[DE]Rebecca

Operation: Shadow Debt

Edit: after I verified the cache and rebooted the router I got 3 missions straight (solo) where Acolytes spawned next to the starting point :D Maybe the luck is turning it's tables or I've got finally those tilesets that work "properly".

Ok. I can confirm it. After verifying the cache and reboot of the router the missions are working now as they should. The prob was presumably at my end. And now I'm having extremely fun with the event :) And because Acolytes are easy to bring down I decided to rise the challenge and play with a gamepad :D Omg I so enjoy the nightmare missions. Energy drain, no shields and so on.

Epic fight: Nightmare energy drain with Nova. Dread went out of ammo and sonicor did not do proper damage :D

You got it wrong, u will get those stuff after final challenger appear which is after we as community kills those 5 Acolyte

Thanks hunter , I get it now.

It's cool that there's new content added regularly, but I wish they would do something to make gameplay more enjoyable rather than constantly increasing the grind. The game becomes less and less fun because they implement new things without implementing interesting ways to acquire them. Instead they give us missions to grind to maybe get the chance to get our hands on some of the new stuff before they're put into a list of crap to be sold by a guy who only shows up once ever 2 weeks with 1-3 mods that you cant buy unless you grind the void to collect blueprints of useless junk you already have 500 copies of. Nevermind that a lot of people have work and school and miss out on a lot of the new stuff making their only way to get some of it a maybe once once every 3-4 months because the void trader won't have it until then or to pump money into the game to buy them for ridiculous prices from stingy players. There needs to be a better way to handle new content before pumping it out because the way it works now is unbelievably frustrating.

• Upvote 6

Yo, what happened to guaranteed event mods? The drop rates on these new mods are terrible, this sucks....

I know i'm *@##$in up the wrong tree.. but this is so true.   Over 50 torment missions (and i abort if I get my hyrdaulic mod to save time) and 2 blood rushes among the worthless ones.    Should be something a little more fair for the amount of time put in.   This grinding just gets old.     I know, I know, I've said it before myself, "well, no one forced you"  but the truth is i've invested a butload of time into this and I want to enjoy this game but it's as if DE doesn't.   I get that there is a certain amount of grind sure, but 50 missions.. that's 2% and nothing.   What could the dev's possibly think here?   It's not like i'm drawn into the gameplay, because that's ridiculous.   Being forced to do boring missions searching the map for the tile set, hopefully your group is smart enough not to activate a timed exit or worse, 2 or more sitting at extraction despite your pleas.     There's nothing even remotely enjoyable... all for a very very slim chance at random luck?   Come on.... enough is enough.

How about I Grind with a guarantee like past events.      You Tenno give 1% total damage.. you get the set.   or whatever.    That's tolerable.. but theoretically, I could put in 8 hours a day and i'm not guaranteed crap.   Them's the rules... like em or leave.    Well that's where it's pushing.     

And I'm not just ranting... I played over 90 formorian missions just to get a single receiver.    I definitely fell with that 2% mark.. but at least I got bloody cores for it.    THIS?    Just random luck.   No Good DE  No darn Good.

Would I be saying this if I got Argon scope in my 1st go?   5th go?  25th?   Probably, because it's the principle of the thing.    It just doesn't make market sense.   I have plenty of plat.   I could easily buy it for whatever they're asking, but I want to earn it.    And that's just it... There's no guarantee I can.     I'm either blessed with random luck or i'm not.    To me, that's probably one of the biggest beefs the community has.    There comes a point when even seasoned veterans are gonna get fed up and realize... whoa... what am i doing?      So, if you're listening... think about it.    We're not just complaining to complain... I know there is lots of that.     Engage your customers into wanting to play this great game.   Not baiting them with the possibility they MIGHT get something special.   Let us earn it.

• Upvote 6

YES

EDIT: Question- Sometimes the Acolytes don't seem to spawn on the node they are supposed to spawn in. I sat in one of the nodes for 5-10 minutes with no Acolyte and we just did a run without one as well. Is this intentional or is this a bug?

This has been happening to me in most of my runs so far. either it doesn't spawn, or it takes foreeeever.

Why is there an 8d countdown then?

I think the timer is for completing those first two steps, if you don't do those missions, the 2 spy/2MD's, plus get the 10 Acolyte kills during those 8ish days, you can't get the rewards for doing those portions.  At least thats how I'm reading it.  If not, there is no way in hell we'll kill 5 of these guys in the time they've given up.

If you run the mission, fight the acolyte, get a mod drop you don't want/have 30 copies of, and then abort, your personal progress (i.e. 'Acolytes Encountered' in the World State window) still ticks up. Is your progress counted for the community as well? I'd like to know so we can help the community make their own decisions about their time but also help each other out towards this event as a whole.

I think it should be made a bit more user friendly, as in the Acolytes spawning at once on maps they are in like when they appear on Eris, Akkad. Looking for rooms beyond the objective is fun only the first 50 times.

Also I do agree the mods should be in sets which we obtain by participating and fulfilling certain requirements or complete certain objectives instead of another RNG grind, on top of having to actually locate the Acolytes.

Speaking of which... I'm not too fond of that mechanic either. Something a bit more static, or more time on each map or planet, would make more sense.

As far as time limits... Everyone's now farming just Torment for the Crits(Related to the problem of the mods not being offered in sets nor being guaranteed under certain conditions) and even so it seems impossible to down it in 8 days... So... How are we supposed to grind down 3 Acolytes!? I'm not even counting the remaining 2 and their boss(Misery I think?).

If they wanted to make it difficult they could just make the encounters lengthier and more involving(I'm in no way implying I'd prefer them to be 1ShotKill + 9999999999999999999Health sponges). There are no tactics involved at all. I barely notice the abilities they use or understand if they actually are dangerous, neither do the rest of my team most of the time.

Well I guess I'll just keep grinding. Can't be helped.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone noticed that scanning the acolytes does not reveal any info in the codex? I know i have full scans since they show up green now along with the new grineer enemy with the sentinals flying around him.

Edited by Busterwulf1980

HEllo

First of all i liked when Rebecca announced there will be an event that involves "Stalker " , we're gratefull that they put effort to bring new content to the community But !

Problems that if u scan the acolytes or the new shadow debt mobs no codex entry and  thats a shame because its Half Work seems to me .

We did like 50-100 run so far and only one Rare mod ? (drop chance boost for everyone not affecting ), no corpse to desecrate no ivara pickpocket no hydroid to pilfer just enter the map kill acolyte then abort . 

Yes most of the players abort because Time is money , and not worth to get mission reward if u already know that Acolyte dropped useless mod !

Another problem they flee so fast , barely use skills , or dmg high end players .

I know that is hard to make events thats meet the expectations , but pls Fomorian is the same to short ,  easily  can complete .

From other MMO that i played (yeah cube power 16 years of experience ) event is giving Usefull item so players can be stronger faster prettier :)

Bronze mods not really that usefull when u want to play against  sortie mobs :)

Best of regards Higany83 -HMK-

The notes indicate 5 acolytes but in-game there are only 3, which gives us access to 3x4=12 new mods. Where are the other 2 acolytes?

D.E. You have defiled Limbo! My b00tiful Waifu!

Your actions have consequences...

Edited by momodou

OPERATION: SHADOW DEBT! Begins at 4 p.m EST!

-huge snip-

Q: Can we get as much Event mods as possible? Or is this predetermined by 1 of each for each player?

heh.

the Mods from Alcoloytes should be End of Mission Rewards.

so Players aren't being incentivized to quit out of Missions.

strange oversight considering we have a lot of things in the game as End of Mission Rewards, some changed to avoid slimeballs, and some to force successful completion to earn reward.

yet, somehow we forgot that for this Event? confus.

• Upvote 1

A major tip for any1 having trouble finding the Acolytes, there's a condition you must meet while in the mission. There are 2 extra mobs that actually come with the Acolytes kill them in the mission the Acolyte will spawn 100% of the time, and extra tip is the acolyte mission will end while you're in the mission even if you had kill the extra 2 mobs and hasn't spawned he will NOT spawn. These 2 mobs look like Aladv; hopefully this has helped you in a way ill post the names and screenshots of the mobs when the Acolytes found again.

If you have any adjustments to my post please do so

For all the times i have played the Acolyte hunt i can say this information is false.

heh.

the Mods from Alcoloytes should be End of Mission Rewards.

so Players aren't being incentivized to quit out of Missions.

strange oversight considering we have a lot of things in the game as End of Mission Rewards, some changed to avoid slimeballs, and some to force successful completion to earn reward.

yet, somehow we forgot that for this Event? confus.

^this, they really should be end of the mision rewards

qustion why dont they have a codex on them makes me sad they could have had some cool lore for the Acolytes :(

How come when I scan these Acolytes they don't appear in my codex, is that a bug or intentional? Because I have a complete scan report on Torment, and he doesn't appear in my codex. Someone help...I'm lost..