The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rotation Rewards - (Defense, Intecerption, Etc.)

MetallicD3ath

So I was running an archwing defense mission.

Nevermind the fact that it's archwing except for the fact that, for some reason, archwing missions have at least a 10x chance to trigger a disconnect for me (there's no reason this should be happening, but let's assume for now that it's something on my end.)

Regardless, we reached wave 14 before I disconnected.

I reconnected, I missed out on the wave 15 reward because they completed it without me.

Then I made it the rest of the way to wave 20...and received wave 5 rewards.

Considering the fact that you can't join a mission in progress at this point [i.e. 'you can't join because the mission objective has already been completed'] UNLESS you were previously in the same mission (This means you were THERE the WHOLE TIME already, and you simply had a minor network issue), I feel that we should be able to get the wave 20/rotation C rewards if we rejoin a mission in progress.

My friends who were running the mission got two archwing parts that they all already had, but that I was lacking. I, the one member of the group who actually needed the parts, got nothing. I'd understand not getting the wave 15 rewards as I was not present when they dropped, but I'd have had to have been present for most of the run to even be able to rejoin at that point. (You're locked out of joining as early as wave 4. I know, because I've gotten instead a host migration as early as wave 3 and been split from the party).

I know this won't affect most people, but it would drastically help the players that decide to continue to play the game despite having a poor network connection (or weird issues with a specific game mode).

If someone else has made this suggestion in the past, I apologize as I did not find/see their suggestion, so I am making the suggestion anew.

tl;dr : any mission that works on rotation, don't punish a player for disconnecting by giving them the low tier rewards. If they made it wave 1-14 and rejoined for 16-20, I feel they deserve the wave 20 rewards.