The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.3

[DE]Rebecca

Regardless of how the event goes, this RNG is ridiculous. Is this a food chain's idea or DE's? It's absolutely pointless, the only reason I could imagine an RNG wall and a score wall in a LIMITED TIME event would be to make money with people buying plat to buy the mods with, but that cancels out how much money they would make from people buying plat and giving it to another player who just got that ridiculous amount of plat for free. I've done about 120 runs now and not even one rare mod. It's a frustrating event and the grind seems foolhardy. You want to make good mods? awesome, I'm all for that. You want to make players work for it? Fine by me, more power to you. You want us to grind for hours and hours on an extremely limited boss so we get, knowing the normal drop rates of items, a 2% chance of getting just one of these good mods? No thank you, that is where the line needs to be drawn. RNG for an event like this is literally one of the worst ideas in the sad history of bad ideas of DE. This alienates your playerbase, makes macros and bots seem more and more appealing for this game, and makes people think about turning to other games.

Thanks for the Hotfix, and thanks for this especially:

"If you missed scanning any due to their swift death or otherwise, Acolytes will be introduced to the game outside of the event at a later date."

Maybe now we can play the event without feeling that we are "forced" to get all of the "event" mods.

Ferrite has replace Alloy Plate as a Resource Drop in Void missions.

so happy about this

• Enemies introduced on Operation Shadow Debt can now be scanned to reveal their Codex Entry. If you missed scanning any due to their swift death or otherwise, Acolytes will be introduced to the game outside of the event at a later date.

big + can now see what they drop 

• Game sessions can no longer be joined in-progress once an Acolyte Spawns. This prevents players from showing up late and missing out on the encounter entirely.

yes that was frustrating

• Added changes to reveal method of Acolyte Mod Drops to prevent stress on host-migration and matchmaking in the event of repeated mission aborts. Please note that now any Event Mod dropped by Acolytes will appear with the 'Rare' beacon and only be revealed at mission complete.

very good pach thx alor for it and the event is fun i can not wait to see the final part

Edited by zomby140

Hotfix 18.4.3

Changes

• Added changes to reveal method of Acolyte Mod Drops to prevent stress on host-migration and matchmaking in the event of repeated mission aborts. Please note that now any Event Mod dropped by Acolytes will appear with the 'Rare' beacon and only be revealed at mission complete.

RIP speedrunners

• Changed the default Common/Uncommon/Rare drop rate system for Acolyte enemies to have a more equalized distribution of drops across the rarities. In doing so, the rate that Uncommon and Rare mods drop has been increased by double, and the rate at which Common mods drop has been reduced.

Wait, you guys actually did something to improve the event?

MY BODY WAS NOT READY FOR THIS.

(Thanks.)

Well, I'm now officially burnt out on Warframe.  GG, DE.

I'm sure we can all agree that the RNG was strong with this event.  I have fought against Stalker's fanclub over 70 times and I have yet to see any of the mythical rare drops they seemingly drop.  Am I angry?  No.  Just tired of getting junk.  So instead of ranting I just want to know why this event wasn't actually... you know?  Fun?  It was at first, don't get me wrong.  The idea that Stalker has followers is pretty neat yet the way folks are forced to attack them over and over (and over) is not.  That is unless there was fixed incentive in doing such stuff?

Example: Defeat Torment 25 Times to receive all 4 mods.  Simple.  Effective.  Folks won't be ridiculing you for the RNG.  Everyone wins!

Edited by Aikurisu

Here some basic idea DE

On next event - instead of RANDOM DROP rate 

give to player token's \ points

so after - any player can go to Relay and get most wanted "stuff" from event-specific NPC

aaand all will be happy..

Edited by ScorpyX

• Enemies introduced on Operation Shadow Debt can now be scanned to reveal their Codex Entry. If you missed scanning any due to their swift death or otherwise, Acolytes will be introduced to the game outside of the event at a later date.
  • Game sessions can no longer be joined in-progress once an Acolyte Spawns. This prevents players from showing up late and missing out on the encounter entirely.
  • Changed the default Common/Uncommon/Rare drop rate system for Acolyte enemies to have a more equalized distribution of drops across the rarities. In doing so, the rate that Uncommon and Rare mods drop has been increased by double, and the rate at which Common mods drop has been reduced.

Much Needed............

That is unless there was fixed incentive in doing such stuff?

Example: Defeat Torment 25 Times to receive all 4 mods.  Simple.  Effective.  Folks won't be ridiculing you for the RNG.  Everyone wins!

This is a legit suggestion. I'm sure everyone would have been much happier with a fixed incentive as mentioned above. 25 Was what I was thinking of as appropriate, as well. 5 gets you the common, 10 gets you the first uncommon, 15 gets you the next, and then 25 gets you the rare. The thought behind the event, and the story with it, was pretty neat. The new mods dropping, however, seems to have been stressful for a lot of players.

Ferrite was a nice touch, though I was expecting Polymer Bundles, tbh. And maybe, just maybe another source of Neural Sensors.

Oh well, can't have it all in one day, I guess. 

As for the event...

How about equal drop rates for each mod, huh? That is, if you're dead set on introducing more RNG into a game wheer RNG is the most hated aspect...

I mean, really, 4% chance to get a good mod on a timed event? Because I tried killing the "hotfixed" Acolytes again yesterday. Got some common mods, then the acolyte was gone from the sector. So much for that. Not to mention Torment was dead by the time I got home and will likely be dead again by that time today. Sooo exciting.

Edited by Reifnir