Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V Defense No Chance To Pick Up Mod From Necros

xXJunaiXx

no idea where to place this but in the Alad v Defense we defeated Shadow Necros and he droped a mod but the mission ended immediately so i had no chance what so ever to pick the mod up and he droped something Rare so it felt like all that for nothing.. shure i got a wraith vulkar but still i would really whanted to get that RARE mod from Shadow necros.. :c

as a temporary solution, melee him to death and have a carrier at hand

i did but got trown away by one of his shadows also that my carrier had died :/ but it was a RARE mod.. first time i ever had one of them drop a rare and i couldnt even grab it :c

im not really shure what u mean

Basically, when the event first started, players would kill an Acolyte, see they dropped a worthless mod, quit the mission, cause players to disconnect from the mission, and try again, repeating the cycle until they got what they wanted.

Let's use Torment and her Argon Scope as an example: Players really wanted this mod, so they'd do her mission, scare her away, get a Hydraulic Crosshairs mod, abort the mission, and just keep repeating this until Argon Scope finally dropped. This became a huge issue due to how quickly she died the first time, causing many players to miss out on her rare drops, but also causing many host migration issues due to hosts not getting the mod they wanted, aborting the mission, and often screwing their teammates out of getting any mods due to the (unfortunately common) host migration disconnection. In order to fix this, DE made a hotfix that made it so you only found out what mod you got after finishing the mission, as well as making all Acolyte drops appear as "rare" (though with a red beam instead of gold).

On topic though, having the mission end the instant Misery is killed just seems like a dumb idea that I'm not really too surprised made it into the game. A smart developer would've added a few extra seconds for everyone to pick up the boss loot before ending the mission, but DE somehow completely ignored giving players the chance to get their reward, which many people consider the mods to be the reward and the rest to be bonuses; myself included. I don't know how many players haven't finished the third part by now, but I hope DE fixes this for those players soon.