Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

memeth

Orokin / Derelict Drop Table/s Explanations

hello community! it's memeth here!

lately i have been helping a friend of mines to farm Nova Prime. in particular, Nova Prime Systems.

that said, all of us know that's difficult to find such blueprints.

i'm "complaining" because of the ridiculous amount of Orokin Void Keys that you can get by playing Orokin Derelict Survival missions (aka ODS). it's not the first time, we already get something like 6 Orokin Void Keys after 40 minutes of gameplay.

precisely:

- Tower II Exterminate (rotation A, at 5 minutes)

- Tower I Exterminate (rotation A, at 10 minutes)

- Tower I Exterminate (rotation B, at 15 minutes)

- Tower II Capture (rotation C, at 20 minutes)

- Tower I Moblie Defense (rotation A, at 25 minutes)

- x5 Fusion Cores (rotation A, at 30 minutes)

- x5 Fusion Core (rotation B, at 35 minutes)

- Tower I Exterminate (rotation C, at 40 minutes)

so, now i want to understand how damn you are supposed to stay 40 minutes surrounded by mobs lvl70+ just for T1 Exterminate... ?! are you serious, developers?

i repeat, it's not the first time. yet, i'm not complaining about Nova Prime herself, but rewards.

thanks for your attention and dealing.

-memeth

Void keys flooding reward tables isn't a new thing.  It was much worse when it was first introduced.  Getting a T1 Capture key from finishing ... a T1 Capture.  For 10 TIMES IN A ROW.  Trust me.  It's "much better" now.

yes, it's a shame that the derelict tables are in such poor shape, especially given that they could move some more Prime Parts there to free up the void a little. but they won't do that, because that would be convenient.

also, Inb4 that Stalker GIF we all know too well.

Back when she was released I got the Nova part on the 2nd try to 20 minutes. 

Tables are working fine for me :)

I don't mind the derelict drop tables being low. 

They're derelicts, there's not much there any more .. so the chances of finding anything should be really low. 

Plus the keys are also really cheap to make, so it's not as if it's costing you much and you can rinse / repeat tons of times for very little expense. 

@Sh0ck-Wave - excuse me but that doesn't make any sense to me. i expect valid argumentations.

since you already get Nova Prime you cannot think that drop tables are "working fine".

my point is totally different. i am not complaining because of the low chance to get Nova Prime. i'm complaining because of the rewards.

after 40 minutes of gameplay you expect to receive some rare mods ... or other Prime Parts ... or Affinity/Credit boots valid for 5-10 minutes ... or a blueprint. i guess, something like that. you must be happy and motivated to extend the duration of the mission. i accept to gain ridiculous rewards at the beginning of the match, but when the mission is TIER 3 or higher, you will want more.

come on, don't be hypocrite: i don't think that you hope to receive a Tower I Exterminate, do you? really?

i understand your words ("play 20 minutes and start again").. but.. where is the challenge?

why you polarize your Warframe or weapons, just to play 20 minutes on Draco? (just saying, take what i type with a grain of salt).

so, that's not even "working fine" in my ignorant opinion. RNG (random number generation) doesn't mean "useless rewards" or "wasting of time". because, this is, a wasting of time at late-game.

I have done the mission 4 times already, that said 80 minutes wasted. If they would add more blueprints from prime parts it would be more rewarding. Getting T1 keys (mostly Exterminate or Capture) or T2 keys for rotation C reward is kind of depresive...

At the level of the enemies at derelict T1 keys shouldnt be taking as a reward. It should be T2 and T3 keys as rewards. But it just gives too much T1 keys. Also for the cores i only got 3 gold fusion cores as reward, not 5.

I agree with you memeth! I don t mind getting T1/2 keys up to 20 minutes. But above 20 minutes, the reward should change.

It should drop T3/4 keys, or 5 R5 cores.

It's pointless to receive the same rewards over and over again, no matter the time or difficulty the mission is at.

But it's not only derelict rewards, unfortanelly it is all missions rewards (T1, T2, T3 survival, defense).

my rotation c rewards so far: 30 t2 exts, 10 forma bps, 2 burston prime barrels... with the others being mostly t1 keys and an ocasional salad v coord.

so yeah this is seriously gonna require some more dev insight

@MythBringer - thanks for your support.

@Theluckcan - let's hope. maybe developers will keep an eye on this.

it's not a big problem, but, honestly, it's one of the things that developers might balance time-to-time.

thanks.

-memeth

​Think of the bright side!  You can use all those poor T1 keys to make Vault keys!

Seriously though, I do agree with you.  Risk really ought to equal reward.

Yes, the Derelict drop tables are dreadful. At the very least they could replace the T1 and T2 keys with T3 and T4 keys. Farming keys there would still be less efficient than doing interception or excavation missions on the star map but at least the rewards would not be totally pointless.

@SoanoS - thanks for your support.

@----Fenrir---- - that's a good idea.

still, they can want something like this:

- by playing T1 you can get T2

- from T2, you can get T3

- finally, from T3, you can get T4

just for saying, i finished a T3 Defense one hour ago. here the rewards:

- x3 Fusion Core Rare 5 (rotation A)

- x3 Fusion Core Rare 5 (rotation A)

- x5 Fusion Core Rare 5 (rotation B)

- Wyrm Prime Cerebrum (rotation C)

many players complain about the rarity of the Fusion Cores.

seriously, you can play any mission and you will still grab dozen of them.

another example: Nyx Prime.

Nyx Prime Systems can be won as reward by playing three different types of missions (ie: T3 Exterminate).

still, Nyx Prime Chassis can be dropped by T3 Exterminate, only.

excuse me, what's the point to mix two pieces of the same Prime character into the same mission?

the problem should be clear and i doubt that developers are ignoring it.

drop tables need a rework, urgently.

i do not care Prime stuff. i'm not complaining about any damn drop rate. i am just trying to focus your attention on what players can potentially deserve if they keep playing to this game for hours or days.

personally speaking, i enjoy to play dailies for the following reasons:

- you must trust your team-mates

- you work hard to organize your team

- reward is unknown, but you want it and it's worth the job.

i remember the good times when players didn't ask for trading but they wanted to play. 24_tuzki_emoticon_by_allsmileys-d719bdj.

i remember a game poor of contents but exciting and unknown. yeah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

nowadays, you know everything about the game itself but you ask to yourself "seriously gotta play 30 minutes for that?"

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-023.gif

thanks.

-memeth

lol, just did a 40 rounds Orikin Derelict defense and this is what we got out of it:

05  - T1 Defense key

10  - T1 Defense key

15  -  R5 cores

20  - T2 Capture key

25  - T1 Defense key

30  - T1 Defense key

35  - Mutalist nav coordinate

40  - T2 Capture key

Excavation missions on earth give roughly the same rewards, and in shorter intervals at that, and you only need to fight lvl ~10 enemies there^^

@----Fenrir---- - hmmm in my opinion Excavations are the most balanced missions, somehow. there why.

lately (and usually) players play Excavation/s because they are looking for Fusion Cores (Rare 5 etc.), Cryotic and Orokin Void Keys. you always win some Orokin Void Keys according with the tier of the mission itself.

for example: you may want to farm Orokin Void Keys Tier 3 from Triton, Neptune (lvl26-28 = Tier 2).

again, you try to farm Orokin Void Keys Tier 4 from Heiracon, Pluto (lvl50+ = Tier 3). and so on.

( resource: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Keys )

at this point my suggestion should be clear: cut off Orokin Void Keys from Derelict/Orokin Void drop-tables.

it's not a permanent solution, obviously. it's a beginning.

already, Mutalist Nav Coordinate/s can be constantly grabbed... wanna speak about Orokin Cells? pfff...

somehow i understand that new players must have the possibility to find Orokin Void Keys anywhere. again, you are a new player - you want to farm Orokin Void Keys - you waste your precious Orokin Void Keys in order to find more underrated Orokin Void Keys? what!? in my opinion, it doesn't make any sense to win Orokin Void Keys from Orokin Void Keys themselves.