The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inter-Planet Missions

Sorakamii

I think the current corpus outposts and future grineer outpost are a really good idea,but wouldnt it be cool to actually go into planets and actually take over it.Remember in the begining when Lotus said the Grineer own most of the system...wouldnt it been cool to actually retake the system back.Mercury for example,its where you start.It should have 3 tiers to it.

1.The Ships:

You fight through the ships and eventually assassinate the boss.

2.The  Surface:

You land on the surface and fight your way through the unstable planet.Eventually killing a boss at an outpost.There should be more than one outpost on planets,the other outposts should become more secure depending on how you play.This can add some challange if you run and gun.

(Bigger planets have more outposts)

The Core:

You travel to the core of the planet.There is the final boss of the planet.He should be the strongest of them all.This is where everything gets crazy.After you beat him,it'll unlock the next planet or planets.

After defeating every boss in every planet...the final area of the system should be the Sun's core.(Only an idea,I don't know how they're going to pull this off)

After taking over a planet,there should be defence missions to keep Grineer,Corpus,or Infected from taking it back.If they succeced,you will have to retake the core,but it will be easier.

Once everything is done,a new system should open up through a black hole.This will allow stronger players into an area to challange them.In this new system,there should be new factions,weapons,warframes,ect.This way you actually have to beat a system before you get to unlock better warframes.

Tell me what you guys think,you are open to your opinion just try the Graphic levels to a minimum please.

Edited by Muramasa4165

Interesting ideas, just have some corrections for you.

1) Not Mercury for the surface. It effectively has no atmosphere, and the "day" side is hot enough that it may as well be molten. And with how effective fire weapons and environments are against Tenno, no Warframe would last a minute on the surface.

2) I hope you mean a figurative core. The literal core of the Earth is surrounded my molten material, and is the same for any other rocky planet with a magnetic field. As for the gas giants....yeah you can see where that is going.

3) The Sun. Really? So you want to dive face first into what is essentially an endless nuclear explosion? Have fun with that.

4) More bosses. While they have revealed that they are working on more bosses, they have also provided insight that they are more focused on improving the existing bosses. More bosses per planet would be nice but I think that would kinda weaken the significance of it being a "BOSS"

5) Wormhole, not black hole. A black hole would consume the entire system. Now, while there is no knowledge of what exactly happens to something that enters a black hole, even if it came out on the other end, there would be no way to make a return trip or even send a return signal. Warping to other systems would likely be similar to the entrance into the Orokin Towers in the Void. Teleportation as it is now, or a generated wormhole like in the PS4 reveal trailer. Either way, it would be based on Orokin tech.

Interesting ideas, just have some corrections for you.

1) Not Mercury for the surface. It effectively has no atmosphere, and the "day" side is hot enough that it may as well be molten. And with how effective fire weapons and environments are against Tenno, no Warframe would last a minute on the surface.

2) I hope you mean a figurative core. The literal core of the Earth is surrounded my molten material, and is the same for any other rocky planet with a magnetic field. As for the gas giants....yeah you can see where that is going.

3) The Sun. Really? So you want to dive face first into what is essentially an endless nuclear explosion? Have fun with that.

4) More bosses. While they have revealed that they are working on more bosses, they have also provided insight that they are more focused on improving the existing bosses. More bosses per planet would be nice but I think that would kinda weaken the significance of it being a "BOSS"

5) Wormhole, not black hole. A black hole would consume the entire system. Now, while there is no knowledge of what exactly happens to something that enters a black hole, even if it came out on the other end, there would be no way to make a return trip or even send a return signal. Warping to other systems would likely be similar to the entrance into the Orokin Towers in the Void. Teleportation as it is now, or a generated wormhole like in the PS4 reveal trailer. Either way, it would be based on Orokin tech.

Well this is a fictional game,logically speaking we shouldnt even survive half the stuff we go through.When i said the surface and the core,i literaly meant that.Yes its true logicaly we wouldnt survive,but that doesnt mean they cant put in a time limit before out suits can no longer withstand the extreame climate.Then the more bosses idea,they are preety much semi-bosses.I know alot of games with multiple semi bosses.The boss in the core could be the true final boss.The black hole idea is changable,i dont know how they want to put new systems in,but that was just a suggestion.