring back. It looks really busy now though, so I'm probably going to redo the antlers again. ;__;

rIPLMzY.png

Maybe add an ice horn like Excalibur? Though it might look busier....

You mean like a frontal facing horn? I feel that would look a bit similar to his default helm. Plus, the direction of the helmet is sweeping to the back, a sudden horn in the front may or may not make the feel of the helmet become more abrupt, or as you say busier. Unless he makes it a very small horn.

Edited by Omni_Omega