Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Daikyu, What's Up With The Firing Mechanic?

CodeEpsilon

The Daikyu was released before I started back into WF, I saw that it wasn't like other bows because it's main damage type was in status (Which with it using IPS isn't all that great). I found it to be a good pure damage weapon more than anything. Considering I like pure damage weapons because of their ability to get you pretty far in mid to high tier missions (Tiberon I'm looking at you baby) I decided to give it shot after watching a review of it.

I researched it from the dojo which didn't take long considering my clan only has three members in it. Built a forma and later on built the daikyu itself. After which I took it into a good ol' fashion game of Apollodorus on Mercury. The fire rate was abysmal but that could be mended since this was after fire rate mods were given a 2x modifier for bows. But there was one thing about it that just turned me off of this great bow. The pause after an arrow is shot.

I have no clue whether this was intentional by DE or not but the automatic charge fire mechanic that was originally on the Daikyu was replaced with the normal charge mechanic with the added on "bonus" of a short delay after a shot is fired before the next arrow can be drawn back. As someone who is very use to the ability to queue up another shot after firing a bow. This was both clunky and very unnatural to use. As I often found myself constantly mashing the the mouse button to try and queue up another shot only to find it's not drawing back.

I realize that I'm beating a dead horse with this topic as I am sure it is well known by this point. But the point is to just write this thread and hope that someone from DE sees this and maybe just maybe they'll fix and or change the fire mechanic on the Daikyu (which is honestly wishful thinking). I personally think that it's a great weapon, but until something is done about that firing mechanic it's gonna have to sit in my inventory.

My question to those who read this thread is this. What do you think about the Daikyu? Do you like it and want a change in it's firing mechanic like I do? Or could you care less about it and stick to your Paris Prime/Dread? I want to hear other people's opinion on the matter as well. Thanks for your time!

Edited by code1322

I really liked the mechanic it launched with, where it auto-charged and fired if you let go, or auto-fired if you held it too long.

It made it feel like a longbow compared to the others being short bows.

When it was released a lot of people said it was way too weak, but it's just a standard weapon. It's not Wraith, Vandal or Prime or whatever else. I was pretty psyched for maybe eventually getting a Dragon Daikyu or something with high stats using that mechanic, but when they changed it I lost all interest.

As it is now, if they released an upgraded version it would just be annoying to forma up a replacement if it's better than Rakta Cernos for body shots or better than Dread for headshots and it would just be mastery fodder if it's not top tier. The different timing of the old mechanic combined with the long profile of the weapon was what made it interesting.

Obviously 100% opinion. Just my 2¢.

It's Daikyu, a long bow.

It's supposed to be like that because firing a long bow need a focus, steady stance.

Firing a long bow is kinda hard because you need to READ THE WIKI draw the bow fully in order to shoot it.

You can watch it here :

I have read the wiki I just felt like posting about it because it feels weird mechanically. I also know how hard it is to fire a longbow since I've done so in real life. Though that part of my life is far behind me.

I just felt it was kind of out of place considering warframes get to move around do flips and all these acrobatic moves and still fire with almost 100% accuracy considering our usual rules of real life do not really apply in the universe of Warframe.

As usual it's all 100% opinion as VKhaun said. I felt just felt like bringing up the topic for the sake of bringing it up.