Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Error 10054 And Other Chat Fun

[DE]Glen

Looks like firewall rule is preventing you from even making the outbound connection.

Yeah when i deactivate the windows defender it works, i think the problem where that the Defender and my McAfee Enterprise where running together

But before the hotfix i didn't have this problem that's wired

This has less impact on many public IRC servers because they do reverse-DNS lookups for your IP address so instead of welcoming you by your 64.12.13.111 IP you get welcomed as dyn1234.comcast.west.com or something non-numeric that your router doesn't try to substitute. However, to support 30,000 users at once on the same IRC server we turn off these reverse-lookups to save time and this leaves use wide open to being screwed over by bad routers. My fix was to modify the server software to avoid every sending you a packet with your IP address in it.

Ah, so that's why some of my IRC stuff works and others don't..

Wow, thanks for sharing all that, Glen. I'm gobsmacked anyone would think translating the packet content like that was a good idea. You've given me some great ammunition for when I switch out of my ISP in a few days. I'll also have those Wireshark captures to prove how bad their router/firmware is.

Now I've gotta figure out how to send some goodies to Canada... ;)

I'm not having the numerical errors myself, but I am having 'issues' with trying to hit 'T' to talk.  I even reset my bindings, etc, what not.  Its been happening since the 8.0 patch.  Granted, I know its a 'less chatter more splatter' game, as I wind up usually using Skype with my buddies, but for PUGs I like to throw a bit of humor in, or ask the valid questions when it pops up.  So yeah, about half the time I can't even talk at all, sometimes, I can EVENTUALLY get the chat to pop up when I mash the T button for a few seconds, even then its kinda haphazard.  I don't know if its the same kinda of issues with the router or not, as I'm using a Motorola UVERSE (DSL2) Modem that ATT sent me back in November.  Its a POS, but about the only thing I can use on the line, go go ATT for propitiatory line service.

But yeah, mostly unless I missed it somewhere else in this thread, or I didn't search hard enough, is there any 'fix' to it, or is it simply a known bug to be fixed in another upcoming patch?

I'm not having the numerical errors myself, but I am having 'issues' with trying to hit 'T' to talk.  I even reset my bindings, etc, what not.  Its been happening since the 8.0 patch.  Granted, I know its a 'less chatter more splatter' game, as I wind up usually using Skype with my buddies, but for PUGs I like to throw a bit of humor in, or ask the valid questions when it pops up.  So yeah, about half the time I can't even talk at all, sometimes, I can EVENTUALLY get the chat to pop up when I mash the T button for a few seconds, even then its kinda haphazard.  I don't know if its the same kinda of issues with the router or not, as I'm using a Motorola UVERSE (DSL2) Modem that ATT sent me back in November.  Its a POS, but about the only thing I can use on the line, go go ATT for propitiatory line service.

But yeah, mostly unless I missed it somewhere else in this thread, or I didn't search hard enough, is there any 'fix' to it, or is it simply a known bug to be fixed in another upcoming patch?

Do you use the sprint toggle? I've noticed when I have the toggle on (bound to shift), I can't access the chat box, have to toggle it off again and then hit t twice to bring up the chatbox.

uh hi i dont know if this is the right place to say this, it seems theres a problem in the uranus/ oberon exterminate mission, as im doing the mission and after taking down some of the enemies, theres 1 or 4 enemies left, the marker leads/points me in the extraction point not on the remaining enemies, but i still try to look for the remaining enemies but cant find them... ive done this many times now, but same result happens... i cant finish the planets mission. pls help.... thanks

uh hi i dont know if this is the right place to say this, it seems theres a problem in the uranus/ oberon exterminate mission, as im doing the mission and after taking down some of the enemies, theres 1 or 4 enemies left, the marker leads/points me in the extraction point not on the remaining enemies, but i still try to look for the remaining enemies but cant find them... ive done this many times now, but same result happens... i cant finish the planets mission. pls help.... thanks

lol not even the right thread

go here and post a new thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/27-mission-bugs/

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last two days I’ve spent some time working with some loyal Tenno to try to figure out why some of you cannot connect to our in-game chat system; several users were kind enough to run all kinds of tests for me and the results were as fascinating as they were vindicating. In short, both users had problems of their own that had nothing do to with Warframe. The only common link seemed to be that they had similar routers and our QA staff have started to use similar hardware to see if they can reproduce the same problem in their lab.

Hmmm, have you considered anti-DDOS software? Chat software <and servers> send data back and forth even when idle...perhaps anti-DDOS software is getting triggered by some threshold or setting? Either at the server end (as the message indicates) or somewhere along the route?

Ok, mine had a problem but it was Windows firewall had Warframe partially blocked on (public) access and open on (private). Since Steam is involved if a user does not accept all of the requests for PC access, the Chat and other game functions are effected. I had to select allow Public and Private on Windows 8. That's 1 important question, what O/S are they using. Do they allow or disallow Public and Private on a Home group. I looked at my firewall and Warframe was blocked on Public but accepted on Private. Sometimes my text does not show up after finishing a map or mission as well... I could play the game no problem with Firewall blocked, but Chat would not function at all.

Edited by Terry3373

I got this pesky problem of the chat not working.

- Checked firewalls - no problem there.

- Checked public/private settings for win7, no problems there either.

- Tried Disabling Anti-Virus and Firewalls. No effect.

Edited by FatPokemon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

getting error 10054 alot now, along with lag and host migration and connection to host lost, router type is a comtrend ct-5372, exceptions for warframe are added in my antivirus firewall along with my network  performing  fine, i have no issues with any other program but warframe, can paly tera, raiderz, dota2, dragon prophet and c9 perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

Uninstall Warframe and go on with your life

true :C

The only thing that I can say is that 10054 started for me exactly at the day update 11 was released. Since then, 10054 is being displayed every few minutes, sometimes I am being kicked off the game.

• 1 month later...

I've had the error 10060 for months now... Back when I first started playing, chat worked fine... then one of the updates, and I haven't been able to use any of the chats since then... I log in, it happens, and keeps happening... I sent in a ticket a while ago, and only reply I got back was basically "yeah, we know"..... seems others have theirs fixed (and that's good) but when does mine get fixed? This makes it so difficult when trying to run things like Void or Derelict missions.....

• 6 years later...

Hello from 2021 (almost). Still 10054 make our brains.

I have a question, why have people been experiencing this problem for 8 years, and you can't just take and replace this chat with some other one? 8 years, Carl!

maybe it's time to do it, don't you think so?

the only game where chat is a huge frustration =\

ok, I bought a new router, your chat started working, everything worked except your chat. So do not expect help and solutions to problems from Digital Extreme - just pay!

Edited by DeathCoreLeo
  • Like 1