Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Law Of Retribution, Part 2, Disconnection Does Not Decrease Pads Required To Complete.(Cause Not Fully Understood)

Magnulast

Reason:

However, on many of my playthrough's hosting I've had rage quiters and some good people.

I mainly bring this up due to rage-quitters, and their annoying attitude against players failing the first time and quitting and wasting me a key.

Notes:

Basically, whenever someone disconnects, the 8th person will not cause a issue at all what so ever.

On my recent playthrough, I've realized that after a failure, to get people to do the pads the first time(Pushed off) and the second due to a skim(bullet jumped on the pad, and walked off without realization). Two players left and decided that we are horrible players.despite them not getting on pads, or helping..

Cause(Not entirely accurate, but broad to the truth at best): 

It seems the cause of this bug is mainly due to players leaving after a failure to complete the first part on the first try.

This also seems heavily related to aborts, and not disconnections.(Lag and stuff.)

However, this bug seems to be triggered with different effects with different circumstances, I'm not sure what circumstances will arrive, but they could vary.

Effect: number of pads required to open the door will not decrease what so ever.

Revert(Cannot revert glitch.):Even after reseting the pads by: getting all members to do it, and jumping off, or causing a quick failure with one person.

Revert(proposed): Prevent casting bless, cause everyone to die and revive(optional-just let the host die, and let everyone die thereafter if it doesn't work), then proceed to rehack consoles---it should auto update in 3-5 minutes...

Any experiences explained and is related to this glitch will be greatly appreciated.

I would highly appreciate testing, but.....I'm truly not sure who will do that.......

Edit:

Added more spoiler boxes to make the page less tedious if you hate looking at reasons.

Edit2:

added secondary revert process

Edited by Magnulast

stop casting bless, die all and revive (dont revive anyone who is bleeding if u were the one stepping of the pad and u can die urself just to be sure, although this is not necessary i think, but just to be safe host should always die), proceed to rehack console and start the routine, it should auto-update after 3-5 mins.

Very old bug, triggered by bless i think. 

stop casting bless, die all and revive (dont revive anyone who is bleeding if u were the one stepping of the pad and u can die urself just to be sure, although this is not necessary i think, but just to be safe host should always die), proceed to rehack console and start the routine, it should auto-update after 3-5 mins.

Very old bug, triggered by bless i think. 

Thanks for the information...

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Satanistmicke said:

Just got the same problem today, gotten it alot of times before to.

As far as I can tell, the time it takes to update is roughly 2-5minutes.(Depending on the use of bless.(More=Slower update speed))

If someone leaves before you start it, the 8-pad thing will update the amount of required pads correctly.

35 minutes ago, Satanistmicke said:

So after the host has died and squad has stopped use bless and waited the time, will the 8-pad thing for example now show only 6 pads are needed to complete it etc?

That I don't know.

I'm not sure if the host has to die, however in most cases it has occured.

And yes, bless has to be stopped.

I'm not exactly sure about the time, but it takes some time to update.