The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Op: A Small Side Thought.

(XBOX)Eli and Niti

When asked if Im down with OP, the answer I come up with is always the same... Yeah, You know me. No, Im not kickbot, but I do agree with him.

Here are my thoughts on OP.

1) Its good to be OP when you need to be.

2) You get to choose if you WANT to be OP.

3) OP is a matter of perspective. There are times that you start off OP, then steadily get less and less OP.

This is the heart of it. OP is a matter of perspective. Going into appolodorus with 5 forma Kohm, Sonicor, Reaper Prime and equinox would be considerably OP. However taking the same set up into a 120 minute survival would be considered appropriate.

The reason for this rather random post, is the constant stream of posts with the general sentiment of "this is OP and should be nerfed"... I am getting mildly irrate with these posts. Due to the nature of this game, ANYTHING can be OP. 

There are times when some people want to feel like Gods. If you take this away, this kills a small part of the game that is very dear to me and my friends. If you do not want to feel OP, simply do not modify as such.

I believe there is only three reasons someone wouldnt want OP.  firstly, they fancy a challenge... ok... dont use mods, or use mods that are wierd and strange. Secondly, they simply havent either got the mods, or they dont know HOW to modify something. This last one... well its just plain selfishness. Finally, you simply didnt bring the right tool for the job, but someone else did... again, this is short sighted and selfish.

I do not think that OP should be changed. The only time OP should be nerfed is if it breaks the game (causes crashes or frame rate drops etc).

I may not be popular in my beliefs, but I do share them with the rest of my clan. I do not beleive anything should be nerfed, I just believe people should be more considerate of those they play with. If you are getting tired of never seeing an enemy, dont complain that the others in the room are OP, simply play with different people.

Due to the nature of this game, there are times OP is needed... goto wave 100 + on a defence, and let me know if you want someone OP in the room, try going into an infested survival with a lato, an unranked paracyst, and a glaive while playing as mag and try to get to wave 60... thats a challenge, that calls for someone being OP in the room.

Its your game, play it how you want to play it, but remember, others will play it how they want to play it. If you do not want to play with people who are OP, play with your friends, or play alone. Dont take OP away... some of us come home from a hard day at work, and just want to Kill EVERYTHING... warframe gives us that escape from reality that we crave.

When I play with my low rank buddies, I take things that are weaker and less effective, simply to offer them more chance to kill things and feel OP. When I play with my high rank buddies, I go all out, we turn it into a game of "whose more OP".

Just because certain builds work better, doesnt mean we should nerf those builds cause it becomes "the only way", I will run interesting builds just for the hell of it. Certain things will always be more effective at dealing with certain enemies... this is life... this is just how it is. Accept that certain things are better at certain jobs.  Not everything SHOULD be equal. You wouldnt take a knife to a nuke fight?

Besides, anything can be OP in the right circumstances. Goto appolodorus with a max rank potatoed paracyst with metal auger, shred, maxed out serration and Split chamber and feel like a god. Want more of a challenge, take that into the derelicts. Some things are just supposed to be better.

Dont complain about it, embrace it, make a challenge of finding a new build for a long forgotten rifle... I have recently been trying the Glaxion out again... in the past I wouldnt have given it a second thought, now, I have been having a "Blast" :P

Am I down with OP, Yeah, you know me.

Sorry about the wall of text, its just a side thought and general feedback :) discuss :P

Well, paracyst with shred and metar auger is freaking op.

I want do t3/t4 survival 60 min -> I bring valkyr/excal/mirage/ etc -> they call op, neft pls DE. They don't know that those frames are meant to go in long run with their kit, take that away then we have hydroid-poster. There always selfish SoBs want everything as there own, sad is sometimes DE hear these SoBs. And Idk, neft in a PvE game? Clearly no brain.