Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Feedback On U18.4 Excavation Changes [Megathread]

Gigaus

They just made sure you won't progress as fast as usual in excavation anymore. They wrapped it in a nice package of words in the patch notes, but it's only this.

-imo-

Exc has become boring too.

Well its a failure because players who use specific "farming" teams wont suffer because this since supposedly people who can guard solo each of excavator arent actually suffering from this, they actually say that changes make so mission actually goes faster for them(people who guard solo each excavator are actually happy about this change).

This change only negativly affects people who play with random players and who like to play in team in warframe(which is a co-op game)..... 

Everytime DE tries to stop people who are good at farming/grinding it always punishes players who play normally, look at exterminate, to this day they didnt fix what they broken when they tried to stop focus farming(for example today I had to back track half map to find enemy)...... 

Edited by Culaio

What is it with De, releasing something without testing them first. It was the same with exterminate and now excavation. I have just finish a 1.5k excavation limbo theorem run for a clan mates, and you have no idea how many excavator that stop running at 0.0s, and we have to put 1 more in just for it to finish, yeah it was all of them. I think alot of people have my problem too.

Now if this is a bug i'm sorry for putting this post here and can some mod move it pls, thank you.

You have to put 1 more energycell into the excavator? How dare you.

if it's intended then what logic it is that make it not finish at 0.0second ???

It starts with 20% and you need exactly 4 energycells, cause that would be 100% for 100sec. If it isn´t finished for you at 0.0sec then you problably experience some lags.

Edited by Kuestenjung

So you don't waste cell energy?

um i wasted a whole power cell, sooo......

You have to put 1 more energycell into the excavator? How dare you.

It starts with 20% and you need exactly 4 energycells, cause that would be 100% for 100sec. If it isn´t finished for you at 0.0sec then you problably experience some lags.

i guess it is a bug, cus i have no lag at all and the thing was not finishing unless me or my mate put another cell in.

Well its a failure because players who use specific "farming" teams wont suffer because this since supposedly people who can guard solo each of excavator arent actually suffering from this, they actually say that changes make so mission actually goes faster for them(people who guard solo each excavator are actually happy about this change).

This change only negativly affects people who play with random players and who like to play in team in warframe(which is a co-op game)..... 

Everytime DE tries to stop people who are good at farming/grinding it always punishes players who play normally, look at exterminate, to this day they didnt fix what they broken when they tried to stop focus farming(for example today I had to back track half map to find enemy)...... 

I've never actually though of this change as an attempt to stop organised premade teams from farming.

On the other hand it really is so that (considering the rewards don't scale with time spent) they are able to rush around 800-1200 cryo in high lvl missions faster now than ordinary players then leave.

as far as I can tell, the damage to this mode is done primarily because of one small, specific alteration: we have to hit sites in order.

I completely agree on this, and i think that excavation now has become another game mode ruined by some "fixes" that only make it more boring and tedious, just like defense and its mobile counterpart.

And as others pointed it out before, having to split up the team is soooooo bad for a game that's based on teamplay and shared affinity.

Please just revert the excavator spawns as they were before.

I've never actually though of this change as an attempt to stop organised premade teams from farming.

On the other hand it really is so that (considering the rewards don't scale with time spent) they are able to rush around 800-1200 cryo in high lvl missions faster now than ordinary players then leave.

Problem is that it negativly affects "fun" factor of mission I always try to stay as long as possible, because killing stronger enemies is more fun then one shoting everything, also technically staying longer was always slightly more efficent then stay shorther amount of time since entering and leaving mission also takes times, the shorther you make mission the more time you spend on entering and leaving mission  

Well many of you have  been through today sortie, and had played the reworked excavation  with a new cryotic limit of 1000. So how  this excavation made you feel, what are your thoughts, opinions, mine is full of salt and just made me  not do any sortie with an excavation in it.

The sortie  modifiers didn't bother me at all, that  is business like usual but  how excavation works right now it's just  bad,  and it's not even working like they said it works  in some aspects, below are what they modified:

Excavation Changes / Fixes

The following changes have been made to Excavation Missions to help improve fluidity between each excavation:

• Dig Site drop points have been optimized to enable players to constantly run into Dig Sites, instead of hunting for a new Site between each completed dig.
  • Areas with multiple Dig Sites will be more difficult to defend, should players decide to activate more than one Site at a time.
  • Dig Sites must be activated in order of being discovered.
  • Dig Sites will no longer immediately reappear in a location that was just recently excavated.
  • Power Cell carrying enemies should be more readily available before the first Dig Site is active.
  • Reduced the power gained from a Power Cell from 50 to 20.
  • Reduced initial power in deployed excavator from 50 to 20
  • Power Cells dropped far away from combat will now despawn, enabling new Power Cells to spawn closer to the player / Excavator.
  • Fixed an error causing power to drain from an Excavator while active.

-  first of all you don't run into dig sites, they just spawn  in the same places as before  only that   no more then 1 in the same tile set which means you run around like a headless chicken, from  a zone to another zone, it feel more like a marathon 

- power cell enemies are not more available then before, if before we had 1 now there are 2

- power cells do not always despawn

Now my rant is, if they reworked things why didn't they also fix things,  why not fix the excavator not spawning and waiting  for it to come down from the sky,   why they didn't scale the excavator shields and hp with the lvl,  today a  Scorch  brought down  the excavator  in around 1 max 2 seconds while also killing 3 squad members in the process, really from what are those excavators made of?  paper ?   if they were from metal a little fire would not bruise them, bullets and grenades maybe,  but fire,   really ?

Well I will equip my flame repellent mod just in case :))  I know this community is burning posts like  they burned whitches  in salem.

p_ARL8uo.png

Edited by syrusstk

Spawns were broken in my run. At one point, all of the Grineer were all 1 tile over from the only active extractor (no new extractors pending), and they just kept piling up. A sea of Grineer who would just instantly unload on anyone coming close. They were apparently standing guard over the only dropped power cores anywhere on the map.

The change seemed to break excavation in my run.

Solo'd it, noticed early stages was slightly harder due to the base powercells starting at 20%. (my understanding was they blowup at 0%).

Enemy spawns seemed a bit on the too many side during the end stages. But on the too few within the first 20 seconds of a extractor spawning.

The thing that bothered me the most was the amount of travelling i was having to do between each extractor though. I did'nt actually keep count of how many empty rooms/pathways i ran through between each extractor but it was a good 1 minute + of just bullet/wall jumps between each extractor) With maybe 1 or 2 enemies during the whole journey if i was lucky.

tl;dr -

Let me think:

For the last few weeks, Exterminate was 'broken' - leading to waiting for enemies to spawn, and then running back and forth to get to them.

Many people have voiced... displeasure... with this state of affairs.

So why, exactly, did someone decide that adding this to Excavation a good idea?

You want to slow down the rewards, there are other ways of doing that.

Dear DE, "changes/fixes" is not the same as gimping the game. I agree IF you honestly rework excavation to be somewhat more challenging, i don't mind poison show up at 1200-ish (usually 1,5k+), more challenge more skill, great...but noo! you're just utterly gimping excav mission to be pain in the arse to run honestly! what you've done to excav is pure low blow, feels like doing slower progression with a bonus kick in the nut.

Also has anyone notice rare resource somewhat extremely low than usual? Because I use Nekros Desecrate for my daily run lately (3 weeks) at Draco, but since last update my daily orocell yields are way off with the same amount of run. Asked several clan mates and they claim having the same experience. I usually do some numbers for my run but not anymore, shame.

Got back into the game for almost 2 months now after 2 years break, and now when I'm about to really enjoy this game, catch up some stuffs, bought more plat and all, DE gimp it! GOOD JOB DE!

I went to 3.1k cryotic with a pub group on Hieracon and we had 3 drills up one time the whole game due to rng giving us two drills on the same tile and one on an adjacent tile. The increased battery running kills it the most, in my opinion. I don't play excavation to pick up batteries and run them to a drill, and it feels like that's pretty much all you do now.  The focus shifted away from mostly killing the guys that wanted to blow up your drill and occasionally powering up the drill during a lull in combat.

The increase to power cell carriers mentioned in the patch notes wasn't noticeable most likely because now the spawns are split between two tiles for the majority of the time.

The rng placement of the next digsite is awful.

The increased battery running is awful.

Making it necessary to split your team in half is awful, for both frame selection and affinity sharing.