Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for Mods

Saavedro

Hello! I've been playing Warframe quite a bit lately, and have come up with a few suggestions and ideas concerning mods.

Mod Organization

Mods are currently tucked away in a "Misc Items" window of the Inventory screen. I believe they should have their own dedicated page where they can be organized and sorted more easily. It's a chore going through 20+ pages of mods, mousing over each one to see what they do, and pick out the ones to sell.

If they got their own proper section, it could have:

-Show mod stats (don't have to mouse over)

-Sort mods by type

-Sort mods by level required

-Sort mods by rarity

-Sort mods by least/most expensive

-etc etc

This would be a much welcome change to be able to see my mods and what they do at a glance.

Alert Missions

The alert missions without the "?" rewards are generally ignored. How about making it so that you get one guaranteed mod at the end of it, instead of the credit reward? Green or blue quality and around your level. If they don't want it, they can sell it and get credits anyways.This could get people doing them more, hoping for some better mods.

Or, basic alert missions could have a much higher chance to drop mods during it.

Frame-Specific Mods

I know there's already some in the game, but, they do the same things as general Warframe mods (as far as I can tell). So how about making them for our special abilities instead?

Examples off the top of my head:

-Mag Mod: Increased stun duration after a Pull by %

-Loki Mod: Decoys now explode in % Fire/Electric damage upon death

-Excalibur Mod: Temporarily burns enemies affected by Radial Blind by %

-Volt Mod: Players shooting through Electric Shield adds % Electricity damage to their attacks

-etc etc

This could add a lot more customizability to the game and maybe even new play styles if done correctly.

Mod Foundry

After a while we accumulate a bunch of mods. We sell the mods and gain a vast amount of credits. Then we gather up a good amount mods again. Could sell them, but we have so many credits than we know what to do with! A Mod Foundry could help on both of those issues.

Combine compatible mods together at a cost of credits!

Say I have two shotgun mods, both have 20% reload speed. Spend a good amount of credits to combine them for one 40% reload speed mod. The level of the mod would have to scale up accordingly somehow, and there would probably need to be a cap of some sort, too. I doubt the game designers would want players running around with four 100% clip size mods in their Gorgons, hehe. But, this could give people something more to work for after they've already made the Warframes and weapons they want, and have a ton of credits laying about.

Thank you for reading!

-Saav

Great ideas.

Gotta have a better way to organise and check through all my mods. I gave up after hitting 30 pages and just let them stack up now. not like I need the cash what with my 500k creds.

When I do get a bunch of mods in a mission, I'll check my weapons and go to the last tab to see what the new mods are and decide if I want them or not. New mods are always put on the last page in the order you got them in.

Yes, the class specific mods are basically the same as regular warframe mods. You present an awesome way to make them more unique and useful. I really like this idea.

Combining similar mods for cash is another fantastic idea. It would be a great money sink, and possibly come with a "chance" of not only failure (and losing one of the mods as well as credits) but also of critical success where the mod gains an extra random stat, or gets an extra 50% bonus to whatever the combined would be IE: 2x 20% armour > Crit success into 1x 50% armour instead of 40%. Or it could be a 40% armour + 10 shield capacity.

This could be a way to also add new platinum items, such as protectors (that save all mods on a failure, but not creds) or chance increasers both normal and crit success, etc...

There would certainly have to be a hard limit to bonuses on mods. EG: Can't go over +100 sheild cap on a single mod, can't go over +20% crit chance, etc.

Edited by Nitris