The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Something Something Bosses

TinoG100

I couldn't decide which question i would choose, so i chose both: 1: What is the best boss (in any game, btw) that you've fought that could easily be the final boss?(Note: it can't be the final boss) And 2: What's the best boss that was easy, hard, etc. but still stuck to your mind and made you feel like "i want to fight that again"? (in other words, memorable). In my case, both are coming from the same game: Jetstream Sam, and Sundowner (both from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance). Leave your answers and reasons why to the comment section.

And to not cheat, my reason for Sam is that he's been pretty much taunting you for the whole game, and when you get to the badlands showdown, it is just plain awesome. He's semi fast, got a few tricks up his sleeve, and his boss theme is great too! (The Only Thing I've Known For Real). As for Sundowner, yea, he's extremely easy, he was kinda hyped for the entire game/Chapter 4, take your pick, but he was still extremely fun and can give you a challenge if you're not careful. And his theme is also good (Red Sun). But enough about my rambling, leave your stuff below, and let us commence!

Are you just trolling? Cause there are no bosses in that game :D

Was that memorable to you or could it be the final boss?

Nah, legit. Teemis Maximotron is such a hard boss

For real tho I gotta say that either Undyne the Undying from Undertale is the most annoying boss I've ever fought. The most fun I've had would probably have to be some random boss in Torchlight 2 on the hardest difficulty 

1.  Terramorphous the invincible, because it is a fun boss and ya know, it just seems like something that could be a final boss (in any other game than borderlands 2)

2. Naruto Vs Sasuke in naruto shippuden: ultimate ninja storm 3, because it just stuck with me, and i absolutely love the soundtrack in that battle.(and the battle as well, durr)

The second boss in League of Legends is pretty cool

tumblr_inline_n3n0srVDOX1sqwhx7.png

Got no answer to your first question. A memorable boss was the final boss from Magicka 2 I guess, mainly because it made me realize that the wizards are basically the evil of which the prophecy warned.

Best boss I ever fought was the Dullahan in Golden sun 2. That thing was harder than the final boss, and the final boss got 3 Flippin turns and a cast that had a 50% chance to cast itself again. As for most memorable boss..... I don't play many games with final bosses, but Ocarina of time's final battle is something I could play all day.

Best boss? hmm... I dunno, but I can mention some that are good?

I'll have to think about it, but here is something meanwhile.

totally caught me off guard and had me laughing the whole fight.

to be honest, most the boss fights in that game are pretty memorable.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

I would say...

1. Lanselot Tartaros and his Dark Knights Loslorien crew from the Tactics Ogre remake. Totally optional difficulty but to get his weapon, you only need to field 3 characters against him and his crew of 8 knights + generics. Each of them also has their own unique powerful attacks including the ability to bewitch one of your units and the leader's ability to remove 1 heart from one of your units unlucky enough to get hit.

2. FFVIII's Ultima/Omega Weapon. I just hate both Weapon's Light Pillar that 1-hit KO's and the latter's Terra Break and Megiddo Flame yet I like fighting them every time I replay the game.

Edited by Uzpian

LiV from Armored Core: Verdict Day.

Awesome design, hard as nails and did I forget to mention it's a Raid boss.

To be fair, these guys were unprepared but even then:

This team lost 2 of its members from it. Raid bosses in AC:VD require planning and communication.

Also the theme is just beast:

The best boss ever is Handsome Jack. (He's technically not the final boss, so it counts) All of his lines are freakin' awesome!

But the best boss fight, is the one at the end of MechAssault 2, I think it was called the abomination (giant mech with a lot of weapons and no legs) it sticks out to me because of HOW MANY DAMN TIMES I DIED TRYING TO KILL IT! But it's an epic and good boss fight. With Korn's "Right Now" playing as the battle music, then that chick crashes her ship into the planet to wipe out the bad guy's army. I wish somebody would pick up the franchise for a 3rd...

Giygas from Earthbound.

From his design, both visual representation and metaphorical depiction, to theatrical significants to the plot, to their oppressive and ominous influence felt throughout the game, to the theme and, in my opinion, severely uncomfortable realizations as the fight continues that still unnerve me, Giygas will always be a boss fight that will remain vivid in my mind.