Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Falloff For More Weapons?

sLashx189

title.... i mean i kinda dont want people killing me with a braton from across the map anymore :/, kinda chesses me, some weapons like autos should only be good at mid to short range fights, then somethig like semi auto that should be amazing at long ranges..... i dunno, this could be nice, for me, but if u guys agree or dont agree, tell me why i guess 

\_(>.>)_/

Edited by lashakanisgod

This is a game that depicts a sci-fi world of the future. Trying to apply current real world science isn't going to do anything.

It's a problem of game-play, not a problem on realism. And it wouldn't be so unrealistic for futuristic weapons to lose "damage" or momentum as they travel, or for beams to dissipate or become weaker at certain distances. Although they could use that excuse to not edit the falloff, it would also be it's own counterargument.

it needs like 2.5 seconds to kill with 50% headshots, i doubt theres anything worst leaving symulor aside

looking at the UI is should be like 1.5 seconds, but my point is that it cant compete within its own class, i dont want noobs to be objectively underpowered by any other reason than picking paris when they cant land any arrow lol

Edited by rockscl

it needs like 2.5 seconds to kill with 50% headshots, i doubt theres anything worst leaving symulor aside

looking at the UI is should be like 1.5 seconds, but my point is that it cant compete within its own class, i dont want noobs to be objectively underpowered by any other reason than picking paris when they cant land any arrow lol

It does 36 damage

This is a game that depicts a sci-fi world of the future. Trying to apply current real world science isn't going to do anything.

People seem to say this a lot. Yes its a sci-fi futuristic game but real life humans are still playing it so if you stray to far from real logic the game will become a mess.

Fall off dmg being from real life logic doesnt make it nonviable for a game especially if without it, it makes other weapons obsolete

People seem to say this a lot. Yes its a sci-fi futuristic game but real life humans are still playing it so if you stray to far from real logic the game will become a mess.

Fall off dmg being from real life logic doesnt make it nonviable for a game especially if without it, it makes other weapons obsolete

I completely agree, the Boltor Prime says it is ineffective in long range, but it doesn't actually fall off :/. Also there are not too many maps to make snipers tactically useful.

Edit: People just use snipers as a boomstick

I saw this m1 green as grass destroy with grakata from across map. Ik i suck but man it was powerful.

Braton prime still snipes better than any other sniper at under 60 meters. This should not be a thing.

he guys thanks for the replies, i thought i was the only one who thought this should be a thing :p... and also

buff mk1 braton 

why????? its a beginner weapon, its meant to be S#&$, beginners can also easily buy the braton, which has a higher dps, there is no reason to bull the mk1 braton 

It does 36 damage

Where are you getting that number? I just tried out the Mk-1 braton again and the UI clearly isn't off, it takes far more bullets to down a target with the mk-1 than with any other auto. Even the Furis series has higher DPS. 

why????? its a beginner weapon, its meant to be S#&$, beginners can also easily buy the braton, which has a higher dps, there is no reason to bull the mk1 braton 

There's no reason for new players who have no idea what's going on to go into conclave with a weapon that can't compete within it's own class. And since it's so easy for them to just pick up a Braton, what's wrong with keeping the Mk-1 Braton competitive? Nerfing the Mk-1 just makes it so people rage less about new players killing them. 

Where are you getting that number? I just tried out the Mk-1 braton again and the UI clearly isn't off, it takes far more bullets to down a target with the mk-1 than with any other auto. Even the Furis series has higher DPS.

My bad, I heard it from someone else but they must have been mistaken or it was old information. I didn't verify myself, I should have.

My bad, I heard it from someone else but they must have been mistaken or it was old information. I didn't verify myself, I should have.

when did this turn into a mk1 braton discussion xD

buff mk1 braton

welp found it, thanks for changing the topic on a serioue matter m8