Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.3

[DE]Rebecca

I'm sorry but i have to ask this: Why does this keep happening?

Why does DE constantly release something as punishing as these RNG roulettes, then hotfix it after massive community backlash?

I don't work at DE and even i can read the writing on the wall, can you honestly tell me that your QA team or devs were surprised by the community reaction to the overwhelming grind of this event?

Why do you keep repeating the same mistake, over and over and over?

It is incredibly disheartening as a huge fan of Warframe, and Digital Extremes...

You people are all thanking them for this fix, the fix that effectively doubles an abysmal drop rate and forces you to now complete the mission. Guys, the grind just increased and you are thanking them, use your brains.

Edited by Skaleek

Changes

• Added changes to reveal method of Acolyte Mod Drops to prevent stress on host-migration and matchmaking in the event of repeated mission aborts. Please note that now any Event Mod dropped by Acolytes will appear with the 'Rare' beacon and only be revealed at mission complete.

THANK YOU!

I was stuck soloing a Dark Sector defense, cause everyone left when an Uncommon mod dropped, that I didn't have.

Yesturday i was spending more time in loading screens and dealing with host migrations then actaully playing.

• Ferrite has replace Alloy Plate as a Resource Drop in Void missions.

Um, okay.

• Increased the mass of Excavator Power Cells so that they don't roll around the map (and out of reach) as easily.

Cool. Still dislike the current iteration, though.

• Enemies introduced on Operation Shadow Debt can now be scanned to reveal their Codex Entry. If you missed scanning any due to their swift death or otherwise, Acolytes will be introduced to the game outside of the event at a later date.

Does this mean Helios can actually scan them now?

• Game sessions can no longer be joined in-progress once an Acolyte Spawns. This prevents players from showing up late and missing out on the encounter entirely.

Well, that's a simple enough solution.

• Added changes to reveal method of Acolyte Mod Drops to prevent stress on host-migration and matchmaking in the event of repeated mission aborts. Please note that now any Event Mod dropped by Acolytes will appear with the 'Rare' beacon and only be revealed at mission complete.

... Oh.

• Changed the default Common/Uncommon/Rare drop rate system for Acolyte enemies to have a more equalized distribution of drops across the rarities. In doing so, the rate that Uncommon and Rare mods drop has been increased by double, and the rate at which Common mods drop has been reduced.

While I'm glad to hear this, I'm glad for others.

At 258 acolytes (and no Argon Scope or Sharpened Bullets - a.k.a the ones I want from the ones I'm missing), I'm done. Particularly considering the change to mod-discovery.

-----

I'm sorry but i have to ask this: Why does this keep happening?

Why does DE constantly release something as punishing as these RNG roulettes, then hotfix it after massive community backlash?

Cynicism would say: Pushing the borders of how much RNG-grind the players will accept.

I mean, if there isn't an outcry, then *poof* - precedent! "This much is still alright. next take make it less".

What relation the above has to reality? I have no idea.

Edit: To clarify

I have no problem with ridiculously low drop rates for 'bonus' rewards, like the Rift Sigil or Slash mods in the Baliff event.

But for what is presumeably the basis of the new damage mod paradigm? Yeah no. F that.

It is incredibly disheartening as a huge fan of Warframe, and Digital Extremes...

Quite. Edited by Chroia

Just give us a set at the end of the event if we do X, Y or Z already. The rates are bad, we're drowning in Body Counts and Hydraulic, one of the acolytes is gone, and scans should work RETROACTIVELY if we bothered to scan them. Will they show up again? Who cares when we end up being bitter about the whole thing... It's something, but really it's just that. Just like I said in the operation's description post in these Forums, this was badly planned, and the implementation and changes to facilitate the operation's flow are even worse.

Sorry DE, you dropped the ball with this one.

And really now? In such a boring RNGFest of locate, hunt, grind and pray to RNG you DENY us the option to quit early if we have 485484395783495847 of the mod that an Acolyte might drop!? Really?!?!?

Once again I hate to say it, but DE has no sense of basic fairness. The event should not be changed mid-stream. Chanigng the drop rates after Torment is gone (seems popular) is kind of a slap in the face. Lets say you had obligations monday and tuesday and are free wed and thursday.

Well you missed torment's mods due to low drop rate and the abort issue (which is a non-issue really, aborting was a feature DE was well aware of when they created the event and not an exploit). The person who farmed torment and can't play as much wed-thursday will get more chances to get all the mods than you will.

IF they were going to make this change, they should have gone comepletly meta, and brought torment back with 50% health, (to represent the slower rate he should have been taken down at) and increased Angsta and Mania's health 30% each or so. This would have been an easy thing to do and it wouldn't leave a bad taste in people's mouths that farmed torment and didn't get argon scope and now the drop rates increased

(Disclaimer, I got Argon Scope and am not looking for Torrent to come back to farm him). 

It seems that changing thiings up mid stream is never a good idea. The event should be left as is, and the next event created with the lessons learned from this one.

Can you guys please look at head shots? with these new mods its really apparent that the way head shots are calculated/ achieved/ w/e is really messed up, requiring you to shoot enemies faces to get one, unless you have punch through because then the shot goes through their head and hits their faces.

Hotfix 18.4.3

ZtBrjRp.jpg

• Changed the default Common/Uncommon/Rare drop rate system for Acolyte enemies to have a more equalized distribution of drops across the rarities. In doing so, the rate that Uncommon and Rare mods drop has been increased by double, and the rate at which Common mods drop has been reduced.

fair enough

Hotfix 18.4.3

• Enemies introduced on Operation Shadow Debt can now be scanned to reveal their Codex Entry. If you missed scanning any due to their swift death or otherwise, Acolytes will be introduced to the game outside of the event at a later date.

Please tell me, that if you scanned them before they will pop up, cuz otherwise this is very cruel and punishing players for a "Bug" 

Edit: Thank you so much for this Reb!

Edited by LegionCynex