Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Feedback On U18.4 Excavation Changes [Megathread]

Gigaus

I can safely speak on behalf of the players who don't run Excavation (alongside a lot of other mission types) unless they have an absolute need for cryotic when I say, WHO CARES.

Thank you, now PBR Excalibur Prime please.

Can we get Excavation missions un-nerfed? Before 18.4 I found R5 farms to be rather enjoyable even given the spotty drop rates (normally averaged 30 or less per hour) whereas now it's a pain to deal with the excavators constantly running out of power before any carriers spawn in close enough to them to run the drop in. And given the (according to [DE]Glen) almost exactly the same rate of gaining ~2k cryotic per mission, why even make the change when all it does is make excavation feel much grindier?

Actually it was way too fun to get into Excavation and getting rewarded on a decent amount of time spent instead of the classic "Spend 60 minute getting bored standing on the same place with the same reward as 20 minutes".

Maybe DE should think about buffing/changing the other mission types, and not nerfing the only one that was actually working :\

Edited by Redskull94

I can safely speak on behalf of the players who don't run Excavation (alongside a lot of other mission types) unless they have an absolute need for cryotic when I say, WHO CARES.

Every first and second excavator of the rotation has a reasonable chance to give 5 r5 fusion cores.

The mission also has a tendancy to become a big messy ongoing fight which many players enjoy.

Actually it was way too fun to get into Excavation and getting rewarded on a decent amount of time spent instead of the classic "Spend 60 minute getting bored standing on the same place with the same reward as 20 minutes".

Maybe DE should think about buffing/changing the other mission types, and not nerfing the only one that was actually working :\

They can't make Defense/Survival too much more rewarding without taking into consideration the void which is already a pain to farm and any changes made to those game modes would probably make it even worse. They can on the other hand play around with Excavation and make it less ridiculous than the recent patches made it because it has no presence in the void.

They just made sure you won't progress as fast as usual in excavation anymore. They wrapped it in a nice package of words in the patch notes, but it's only this.

-imo-

Exc has become boring too.

Yes, and they failed miserably, again. I really don't understand why they've done it this way. All they had to do to increase the time between rewards would have been to increase the time required for the excavators to finish and then adjust the intervals in which new excavators become available accordingly.

That would have accomplished what they apparently set out to do without touching the excavation gameplay itself. But no, instead they just basically turned excavation missions into "mobile defense". And those have always been among the most boring mission types. What made excavations fun was their fast paced nature and the hectic multitasking involved in protecting multiple excavators at once.

You need to multitask and move much faster now= faster paced game. Before this it was just a CC stack in 1 area = slower pace game.

Sorry, but constantly running through empty tilesets is not what I would call fast paced gameplay. It's infact one of the worst and most boring aspects of Warframe.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

I farmed keys occasionally, didn't farm cores hard or anything but I hate the new excavation changes. I can't see any reason for the changes. Used to be you could drop 3 or even 4 extractors on a single map. This made for some great challenge. Should you do 2 (early on yes of course) 3? maybe. When do you stop doing 3? when do you go down to 1? Added some self induced challenge to the easier beginning times of the mission.

Now they spawn all over, and it seems not in the progression they used to (all the points on a single screen then move on). This leads to something the game has too much of already - running from point A to point B. This is boring. You are not fighting your way to the extractor, you are just humping it across the map for a single extractor, then again to antoher one a few hundred miles away, then another.

Terrible backslide in mission design, fun, challenge, etc. The old way was much better. If DE wanted to slow down core farming slow the counter (1 energy and 1% per 2 seconds or what not), at least that would be defend the extractor for 200 seconds instead of 100 seconds then spend 100 seconds running across the map.