Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Feedback On U18.4 Excavation Changes [Megathread]

Gigaus

oh no!!! multitasking!! god forbid we have multitasking and squad planning holy crap someone help me I can't do this!!!

I don't mind the decreased battery, but having the drills so far away is annoying. 

"The following changes have been made to Excavation Missions to help improve fluidity between each excavation"

Well, from my experience the effect is pretty much the exact opposite. It certainly feels more tedious now and i don't mean the 50 to 20 energy per battery nerf, that encourages more active gameplay and less camping around which i'm ok with. Excavator spawns being farther apart on the other hand...

@topic: every excavator only needs 1 more cell then before the change, not really the world. But the new excavator spawns are really annoying.

If you are carrying one power cell with you, that gives you 40 seconds to find the next of the remaining 3 cells compared to 70 seconds to find the next of the 2 cells before the change.  You also lose 10 seconds of digging if you can't find the last power cell.  I think it's a more significant change than it appears.  The new spawns do not make up for it since they will be split between two tiles.

the minimum enforcement doesn't cause Excavators to be on the other end of the map. on larger tiles, you can get two at a time in the same tile potentially.

You can, but it´s rare, before the change you got all excavators in a row that were possible at the same tile.

I personally dislike this randomized new spawning mechanism.

I feel really horrible. DE touched a game mode that just did not needed to be touched. The original premise of Excavation was already there, in the context of what the objective was. The new changes just penalize the players with more of their time. I'm one of those Tenno who enjoy Excavation with 800 Cryotic is extracted because that's when the game mode gets serious and it gets more fun. Now, I kinda lost desire to even play Excavation for more than 200 Cryotic. If this is what they intended, congratulations. You have done it.

These changes make solo speed running the first two extractors on Triton significantly longer now, making core farming an even slower grind. And to add insult to injury, DE STILL hasn't fixed the delayed spawning bug (the one where the excavator doesn't deploy for a good while after you enter it's spawn perimeter), despite the fact this bug has been around for quite some time.

So many primed mods, so little fusion cores. I hope Lotus makes a joke about Vay Hek's mum so he can send another Fomorian to attack a relay!

Well its a failure because players who use specific "farming" teams wont suffer because this since supposedly people who can guard solo each of excavator arent actually suffering from this, they actually say that changes make so mission actually goes faster for them(people who guard solo each excavator are actually happy about this change).

This change only negativly affects people who play with random players and who like to play in team in warframe(which is a co-op game)..... 

which is funny as i usually play Excavation with randoms. playing with usual suspects only from time to time.

hasn't fixed the delayed spawning bug

trying to reproduce daily, can't identify a cause, and having trouble reproducing.

it's known that it happens, but without a cause identified it can't be fixed.

But seriously, yeah, objective scaling in this game has been a slow and painful process of adaptation, hopefully they will come around and let excavators scale upwards throughout progressive missions. Maybe not a 1:1 with enemy scaling, or it the challenge wouldn't increase, but something.

it's a very tentative thing to do, as if you look at Infested Defense, it scales way too high. the Objective quickly has upwards of 50,000 Health, and is basically indestructible even if you go AFK for 5 minutes.

and i'm more fond of Player made scaling, such as dumping in excess Power Cells giving it Overshields(500 Shields each as currently, with no cap but diminishing returns), Et Cetera.

Edited by taiiat

Power cell spawns need to be upped. I just spent over 40 minutes in today's sortie excavation with a friend. 2 Person team we had no trouble defending the excavators but we had to run around the entire map looking for power cells. More than 3/4 of the time, our drills were down and waiting for power. 

Its a nerf to cheesing, the runs are still about the same speed. Most of the time you have 2 ecavators anyway so you are split in 2 groups, 1 player can easily solo 1 excavator, but now that the game is more focused on mobility than cheese, everyone is triggered.

I love this change.

http://imgur.com/a/0hH1x

Thats a 24 minute 1.8k cryo run with randoms, its about the same speed as prepatch, maybe faster with decent players.

Warframe is known for its fast pace gameplay. Spending more time to get less stuff and waiting for each extractor to finish before going to the next one in the end is not very fast paced. It's not spending only more time but also more effort because enemies scale up with time, not with the number of extractors.

I agree to a certain extent that patience is important: 1 excavator at a time at high levels. But for the first 1000 cryotic, doing 2-3 excavators at a time is more exciting that sitting at 1 at a time. It's also more challenging and fun because you need to multitask (figure out which excavators need power, kill enemies, and power up excavator).

The excavator changes are faster, so the gameplay is faster. Show me a source telling me that runs were faster before this, right now as a good squad it is definitely faster.

http://imgur.com/a/0hH1x

23 mins for 1.8k cryo. There was also abit of slowdown due to bad weapon loadouts etc so it can be a few minutes faster if I had a true squad of tryhards,  Unless you can find me proof of a faster run prepatch I'm not buying this slower paced more grind argument.

Also you aren't supposed to do 1 at a time, you are still supposed to do more than 1 at a time if you want to keep up with fast rotations. If you can't do it, that's really not DE's fault, but your own.

You need to multitask and move much faster now= faster paced game. Before this it was just a CC stack in 1 area = slower pace game.

Edited by dmirtygorachyov

for a quick contrast; the game isnt over if an extractor dies, unlike in defence. which leads me to my next thought.

I think its a good thing that the extractors get squished in high excavation missions(sorties) because it pulls players out of their comfort zone of "im invincible, your invincible, this thing is invincible, lets just spank these enemies at our leisure". Tactics have to change a bit when we realize the threat is real. Thats been my experience anyway. TBH im not really sure if this is the real reason tho.

for a quick contrast; the game isnt over if an extractor dies, unlike in defence. which leads me to my next thought.

I think its a good thing that the extractors get squished in high excavation missions(sorties) because it pulls players out of their comfort zone of "im invincible, your invincible, this thing is invincible, lets just spank these enemies at our leisure". Tactics have to change a bit when we realize the threat is real. Thats been my experience anyway. TBH im not really sure if this is the real reason tho.

I can understand this, but it would still be nice if they scaled even slightly.

I don't like the Excavation change from a gameplay point of view.  I don't really care about rewards one way or the other, what I do care about is:-

1) Before the changes, the gameplay was, you'd "nurse" like 3 excavators at a time, and run around feeding them with the thingies.  Then you'd all scamper off to another area and feed another few all in the same area.  That was fun, in my book.

2) Now, it's like: feed one excavator, poof, feed another excavator, poof, run somewhere else, feed one excavator, poof, feed another excavator, poof. 

Not as much fun, for me.

This is how DE "fixes"  things,   excavation is now a real pain in the ars,  excavators still bug out and you need to wait for them to spawn, thanks DE  good job on not fixing a really old bug. 

So are you saying that you've hit the 0.0 incomplete bug?

Got any details?