Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blood Rush Mechanics?

ZukeSangue

Question

7 answers to this question

It's the modvalue (max is 165%, or 1.65) multiplied by the current combo multiplier. 

So a combo multiplier of 0.5x would give you a critmod of half of 1.65, or 0.825, or 82.5%. You then take this decimal and multiply it by your weapons unmodified crit chance. Also, don't forget the base 1, or you'll be reducing your crit chance by 17.5%, rather than increasing it by 82.5%. 

So at a combo multiplier of 0.5x, a 25% crit chance weapon would be increase to (0.25 * 1.825) = 0.45625, or 45.6% crit chance. 

So then at 2x you'd be multiplying the 1.65 given by the mod by 2, to get 3.3, which you then add to the base 1 for a total mod value of 4.3. Multiply your native 25% by that and you'd get (0.25 * 4.3) = 1.075, or a 107.5% chance to score a critical hit. This means that at the 2x multiplier every single one of your attacks will be a critical hit, and you'll have a 7.5% chance to do a "red crit", which is essentially a critical hit at double your critical damage multiplier (usually double your final damage, unless you mod it.)

Ok thanks for getting my head around the numbers... But I'm thinking it may work off the modded crit chance.. So maybe like this ((1.2*2)+1)*0.425 which would give me a 144.5% crit chance... With the amount I have captured, I'm pretty sure that is how it works.. Just wanted to throw my idea of there see if others are getting something similar in game

Mmm, it's certainly possible. Its' technically a buff you receive during the mission, rather than a calculation that takes place in the arsenal. Similar to how Bane Mods affect your final damage since their only stipulation is that they do increased damage against a certain faction. On the other hand, DE doesn't traditionally favor 

Without any additional crit mods, your crit chance according to my current formula should be: 

0.25 * (1+(1.65 * 2)) = 107.5% Crit Chance

At 107.5% you are going to start seeing red crits, but they'll still be fairly sparse. At 144.5% crit chance you should be seeing red crits very frequently. True Steel + Naramon would see you with a Crit Chance at around 130%. I guess my next question is: Do you have any other crit related mods equipped? 

Acos, are you certain that this is how Blood Rush works?

What you're saying runs contradictory to the wiki on the subject: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Rush

"Blood Rush increases critical chance for every increment of damage bonus achieved with the Melee Combo Counter, with each damage increment adding another instance of critical chance bonus"

What I'm reading from this is that, at each combo level, it calculates the mod % chance onto the base damage.

So combo level 1 (0.5x) = 165%

2 (1x) = 330%

3 (1.5x) = 495%

etc. etc. etc.

Your math is oddly specific for a mod that has been out for all of two days. Where did you get your information?

I'm not saying you're wrong. But I'm saying that your math is confusing when both the information on the wiki and the text on the mod suggest it works differently than you're describing.

Mod says "165% Critical Chance stacks with Combo Multiplier"

I am preeeetty sure, that there's no "combo multiplier of 0.5x"

Blood Rush starts working at 1.5x combo multiplier (5 hits) and it starts working at 1.5*stated buff number.

Also, Blood Rush is a multiplicative bonus, that takes into an account your total critical chance.

Lastly, Naramon bonus is a next layer of multiplicative bonus.

I don't know with True Steel but for example Avenger gets applied before Blood Rush. My Destreza redcrits at 1.5 combo counter with avenger up.

20%*2.65+30%=83%

(20%+30%)*2.65=132.5%

And in my experience it works like this:

1x combo +0%

1.5x combo +165%

2x combo +330%

2.5x combo +495%

Etc

Edited by Autongnosis

Acos, are you certain that this is how Blood Rush works?

What you're saying runs contradictory to the wiki on the subject: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Rush

"Blood Rush increases critical chance for every increment of damage bonus achieved with the Melee Combo Counter, with each damage increment adding another instance of critical chance bonus"

What I'm reading from this is that, at each combo level, it calculates the mod % chance onto the base damage.

So combo level 1 (0.5x) = 165%

2 (1x) = 330%

3 (1.5x) = 495%

etc. etc. etc.

Your math is oddly specific for a mod that has been out for all of two days. Where did you get your information?

I'm not saying you're wrong. But I'm saying that your math is confusing when both the information on the wiki and the text on the mod suggest it works differently than you're describing.

Mod says "165% Critical Chance stacks with Combo Multiplier"

I believe in my rush to share information I tripped over my own observations. The Combo meter starts at 1.5x, so there is no "0.5x, half of crit chance" thing going on. I settled on a formula and then mis-remembered the in-game mechanics. Combined with new information from the wikia, other posts, and more testing I would just disregard my initial posts entirely. That's what I'm doing, anyway. 

I got my information from running a T4 Survival with my Dragon Nikana for an hour utilizing Blood Rush and Body Count. I made a specific note when I started seeing red crits (at the 3.5x mark) specifically because I wasn't sure if it worked like "165% added every combo rank" or if it was "165% multiplied by the combo rank". 

My understanding is that the formula should be: 

Base Crit Chance * (1 + (1.65 * Combo Meter)) = Final Crit Chance

Base Crit Chance being your weapon's crit value in the arsenal screen after mods like True Steel have been applied, 1 representing the base value, 1.65 being Blood Rush's influence, and the Combo Meter being the 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x, etc. This aligns with my observations since a 15% crit chance weapon wouldn't be seeing red crits until the 3.5x modifier, which is exactly when they started showing up for me. 

An important note here is that Blood Rush applies as a buff during the mission, rather than working like a mod in the arsenal screen. This means that whatever you go into the mission with is the number that Blood Rush modifies. So if you have a 25% crit chance weapon and throw on True Steel to raise yourself up to 40%, Blood Rush then influences your crit chance at 40%, rather than adding itself to the 0.6 modifier in the arsenal. It's the same mechanic that makes 'Bane' mods more useful than they might initially seem. 

A note about the wikia: That information was not there when I initially started figuring out the formula. It's maintained by normal people like you or me who have to either figure out the formula like I have been doing, datamine the information, or just secretly be [DE]Glenn (the horse one) and pull the formula from the actual game. While I'd give any information on the wikia a grain of salt, it usually endeavors to be correct... eventually.