Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.5

[DE]Rebecca

"When a non-repeatable reward is removed from the list, it's reward spot is substituted by a 25 x Rare 5 or 50 x Rare 5 Core bundle."

/facepalm

I honestly like it, better then getting the same weapon part over and over. We need fusion core like oxygen.

*snip*

This way is much better, getting a legendairy ore is still base on luck. We don't need more event that is purely rng, we already have plenty of those. I notice thanks to the sortie mission, none of my friend are doing raid because the sortie mission them-self take all they time. With this system, it combine the best of both world.

The grind is not helping, it prevent us from doing what we want to do. This current event is a grind-fess and I have no enjoyment playing wf. It feel like a chore.

This is not a problem it is a feature. This is Warframe. I don't need another Carrier or Bo bp either yet when i do a T3S looking for a nova chassis guess what you find?

this is not new. Sorties ARE a lottery. Legendary core and potatoes and exilus adapters were the win, everything else was winning your $2.00 back and after you'd gotten it a few times it was a losing ticket.

I've seen one legendary core in seasons 1-3 and consider myself lucky.  However now those cores are diluted because I will have alot more fusion cores. The old system wasn't broken, it wasn't perfect, but didn't really need fixing. I still liked getting everything on the list but the karak parts for the 10th time but that's gone now and wasn't that bad.

Under the new system i'm getting 5 lenses per season max, and likely only 1 or 2. I'm unlikely to get the strun wratih (perhaps that is buy design they will run out of weapons to put in there if everyone gets 2 per season).

The old way was better.

You are defending a broken system just because it's "always been that way". They have said over and over that they want to reduce the grind, but they keep increasing the grind instead. In my opinion, both ways are just as bad, except now we're going to keep getting S#&$ty cores near the end of the season, so the longer we play the Sorties during a season, the less it will feel rewarding. How is that a good thing? Plus, it is entirely possible for a player to not get all the parts for a weapon or warframe during the season, and if those parts disappear during the next season, they're out of luck and have to pay platinum for those parts. This would be fine if all the parts had the same drop chance so the prices were equal and you could just trade, but it's obvious that some parts drop more frequently than others, so the parts you don't get are most likely going to cost you quite a bit. Putting Vauban parts in alerts was, well, not a very good idea, but better because you knew what you were getting going in and you could choose not to spend your time getting the parts if you already had them. Putting Oberon as random drops was a good idea because if you already had him, no big deal, they didn't replace other drops you were hoping for instead. Putting Ivara in the spy vaults wasn't great, but still wasn't too bad because you could farm them as much as you want. But putting Nehza in the Sorties was a TERRIBLE idea. Until you get all the parts it's incredibly frustrating, but once you have all of them already, it becomes annoying because they are taking the place of something better AND Sorties can't be farmed, so if there's something you want in the drop tables, you literally have 15 chances to get it or you're screwed, and if you miss the one part you need, guess what, once the season is done, all the other parts you got are now worthless to you. The whole looting system in this game is messed up, but this system is the worst of them all. The drop tables for Sorties needs to be limited to single, standalone items in order to be fair, because until you get all the parts necessary to build something, all the ones you already have are useless to you.

Strun Wraith Changes

• As a result of adding 2 more shots per Magazine, reload time for a full reload has slightly increased.

Even longer reload ?

I've stoped using it because of the long reload time and changes to reload mechanic ... And now it's even longer ?

No changes to damage will make me use it ever agin if the reload stays as it is ...

Instead of removing stuff from the list why not simply increase the drop rate of the other items proportionately once you get one of the non repeatable items? Personally I don't need rare cores I have most of the mods I need already and don't feel compelled to max them all out. However I don't have a nezha yet. 

Some rewards can remain rare with an unfixed percentage but the other rewards should be easier to get the more sorties you do. You are going to end up with a 75% chance to get a rare core when for me I would much rather get multiple focus lens or weapon parts cause those actually have more trade value than cores IMO. 

Also I don't agree with focus lens being a one and done reward. It seems completely contrary to the current system where you need multiple lenses if you want to actually play with different warframes and weapons and still get focus points. It also makes the chances of anyone actually crafting a greater lens nigh impossible. 

These changes do nothing positive for me as a player, maybe some people like them but it just makes all the stuff I want from sorties even harder to get now. 

• We've categorized Sortie Rewards in two: repeatable and non-repeatable. The world state window now displays these two categories.
  • Non-repeatable Sortie Rewards have a check box in-front of them. Once you receive that reward, the box is checked off, ensuring you won't receive it again in the currently active Season.
  • When a non-repeatable reward is removed from the list, it's reward spot is substituted by a 25 x Rare 5 or 50 x Rare 5 Core bundle.

It's definitely a start. But I still question the validity of things here.

Why does the roll have to include an already received one-time reward, which is then substituted for fusion cores? Why not remove the item from the roll, or do a complete re-roll if the non-repeatable item would have been picked? Why automatically substitute with cores?

Also, why are lenses put in as non-repeatable reward? I can see more lenses as being a good thing, especially to create bigger ones or to distribute them on more of your equipment.

I'd still like to have a split of the reward pools. Maybe split between "consumables" versus "buildables" and the player gets to decide which one they would want to go for. That might as well eliminate the need to check between repeatable and non-repeatable rewards.

• Non-repeatable Sortie Rewards have a check box in-front of them. Once you receive that reward, the box is checked off, ensuring you won't receive it again in the currently active Season.
  • When a non-repeatable reward is removed from the list, it's reward spot is substituted by a 25 x Rare 5 or 50 x Rare 5 Core bundle.
  • Repeatable rewards can be received multiple times, as the name implies.
  • Please note that repeatable and non-repeatable assignments could change depending on feedback and more. For example, while many players are frustrated with getting repeat Lenses, some recipes rely on duplicate Lenses to craft. We will be watching and reading over the next while to assess.

This is the BEST UPDATE EVER!

nice changes on the sortie reward table, having both once-per-season rewards like the legendary core [obviously] is a good measure to prevent uncontrolled RNG whackiness, but can also allow u guys to be a bit more even with the % chances across the board

all in all, this is/was a good move, kudos DE

with that said, we've still got the issue with the thrown melee and the gunblade that we cannot charge/fire without first swinging and taking a stutter step forwards =[, plz address this, it not only makes aiming awful [especially with all the screen shake/jerk] but the constant movement makes you unable to throw from while on a ledge without falling off =[ [its already bad enough that the origin point of the thrown melee is now in a lower left quadrant of the avatar, meaning that i cannot throw at a downward angle at enemies below if there is a small below waist height fence in the way =[, also u cannot throw uphill if the angle is too great becuz the glaive will just ruin into the ground instead of throwing towards the point of aim]

i realize these are issues with a specific 1/2 melee grips, but srsly, why do these issues keep coming up over and over, even after they had been temporarily 'fixed' in previous patches b4 =/

Strun Wraith Changes

• Increased Ammo Magazine Capacity from 8 to 10.
  • Increased Slash Damage from 50 to 60.
  • Increased Puncture Damage from 37.5 to 45.
  • Increased Impact Damage from 162.6 to 195.
  • As a result of adding 2 more shots per Magazine, reload time for a full reload has slightly increased.
  • Added knockback and impulse to landed shots on enemies.

YES.... YES.......YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks Alot, 

This hotfix was strongly needed. Now sorties are actually worth doing. 
Now on a side note, can we actually get more strun and vandal buffs. Some are just slightly better then the actual gun itself.

Making them not so special in their own way, and not worth getting aswell.

PS: Finanly some action about the worries the community had. 
Next up, can you swap out control modules from the void aswell, and actually replace it with orokin cells. Therefor removing Orokin cells from void drop tables.
Also Remove the void keys from void tables, so players could go farm them at the starchart.
And lastly remove uncommon packs from void aswell, not as rewarding as Rare ones.

Instead of removing stuff from the list why not simply increase the drop rate of the other items...

Personally I don't need rare cores ... However I don't have a nezha yet. 

.. You are going to end up with a 75% chance to get a rare core ... I would much rather get multiple focus lens or weapon parts ...

... you need multiple lenses if you want to actually play with different warframes and weapons and still get focus points. 

These changes do nothing positive for me as a player

Yep - Fusion core rewards are the consolation prize, and they fail to console me.

After my chances at a desirable reward drop below 5% I'm not going to bother.  I figure I'll be playing about 5 per season before I start getting 'good luck next time' fusion cores.

Greater lenses and Nezha pieces will now become more rare, as you can only gain one piece per season.

15 days per season.  

1 Lens (of a particular type)  per season

4 lenses for a greater lens.

=

minimum 2 months per greater lens.  

Assuming there's a 5% chance of getting the type of lens you want in a sortie:

1 - (0.95^15) = 53.6% chance of a particular lens in a season.

So 4 months is more likely for a particular type of greater lens.  With even trading that's 1 greater per month (sorry unairu - nobody wants you).

Before greater lenses showed up in the market, lenses were trading at 50-100p.  I imagine they will soon jump from 5p to 10p.

Potatoes are generally available a few times per month.

The rate of new weapons and warframes is greater than 5 / 4 months, so DE must expect us to have greater lenses on just a few pieces of equipment or buy them from the store.

At 40p the greater lenses in the store are an good value in terms of grind time - This change makes that value compelling.

Phez

PS: 

It's funny just how terrible the other prices are in the market. 

Does anyone buy those fusion core packs at 3 for 80p ?

If anyone does, I have a bridge for sale.