Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Reach Has No Affect On Glaive Weapons. (Plus Something Little More)

Gin_ToniK

Im linking this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/604759-primed-reach-on-thrown-glaives-hitbox-radius/

This is where this topic originated from.

If read carefully then there are two problems:

1)Either there is a misinformation (on purpose or not) in the wiki section of the effect of Reach on glaives and this topic is irrelevant.

2)Or, the wiki is stating the truth and this is a bug, since under my request there was a small test where Prime Reach has no visible effect on the thrown glaive hitbox.

Therefore I request a look up into this small nuance.

And a small off topic, but still may be viable. Is it a bug or a feature that a thrown glaive hit on enemy doesn't go towards the Melee Combo Counter, which in result makes the new event mods Body Count and Blood Rush not viable on these weapons?

Seems like people don't know how to read.

It states in the wiki here:

Reach increases the range of a melee weapon's attacks, except Glaive (Prime), Kestrel, and Halikar's thrown-distance (they can hit enemies more easily, though, because the projectile can reach a greater swath).

Why do I have to do this? Why do I need to repeat the same process of copy&paste each time, so that people like you would understand what I wrote?

Are you lazy to click the thread and read? Are you all on purpose acting blind? Or are you all really that stupid that you can't understand, that if "projectile can reach a greater swath" means that the hit box of the thrown glaive SHOULD be larger and that means I can aim a bit less accurate midst battle and still get a hit with Prime Reach? Is it really THAT hard to understand? Or is the wiki lying and DE didn't implement this feature and they have no control over what is written in the wiki?

Why do I have to chew down and spit right in your throat all the information so that you don't have to think? Why state the obvious? What's with all the stating obvious points of "Reach is intended to affect the Throw Attack, so if it's not, that is... not intended." Thank you! Like I didn't knew that! But not only that is a complete paradox, since how can something that was intended be NOT intended? Hm?

And "Reach always had little to zero effect on throw weapons. Noticeable difference was only on a quick melee, throw attack always had the same hitbox." I didn't knew that! Thank you for clarifying this most obvious statement. And if you didn't get the sarcasm, let me clarify. You not only didn't read the thread, you didn't even read the topic carefully. It says Primed Reach, not Reach. You also neglected the fact that someone did test out with max Primed Reach and didn't get any effect. Therefore this is either a bug, or misinformation on the wiki page where the DE has no control over.

Why im so angry? Because everything you stated was useless. Not only you gave zero information, everything you did gave has zero usefulness. Im pissed at people like you who just state something for the sake of stating something, without giving any informative investment.

So now let me make this clear as rain, DO NOT post anything, unless you give a complete explanation/answer/detailed opinion. I have no use of two-three sentences of something I already know.

The only solution out of this is A) DE fixes this issue and makes Prime Reach (and original Reach) effect the Throw Glaive projectile, or B) Remove the statement that it does effect the projectile from the wiki.

I think using the 2nd Note would add in more clarity to the others. Instead of using the introductory quote.

Notes
  • This mod does not increase the radius of slam attacks.
  • This mod does not increase the range limit of all thrown melees, but instead grants said weapon a larger hitbox.