Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.3

[DE]Rebecca

Speaking in ignorant on how statistics work, @ 4% drop rate, 25 missions is not what it takes to acquire the mod. Thats the average it takes to acquire a mod, meaning about 50% chance to acquire the mod after 25 missions. You're looking at more like 15-35 missions as a realistic window, and if you take into account all 5 mods (Im counting torment even though hes now gone), thats 75-175 missions to acquire yourself a set of mods. Thats not a small number.

Although im already at 273, so i guess its better than what we had. Well it would be anyways, except we were able to do missions in about a minute due to aborting, now you're looking at having to complete missions. I dont have the data for average mission length or i'd be able to pump out an estimated time to acquire a full mod set.

Speaking of statistics, now I have 325 completed missions and only couple of spare rares. I don't know how I'd felt if after all those attempts I didn't get at least each rare.

The average mission lenght is about 2-3 to 5-7 minutes if you solo, longer in a team usually. That's why no one should do it in a team really (and cry after host aborts it after getting 100ish common mod), unless you just can't handle them alone.

I dont have the data for average mission length or i'd be able to pump out an estimated time to acquire a full mod set.

Depends on too many factors.

The ideal, as I understand it, is 5 minutes per reward, as per Survival.

Def is about inline with that.

Interception is 4 minutes for full capture, assuming you start with all 4 captured and have no downtime.

MD is ~3-6.5 minutes, not including travel.

Excavation... is a crapshoot atm.

Exterm/Crossfire (for a well-modded player), Capture, Decpetion are primarily limited by your traversal speed.

Spy, I have no ballpark for.

Edited by Chroia

I am a bit confused by this statement. Reading the second sentence in terms of numbers it would be something like this:

Rare 2% to 4%

Uncommon 10% to 20%

Common 88% to 76%

But the first sentence would be more like this

Rare 25%

Uncommon 35%

Common 40%

Which one is it?

FOUR PERCENT IS ONE IN TWENTY FIVE. WHICH IS A PERFECTLY REASONABLE DROP RATE. OKAY!?

Geez, people and wanting to be hand-fed everything with a silver spoon from a golden platter.

In either circumstance you still have to work for the mods so it is not really being "hand-fed everything".

It would be nice to have some clarification though.

Is Violence bugged? He dropped a mod but it never showed up in the mission results or my inventory. Kind of a bummer too, since it was the rare mod.

+10 runs on my end and I yielded the same results. None of my squad mates have been getting rewards either.

• Added changes to reveal method of Acolyte Mod Drops to prevent stress on host-migration and matchmaking in the event of repeated mission aborts. Please note that now any Event Mod dropped by Acolytes will appear with the 'Rare' beacon and only be revealed at mission complete.

- Ok, didn't see how this could have been that bad, I was doing this solo for hours and it didn't hurt anybody.

• Changed the default Common/Uncommon/Rare drop rate system for Acolyte enemies to have a more equalized distribution of drops across the rarities. In doing so, the rate that Uncommon and Rare mods drop has been increased by double, and the rate at which Common mods drop has been reduced.

- But the drop rates are still terrible, and the grind has been increased way more than the drop percentage.

Come on DE, we've been through this before. RNG makes for a bad time every time. Why not just make a community contribution goal? So that every player who killed an acolyte X number of times, will get the full set of mods after the event is over. Those who want to get the mods early can if they want but those of us who can't grind for ages can still get them.

It seems pretty obvious at this point that RNG is not the way to go.

• Added changes to reveal method of Acolyte Mod Drops to prevent stress on host-migration and matchmaking in the event of repeated mission aborts. Please note that now any Event Mod dropped by Acolytes will appear with the 'Rare' beacon and only be revealed at mission complete.

This SUCKS, is boring do 5 waves/mins or travel a whole map to get a common mod

Hotfix 18.4.3

• Changed the default Common/Uncommon/Rare drop rate system for Acolyte enemies to have a more equalized distribution of drops across the rarities. In doing so, the rate that Uncommon and Rare mods drop has been increased by double, and the rate at which Common mods drop has been reduced.

Who are you and what have you done with DE??

=======================

Still no fix for Shield Osprey blueprints not dropping from Cephalon Suda death squads. THIS IS GENUINELY BUGGED, PLEASE DO NOT DISMISS IT.

https://forums.warfr...t-not-dropping/

Posting this in every update/hotfix until it gets fixed.

Dear DE, do you want that our fellow Tenno send you a huge post-it with those things to remember : 

- Don't forget to add new enemies into the codex

- Don't forget to make new prisma weapons tradable? ^^

You make all the time the same mistakes... It is not agile development, uh. Be agile like a Tenno!

"Changed the default Common/Uncommon/Rare drop rate system for Acolyte enemies to have a more equalized distribution of drops across the rarities. In doing so, the rate that Uncommon and Rare mods drop has been increased by double, and the rate at which Common mods drop has been reduced."

What do you mean by "default" system? I assumed the Acolytes were working off their own drop table but had a guaranteed drop if we got them before they escaped? Is there another drop table available to them later, or is there another system governing their drops (as in another system that might affect OTHER drops that are now changed)? Or is this SOLELY for acolytes?

That "default" is just confusing me. >_<

This SUCKS, is boring do 5 waves/mins or travel a whole map to get a common mod

Sucks even more to not be awake the same hours and want some of the mods everyone else just aborts constantly for, and then potentially having to re-do annoying missions for.

I like this more. Too many pains in the a.sses farming for just the mods and leaving right away, leaving the rest of us (sometimes only me) to fend for our(my)selves.

Solo mod exists for a reason. Friend list exists for a reason. It's not other players fault you have to be carried through a simple miussion, it's not like it's a sortie or anything.