The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do U Build Warframes?

MrEvilMexican

Question

15 answers to this question

Part 1: Gather the 3 main blueprints (Helmet, Chassis, Systems) usually from a specific boss or quest depending on the Warframe.

Nova blueprints in particular drops from the Raptor boss on Europa. Each time you finish the Assassination mission, you get one of the 3 parts (random, so it could take more than 3 runs).

Part 2: Build the 3 main components.

Part 3: Buy the Warframe blueprint from the Market, claim the 3 main components when they're done, and craft the Warframe. It takes 72 hours to build without rushing, so it's good to start ahead of time.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Part 1: Gather the 3 main blueprints (Helmet, Chassis, Systems) usually from a specific boss or quest depending on the Warframe.

Nova blueprints in particular drops from the Raptor boss on Europa. Each time you finish the Assassination mission, you get one of the 3 parts (random, so it could take more than 3 runs).

Part 2: Build the 3 main components.

Part 3: Buy the Warframe blueprint from the Market, claim the 3 main components when they're done, and craft the Warframe. It takes 72 hours to build without rushing, so it's good to start ahead of time.

you must be a stormtrooper, because you completely missed the point.

i think op wants wf setups and mod builds

you must be a stormtrooper, because you completely missed the point.

i think op wants wf setups and mod builds

Oh... well... to be fair, that would have been a lot more obvious if he had a specific frame in the title instead.

Also, I just speed-read the topic itself since it was so short...

Also I need a good slowva, speed nova and ev build.

1hvv6f.jpg

EV Trinity.

Max Range and Strength and low Duration.

1gj7kw.jpg

Slow Nova

Max Duration and Strenght.

For Speed nova just use Overextended and take all mods increasing power strenght.

Aura, take what you like. I use Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection.

Same with Exilus mods. Power Drift or Endurance Drift (for EV if you run Energy Reduction condition mission). Or Rush/handspring.

Edited by peger

Oh... well... to be fair, that would have been a lot more obvious if he had a specific frame in the title instead.

Also, I just speed-read the topic itself since it was so short...

Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm disappointed.

Well, OP, basically efficiency, strength, and duration. for slowva. Efficiency, negative strength (OE), and duration for speed nova. And efficiency, range, strength, and negative duration for EV trinity.

Over 145% Power Strength on Slow Nova isn't even overkill, it is just unecessary and even counter-productive because you will lose duration/efficiency should you use one of the corrupted mods.

Focus your effort on maxing duration instead.

This is my Slow build:

USvNxGt.png

Use Vitality/Redirection instead of Cunning Drift if you want additional survivability, or speed drift if you prefer it for mobility.

Intensify + Power Drift is the best combo to max the Slow, imo. The slow cap is at 75% and at 100% power strength you'll have 30% slow, with 145% you hit the cap. Use 70% for 0% slowdown and 40% power strength for the speed Nova build.

Edited by Nerkono

Streamline + Rank 3 or 4 Fleeting Expertise is a baseline for everything. I like to cast my powers. 

If they need duration: Primed Continuity + Constitution
If they need duration, and they don't care about range: Narrowminded + Constitution / Primed Continuity

If they need range: Stretch
If they need range, and they don't care about power (looking at you, Nyx): Overextended

Narrow Minded, Constitution, and Primed Continuity together tends to be overkill and often results in a "putting too many eggs in one basket" sort of situation. Likewise, Overextended + Stretch tends to leave me with the same feeling. Narrow Minded + Overextended isn't much of a gain either, so I'd prioritize Primed Continuity + Constitution + Stretch first. 

Vitality + Redirection: I typically try to have at least Vitality on everything, but I'm not against sacrificing Redirection (shields) if I need something else to make the build work. In Warframe you usually take damage in huge chunks spaced far apart rather than being whittled down slowly. "Effective Hit Point" is the concept of adding up all of your damage mitigation mods, health, shields, and armor to arrive at a total number that you can use to absorb damage. The bigger it is, the more time you are going to have to react to not being dead, even in very high level content. How important this is ultimately depends on you, your play-style, and who you play with. You have between 4 and 6 revives per mission, and typically other players are pretty gun-ho about reviving each other. Going down isn't the end of the world, and it is inevitable. That said, you should generally aim to be alive more often than you are dead, especially if you're playing with me because I'll get tired of reviving your stupid butt and just ignore you after awhile. 

*cough* 

Steel Fiber is only useful on Warframes that have a lot of armor to begin with. It's of questionable value around the 150 armor mark. It has a noticeable benefit around the 225 mark. At 275 I'd start prioritizing it over Redirection (shields). Valkyr, Chroma, and Rhino are capable of having some of the highest armor in the game, and Frost will want it for his Snow Globe. 

Valkyr doesn't strictly need Steel Fiber even though she gets the most benefit out of it because she can just go into lolhysteria and be invincible forever. Nullifiers are an issue that you can play around, as is energy drain and eximus units. Still, she's safer when lolhysteria does go down if you have it on her. 

Chroma benefits greatly from Iron Skin, but he also benefits from Shields, so I'd still try to get Redirection on him. 

Rhino benefits from armor by it giving him a higher Iron Skin value. Ironclad Charge stacks a +50% bonus to his armor for every enemy you hit with his Rhino Charge. Charge into a thick group of enemies (charging also makes you immune to bullet damage), get a massive armor buff, and then toss on Iron Skin for an insane amount of HP. If you're really ballsy, you can drop both Redirection and Vitality, but I prefer having a good number for when it comes time to re-apply Iron Skin, personally, so I only drop Redirection. 

Intensify by itself tends to feel really underwhelming. Transient Fortitude + Intensify starts to feel worth it. Blind Rage typically requires a dedicated group built around each other to be useful. Trinity, Novas, Embers, Banshees, things that can maintain the energy cost of your powers and multiply final damage to give crazy nuking potential. Just be wary that these sorts of things are usually what gets nerfed first. 

Utility mods I like are Rush, MagLev, Handspring, Rage, Quick Thinking, and Continuity. Rush is completely up to you and a lot of players are perfectly content moving around at default sprint speed and using things like Bullet Jump + Rolling to move around quickly. I like having it regardless. Maglev is a similar argument.

Handspring is extremely useful by almost eliminating the time you spend on your butt, and given how many enemies favor knock-down as a tactic it's usefulness cannot be over-stated. When I think of situations where I eat dirt in this game the one defining situation that sticks out more than any other is being shot to death while my Warframe slooooowly picked itself off of the ground. Continuity gives duration as well as a faster knock-down recovery animation, so it can replace Handspring if you find yourself really needing more duration. Either way, I almost always have either Handspring or Continuity on everything now. 

Rage is a good idea as it usually gives you enough energy to use an "oh ****!" power in specifically "oh ****!" moments, like when you take a shotgun blast to the jaw and have 12 HP left. I don't use it because I just vomit Large Team Energy restores if I run out of energy. 

Quick Thinking is good on anything, but is especially a good idea for squishy "caster" frames who want to increase their EHP but don't get a lot of benefit out of Redirection or Steel Fiber. It'll use a portion of your energy as health for shots that would normally kill you. Naturally it combines well with Rage, but you don't need both to get use out of Quick Thinking. 

On the subject of EHP again, it's not a bad idea to get friendly with Cephalon Suda and pick up the Large Team Shield Restore blueprint. In higher level content it's easy to get in one-shot range of tough enemies. You can use Large Team Shield Restores to give yourself a super-charged shield preemptively to avoid dying to one-shot shenanigans. 

---

My own Nova build goes something like: 

Steel Charge - Rush 
Vitality - Redirection - Streamline - Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise
Narrowminded - Constitution - Natural Talent - Intensify 

Obviously most people aren't going to want to use Steel Charge, but I'm a melee Nova (I'm a melee everything) so I take it. Corrosive Projection is the only other thing I can reccomend in the aura slot, and I'll usually switch to it as well for Grineer Sorties or if I go to the void with a party. A lot of people like Energy Siphon, but since I abuse Large Team Energy Restore I don't have much use for it. 

Rush is in my exilus slot because I like gotta go fast. I gotta go fast because I melee Nova. 

Vitality and Redirection are important so I can keep standing if I take a stray shotgun blast. They aren't mandatory. 

Streamline and Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise give me 70% energy efficiency, so I can Molecular Prime and Antimatter Drop all over faces all day. Just because I use Large Team Energy Restores when I run out of energy doesn't mean I can completely ignore energy efficiency; if you try that you will run out of Energy-Pizza, and have to spend a large amount of your playtime farming for me or using a build that doesn't treat energy with reckless abandon. 

Narrowminded + Constitution felt like "enough" for Molecular Prime coverage; any more duration felt like overkill and any less started to leave gaps in my defense. Depending on the map I'll ocassionally have to cast Molecular Prime in one spot, then bullet-jump my way over to the other side of the map and cast it again because it takes too long for a single Molecular Prime to hit all the enemies and I don't want to leave my team exposed to enemies at full strength when the whole point of Nova is to slow everything. 

Constitution also helps Nova recover from knock-down which is incredibly dangerous on such a squishy frame. 

Intensify is there so I get "close enough" to the slow cap that Molecular Prime can be effective as a damage mitigation tool. I wouldn't normally take it alone like this, but it serves an important purpose in this build so it gets to stay. 

Natural Talent is important in my build because squishy Nova really can't risk being still for as long as MPrime takes to cast, especially since I'm usually right up next to enemies. A ranged Nova can probably get away with not using it because she can hide behind boxes and such and cast it safely. it's also useful for getting Antimatter drop out quicker, which was useful to me since I often need to run alongside the thing and slash the crap out of it so that I can deposit it in some Grineers sternum and blow up all of existence. 

If, for some reason, you are interested in going melee on Nova I suggest trying to get Naramon first. I've been playing her this way for awhile, but Shadowstep makes it so much easier, and the 4x damage you get from stealth on top of the damage multiplier from Molecular Prime really jacked up her melee damage to "viable at endgame" levels. 

My process for building a frame, with step 1 at rank zero and advancing as I have space for the mods

Step 1: Aura

Step 2: Using the aura, slot in Vigor + Streamline

Step 3: After hitting about level 16 or so, replace Vigor with maxed Redirection and Vitality

Step 4: Maxed Redir and Vital are on the frame now, right?
Step 5: I'm serious, go back there and put maxed Redir and Vital on. I'm sick and tired of picking you up off the floor because you thought it would be a good idea to have 225 HP

Step 5.5: Valkyr is allowed to skimp on maxed Redirection if she so wishes.

Step 6: Constitution and/or Continuity (if not building EV Trin), and/or Intensify where relevant

Step 7: If using a potato, consider augments now

I always focus on all their powers trying to find a balance. If it is squishy or more into melee I focus on mobility and survival (Maglev + Rush and maybe Armored agility).

A clear example of this are two of my favourite frames.

Excalibur: Steel Charge, Rush, Armored Agilitt, Vitality, Quick Thinking, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Maglev, Rage.

Ivara: E. Siphon, Quick Thinking, Maglev (pretty good if you like using bows with it), Rush, Cunning Drift, Vigor, Fleeting Expertise, Intensify, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity.

And as for the 145% cap, AFAIK a higher number will still affect Antimatter drop (or absorb, depending on what you prefer), which is a nice nuke for panic situations.

Edited by Izurisah