The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relay Trees

Maugre

Hello, friends. I come to you today with an incredibly incredible question...

One with significantly significant significance...

Important importance, even!

This question is...

Why are the trees in the relay in such small planters?

I have a theory on this, and if correct, is both impressive and potentially devastating to the trees in question.

I believe that the roots of these trees are midway through miniature torsion beam portals that lead to other areas, where their roots could grow freely without a care in the system. It's the only thing that makes sense. Even if for some reason the trees could grow with just ridiculously small roots, they wouldn't be able to stand upright without supports holding them up.

Additionally, if the portals ever lost power for whatever reason, the roots would be immediately severed, nearly killing the trees in the process, and definitely toppling them over! Plus, replacing all those trees any time there's a power out would get costly.

Now, that's not the only concern. If this theory is correct, it also poses a threat to the security of the relays. If enemies were to discover the existence and location of the root side of the portals, they could bypass outer defenses and file in quickly, storming almost every room of the relay before we even knew what was happening.

I tried asking Server at the relays about this multiple times, but never got a response... Coincidence? Or perhaps a plot against the citizens (and trees) of the relays?

I don't see how buying platinum would fix the terrifying state the relays are in due to such a massive security flaw, or how it would help the trees whose roots are in far-too-cramped of conditions.

That is, unless it would fund the construction of more reliable planters, or security forces guarding the root portals at all times...

But in that case, we could just pool our resources together for the planters, and spare a few of the relay personnel that just hang out at the statue holding their hands in the waterfall like idiots and give them something important to do.

As for space magic, I reject the notion that there is an all-powerful force controlling any and all things that have yet to be answered. Space magic is a myth!

I don't see how buying platinum would fix the terrifying state the relays are in due to such a massive security flaw, or how it would help the trees whose roots are in far-too-cramped of conditions.

it would give the devs a reason to work on the lore since your buying them lunch

I talked to one of the people at the front desk, that's just past the ship yard.

They mentioned there being a backup power supply for the trees alone.

I won't lie though, I am very curious about where the portals for the roots lead.

Didn't get any response when I asked, just that it's a secret to everybody.

just because the tree looks like oberon doesn't man it grew that way, somebody probably shaped it over a long period of time, like a space bonsai tree

haha true true

anyways just wanna point out the tree since not all people go to maroo on earth...

lotus made the broberon tree and appointed guide of the lotus to guard and water them daily