The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many People Use Life Strike? (Poll Added)

DALOS

I use it because it's resource-free... I started using health/ energy pads a while back and noticed my cache of over 200k nanospores went down to 2k and resulted in me actually having to farm again on Saturn... :/

Still gotta farm for my energy pads, just not as much now that I used LS again

i can't use life strike on my excal (one wave can drain my entire power pool) so i use the quick function to my life pizza dropping.

Other than excal to be use on. I only see a waste of slot with that mod. Because of the large life pizza dropping

Life strike is a 1 simple mod that allow you to full heal without wasting anything but a little bit of energy, it's always build in in any of mine melee, even tho i running mostly with steel meridian stuff that can heal you. In other hand those who waste a whole weapon slot-secondaries, to simple heal with crappy furis...i don't get it, but it's ok, ppl loves what they loves

Edited by Hekovashi

I'd compare it more to punch-through than multishot. No one in the right mind will throw out multishot, but arguments could be made for punch-through. Same with life strike.

Personally, I run it with pretty much all my potatoed melees. Its a really decent "oh S#&$" go to whenever I start taking health damage on a non-healer frame. And with Glaive Prime, I don't even have to worry about getting myself into a vulnerable position.

On any Frame that is not a Valk build for Hysteria I slot LifeStrike. I even use it on my WarCry build, despite the fact I can press 4 and E once and gain all health back. Crutch? Yea. So is every 2nd or 3rd mod in this game, pretty much. Crutches or straight upgrades. It's still fair though, LifeStrike; We don't have potions, drop rates of health orbs aren't reliable to lean on and using health restoration pads is time consuming and roots you. We do have more than 1 Frame which can heal but they aren't very popular and I never see any of the healing Frames out there... Unless it's a specific mission where a specific method must be used.

So the gist of it, is that I use it and am fine with it if DE is. In other times I'd bother saying it takes away some value from Valk but who cares except me? :)

Wow, I can believe so many use life strike...and feel that its mandatory.

I wouldn't say it's mandatory in all builds, but I would say that if you are not using a frame that can heal, or spamming health restores, or using the Furis, then it's incredibly useful if you want to keep regenerating health. We don't have a lot of ways to get our health back if we don't have a healing frame, many people would rather not use the Furis and hold themselves to that secondary just for healing, and some feel the resource requirements for pads are more than they want to deal with. 

I would say Life Strike is mainly mandatory if you don't have any other heals and you are going for an endurance run. Otherwise it isn't necessity, it's just really helpful. But for long solo runs it's pretty much mandatory unless you have another good option. If you are trying to solo while melee facetanking it's pretty much mandatory if you want to go really long. But no not truly mandatory definitely not.