Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Error 10054 And Other Chat Fun

[DE]Glen

DE_Glen, my comments were not directed at you in any way, but the game in general.

I have never had an issue with any other game chat even with my Vonage box, so that leaves me thinking it is WF more than Vonage. Of course I cannot live without a phone, so I run the game without chat.

I am not feeling the love either so we both feel let down as a result of the chat.

Edited by Fiia

I have never had an issue with any other game chat even with my Vonage box, so that leaves me thinking it is WF more than Vonage. Of course I cannot live without a phone, so I run the game without chat.

Fiia, try to see if you can get a friend to borrow you a Switch, and try this setup:

awY9GpZ.png

It might work, since it allows your vonage box and PC to access the internet at the same time, without filtering your PC through your Vonage box and breaking IRC.

I've spend *days* on this, pouring over network captures from failure cases -- time and again I see malfunctioning network equipment.

I feel you. I've spent quite a few time in similar boats with similar problems.

And as a user who would very much like to see the MOTD on ingame IRC one day, I am also in your boat.

There's also a lot of frustration for those afflicted, but don't let them rock your boat too hard and focus on those that grab an oar to help and row.

Because otherwise, only the sharks are going to win. x)

I'm not feeling the love here; maybe I should work on something else where people will actually appreciate my efforts?

It's hard for people to comprehend I suppose, all they see is their problem and not the soul that's working hard to fix it. D:

♥♥♥ But I'm sending all the love I've got available, if that counts. ♥♥♥ :D

So thanks for all the hard work. It's really appreciated!

(Sent you a new comment on the Support Ticket btw :3)

It's a great idea to make the chat again from scratch. Warframe is the only game which the chat doesn't work at all for some people (like me).

Depends, might be a whole damn worth of work. I think it's wiser to see what's wrong currently, I'm sure it's fixable...

Edited by Sherbniz

Sherbniz, thank you. I do not know anyone that would have such a device.

What would I search for on Newegg in order to consider purchasing one? I am not sure of the proper name for this box.

Thanks again.

Edited by Fiia

Sherbniz, will this one be fine?

Oh yeah it looks good enough I suppose! :)

I have never heard anything about this brand (neither good, nor bad), but a quick research reveals them as "decent budget hardware"... so I'd say go for it. If it doesn't fix the problem, would it be possible to send it back?

Alternatively it would be handy to keep it around to connect more PCs to your Modem (Lan Party anyone? :D).

Edited by Sherbniz

OK! So after reading everything here and trying it all I got a small amount of progress.

I did all the IRC tests and everything came back fine. So, since it worked for one guy I tried it and changed my firmware to DD-WRT and SOMETHING HAPPENED! Not fixed but I got the, what I assume since I've NEVER seen chat, opening message from the Lotus of

"

5/4/2013 14:09

Seeking Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor in all Training

Be Respectful

Loyalty is the Essential Duty of a Soldier

"

Now I'd never seen this before at all. This message comes up in my Regional, Clan, and Council message boxes and then it gives me the standard "Failed to connect..... ERROR 10053"

Anyone got any ideas on something new to try? I mean anything.... I'll find a small critter and sacrifice it to the dark gods of chat if anyone can confirm it working.....

OK! So after reading everything here and trying it all I got a small amount of progress.

I did all the IRC tests and everything came back fine. So, since it worked for one guy I tried it and changed my firmware to DD-WRT and SOMETHING HAPPENED! Not fixed but I got the, what I assume since I've NEVER seen chat, opening message from the Lotus of

"

5/4/2013 14:09

Seeking Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor in all Training

Be Respectful

Loyalty is the Essential Duty of a Soldier

"

Now I'd never seen this before at all. This message comes up in my Regional, Clan, and Council message boxes and then it gives me the standard "Failed to connect..... ERROR 10053"

Anyone got any ideas on something new to try? I mean anything.... I'll find a small critter and sacrifice it to the dark gods of chat if anyone can confirm it working.....

After doing some test with DE_Glen I too saw the message - I too never saw it before. As far as I know I don't think there's much more to do, it doesn't seem to be a problem that can be fixed easily :L

I can also see the MOTD when I log in (followed by 10054)!

These changes he made are bearing fruit! Awesome! :)

Something that will definitely help resolving this was also brought with the recent hotfix:

- Added better back-end diagnostics for chat server connection issues.

Good stuff!

Thanks for all the hard work DE_Glen! :D

and if my problem started after the last patch what then, im unconvinced that it has anything to do with my router and or my ISP.

It was fine for me since the day i started, which is a few months ago until bam today its gone.10060 error left and right.

Edited by Xt1nCtION

This has been happening to me for a week or so now. At first I thought it was just some one off thing but I've not been able to speak in game since then.

It's so wierd cause it looks like it comes back, I get the MOTD for my clan and then moves right to Error 10053. IT really sucks cause I'd have to run void missions alone now instead of sharing with the clan.

I've been playing Warframe for the past few months, but  starting from yesterday the chat server is acting up for me. I can play (Solo, joining people's session on my contact lists) BUT  I've not been able to get in touch with my clan members or other players on the region chat because I can't seem to connect to the chat server. In other words, I'm not able to chat with ANYONE but I can still play normally. I'm getting ERROR 10060 on the chat server. Now now, what I did was connecting to warframe USING A VPN (HOTSPOT SHIELD) which fix the problem for me, BUT no way I'm playing warframe THROUGH A VPN (It gets laggy for me). I'm not a computer geek so what I did was googling for countless hours and so I tried port forwarding port 80. 443. 3960, 3962 and maybe 6667 and 5900 too but that doesn't seemed to be the problem. Although I might have put the Server ID Adress (for Warframe????) wrongly in my router though because I don't know which IP adress they are using. I dunno what else to do..but for now connecting through a VPN is the only temporary solution for me. I hope you can figure out what's wrong with my connection.

IGN : ChrizzieCostanzie

So does anyone know if the staff are aware of this and are working on it or do we juz wait for update 9 and hope it will resolve this cause the game isn't coop anymore u cant chat with squad clan anything its like a single player game 

So does anyone know if the staff are aware of this and are working on it or do we juz wait for update 9 and hope it will resolve this cause the game isn't coop anymore u cant chat with squad clan anything its like a single player game

They are aware of the problem, DE_Glen asked me to do some tests, he concluded that I had the same problems as others and that he may be closer to know what's causing the problem, or something like that :B

Don't worry guys, they are working really hard to fix the chat for everyone.

New attempts to fix things might always lead to complications, but the devs wouldn't leave it broken for you either, I'm sure.

So if new problems emerged for you, let them know and they'll have it all fixed up soon I'm sure. :)

And don't be mad, they're doing their best!

I'm sure some may have done this but I thought I might add these as possible fixes.  I've had issue in past with other software was able to fix by doing the following (except vonage, cause I don't have)

I have a question concerning this issue, is anyone running antivirus/firewall suites?  you might check and put a rule to allow that in the software.

for those that forward and are still having an issue try port triggering instead as with port forwarding your local ip (192.x.x.1 or 10.x.x.1) may change unless it's reserved in dhcp or statically assigned to that computer.

for vonage to check your port you need to login and go to the tech support page to check your ports being used.

this is what you need to check once there, just to see if they might be using the same ports as wf does, rare but maybe

You can determine the model of your phone adapter, the number of phone ports on the adapter, and the assignment (Vonage phone number) of each port.

1. Sign in to your Online Account.
  2. Click the Summary tab and under My Numbers, click a phone number if applicable.
  3. Go to Features & Settings and click Adapter & 911 Settings. The model of your adapter and the port assignments display.

for vonage to check your port you need to login and go to the tech support page to check your ports being used.

this is what you need to check once there, just to see if they might be using the same ports as wf does, rare but maybe

You can determine the model of your phone adapter, the number of phone ports on the adapter, and the assignment (Vonage phone number) of each port.

• Sign in to your Online Account.
  • Click the Summary tab and under My Numbers, click a phone number if applicable.
  • Go to Features & Settings and click Adapter & 911 Settings. The model of your adapter and the port assignments display.

I tried moving my Vonage port from 1 to 2 and when I did I had no internet at all until I changed it back. Not sure what that means or if it is fixable but I am very limited in knowing what to do with this.

прошу прощения, может это и не по теме, но мои друзья постоянно offline, даже если они online. мы с ними 1  ранга, 1 регион поиска, живем в 1 городе, но игра их не видит. Исправьте пожалуйста.(Russian)