Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I Think Ash Can Be Improved

OoKeNnEtHoO

I will offer My ideas and what My good friend Koga, one of the biggest Ash fans I know since he never stops talking about Ash. Im also an Ash Fan but I am more Favored to Excalibur like You cuz Exalted Blade.

SHURIKEN

You hit this idea on POINT! The charged idea is great but should drain energy depending how long its held, the casted animation should look better and the Exalted Glaive is AWESOME, currently Shuriken cannot be seen I only see the energy color trajectory and thats sad, It is throw similar to Vaubans Teslas and Oberons smite, not cool at all. The shuriken would look awesome as a Exalted Glaive Period whether its charged or not soo good idea, Glaives are a Giant Shuriken after all +1

SMOKE SCREEN

This idea was originally Kogas, Smoke Screens duration is fine. Im not here to promote longer smoke screen duration at all. The idea is actually Logic, a live Smoke Screen Cloud, basically like Assassins Creed smoke bomb, keeping the initial invisibility Ash receives but this AoE Smoke Bomb is intended for 2 purposes. 

1: Crowd Control: Enemies who enter the Cloud are choked and stunned opening them up to Finishers for Ash and his team mates. A much needed CC making Ash a Team player.

2: A window of opportunity for allies to enter a late smoke shadow buff which in my opinion is Ashs Best augment if you realize the passive it grants allies, Smoke Screen could use a range increase for its Cloud AoE which would allow more CC and better entry to Smoke Shadow.

TELEPORT

I love the way you worded Teleport tho you didnt think of one idea but you hit one thought I have spoken about right in the Bullseye.

Teleport now is very under used, pin point accuracy is required and some teleports enemies still escape and you lose your much needed finisher kills. Dropping a smoke bomb on enemies and garuanteeing a Finisher kill is Fantastic for Teleport. +1

Another idea along with the teleport smoke bomb stun, is allowing a short ranged free aim Teleport Dash. Less energy cost but shorter range say maybe 10-15ms more or less, along with this small radius smoke bomb +1 I love it

BLADESTORM

The hardest ability to come up with a rework, most say leave it alone others say change the ability entirely.

This Idea was over looked by most but I think its a fantastic idea even tho some folks dont want another Stance Ultimate, I think Bladestorm would be fantastic as a Stance Ulti, I will explain in detail I hope I dont Lose or bore You bare with Me this shouldnt be over looked.

-Casting Bladestorm Ash summons his Shadow Clones in a Similar Animation as Stalker spawns (Lights Flicker) and Ash/Clones disappear *POOF*

Ash becomes invisible in Bladestorm and untargetable but may take damage, when you attack Ash/Clones appear out of Smoke Bombs and all his attacks render him Invincible as the current Bladestorm, The damage is the same (Finisher/Slash/Bleedprocs) and Ash/Clones attack together instead of seperately.  Ash receives a speed increase wall latch is infinite with a moderate energy drain and aim glide increase. Ash also receives synergy while in Bladestorm with his entire kit like Excal and Valkyr. Casting Shuriken Ash/Clones appear and throw 2 Exalted Glaives each (6shurikens) costs more energy to cast. Smoke Screen becomes a CC tool for Ash in Bladestorm mode and gives Ash invisibility for the casters duration with a higher energy cost. Teleport costs less energy and is free aimed Dash Teleport for mobility since we lose the automatic Bladestorm this would allow players interactivity and still keep You elusive and Lethal. Recasting ofcoarse removes Bladestorm.

This concept was an observation of other Frames along with farming regular Ash for clan mates. Thank You Grineer Manics :)

I was looking at Manics pattern and since they drop Ash parts it hit Me! Why not make Ashs Bladestorm similar to Manics? Currently Manics cannot be targeted by Bladestorm. Manics Dash around and act like Ninjas, disappearing and reappearing,they even have an invincibility stage where they receive No Damage. Manics disappear when Not attacking, and reappear when attacking. I thought this would work for Bladestorm. 

IMO Ash in Bladestorm would look Insane if He was consumed by Dark Void energy and appeared like this design a Fan artist made, along with his 2 clones

12695116_594982973983007_85820760_o.jpg?

This design was from Fulcrvm as an Alt Helm for Ash but I think would look Fantastic if Ash turned into this when in Toggling Bladestorm. Reminds me of Yoshimitsu and makes sense for a Ninja to bare an Oni helm/mask. Giving Ash the fearsome appearance of a Demon and pushing his Archtype to the max, Lethal and Elusive. Bladestorm works great mechanically but has several bugs and is quiet annoying to watch due to bad cameras, lack luster combo animations, and a lack of not being able to cancel it out when allies are down. This allows Ash players to be more interactive and provide actual support in squads.

This idea ofcoarse comes with its own set of combos as its a Stance Ultimate, some dont want more stance Ultimates but Ash as noted in the wiki section is the first Warframe to have a weapon inate to his abilities and I believe this ability would be Perfect as a Stance Ultimate, with all the hard research and ideas put together this maybe a great concept for a Reworked Bladestorm. 

Hope You like the ideas and Thanks for Your great ideas aswell, good to see like minded individuals :)

Wow..these are pretty cool ideas.

Thanks!

Wow..these are pretty cool ideas.

Thanks!

Care if I share My build?

Im tryna end the bad trend of Ash's smoke screen is bad and Arcane Trickery is a Band-aid to Smoke Screen commentaries so I came up with this Build back in July, being a veteran Arcane Trickery user since Raids released I have heard all these comments.

I guess I already shared My build here but for some strange reason its being deleted by either mods or idk what.

Sorry My head is in 5 different places as I write this and multi-task with daily life chores . 

Warframe is My escape to all My problems and I would love to offer Ideas to those individuals whho Love Ash and are not negative like I have seen most enter Ash thread and puke 

#LOKIMASTERRACE

Garbage all over the place. Pathetic ignorant comments get Ignored.

Thanx for this thread and Your great enthusiams My good Sir :)

I feel like Smoke Bomb should become a proper Smoke Bomb and not a terrible Invisibility Ability.

What I mean is Ash drops a Smoke Bomb which covers the area for 8s base duration. Ash is effectively invisible inside the AoE, Amy enemy inside The AoE gets a blind like effect and any enemy outside the AoE can't fire through the Smoke.

Also every enemy inside the Smoke is opened to finishers

I like shuriken idea but the original one should throw like 4 shuriken. NOT ONLY THAT but give it the same mechanic as atlas's 1 where it gets stronger and costs less the more you use it.

This is exactly what i was thinking but i would increase the duration to 10 seconds, the range would need to be about 15 meters at base, only 4 at a time, when ash leaves the smoke cloud (and it is still active) he will be invisible until 2 seconds before it dissipates (the same invis time), and enemies could shoot inside but they have a very small chance of hitting you like turbulence's affect just so it isn't OP but good idea also, i don't want to HAVE to use finishers on enemies again like the new radial blind because it is way to slow but that my opinion.

For Teleport i want free aim when not looking at an enemy and if you look at an enemy it works the same except you leave a clone that aggros enemies for about 3 sec just to give you some time to move around.(not increased by mods) This could also get the atlas change for the energy costs and maybe a slight range buff for free teleport but it would work like a dash from shinobi in that it isn't instant so it isn't OP. 

DE said they would rework bladestorm so idc about that one now all we need is an ash deluxe skin where his arms dont look like rhinos (ash prime) so we can look like actual ninjas. And to top it all off, we need three things: 1. ENERGY BOW, this would do radiation damage, work just like the rakta cernos but less damage and exactly 100% crit, and the charge mechanic would work like the staticor but at a slower rate. 2. Throwing STARS with a charge mechanic like the staticor, or even give all throing weapons this mechanic, not castanas. 3. BACK SHEATHED NIKANA we neeeeed this PLEASE or even give us the dual nikana and have the holstered like in ninja gaiden one on the waist and on the back.

Edited by TheBlackishBoy