Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Say Hello To *r A R E's*-

(PSN)Tomplexthis

Randomly Activated Reward Events, Rares are in mission randomly spawning objectives with chest loot rewards

By completing the random event you are rewarded with a loot chest

Rares do not spawn in Hijack/Interception or Defense missions, but can spawn in every other type of mission

They can be a new room, or spawn anywhere in the map

Upon completion of a Rare, you are reward Credits/mods/resources/blueprints/ or affinity

From the chest that would pop up after, it would show up as a blip way point on the map

The rewards vary based on the Planet/Node/ and Level Range Easy - Medium - Hard

The chests will randomly pick one reward type to give, not all rewards, just 1 group type

(Reward Types)   Credits - Mods - Resources - Blueprint - Affinity

(Reward Chance) --25%----10%----25%-------------5%--------10%

*The rewards drop as a chest that's color and design changes depending on its reward type

Credit chests are blue and shiny

Mod chests are platinum and shiny/metallic

Resource chests are bland grineer like chests

Blueprint chest are covered in lights and purple

Affinity chests are green with yellow lights

-------------------

Credits rewards can be 2500 - 5000 - 10,000 

Resource rewards vary per resource type, common uncommon rare

60% C- 500 - 1000 - 2000

30% U- 250 - 500 - 1000

10% R- 1 - 2 - 3

*chance for drop perhaps

Mods dropped from the chest can be anything from any enemy in the mission

This includes bosses as well from assassination missions

So you can get a 2nd chance at a boss mod drop, or rare enemy stance drops even

When you get a mod chest it will drop 3 mods, randomly, bronze silver or gold

the rarity chance increases based on level range

Easy- B 70% S 25% G 5% 

Medium - B 60% S 30% G 10%

Hard - B 45% S 40% G 15%

Blueprints vary depending on the difficulty

With every Blueprint drop, 1 Nitain would drop with the Blueprint

the bp's are the rarest chance at maybe a 5% chance for a bp R.A.R.E chest

This is an alternate way to maybe get warframe Bps, gun bps, or other rare alert bps

No void parts though, but any bps from dojo or markets can drop

this would give non dojo players a alternate way to obtain a dojo bp

but the 5% chance of the BP chest, combined with the huge variety of bp's obtainable

its just, really random

Last would be the affinity Chest

The amount dropped depends on the level range

Easy - 5000 Affinity

Medium - 10,000 Affinity

Hard - 20,000 Affinity

Alongside these chest you would gain focus points as well, 

Maybe as a alternative means to acquire some focus points

these are straight up points, non affinity after mission points

Easy - 1000 Focus

Medium - 2000 Focus

Hard - 3000 Focus

-----------------------------

Those are just the rewards though

The R.A.R.E's themselves are actual random challenges for the player to complete

These can vary widely, but depend solely upon the mission type for the most part

The difficulty of these may be around the Sortie scale, but the enemies are based per the planet/level range

Additionally in R.A.R.E's the enemies are 30% higher in level than the node you are on

Challenge types could be random mini boss enemies spawn in the map

You have to find him, and kill him, take him down, he drops a chest

Another, hold a position for 5 minutes, as a huge wave of enemies pours in

like the max spawn amount perhaps, tons of enemies

a chest would spawn where the last enemy died

Maybe a random capture mission, in a capture mission or any other

these rares could be just about anything

Capture 2 targets within a time limit to get a chest

Maybe one where you run around the map and recover 3 energy sources

charge up a tower, and it drops the chest

Or even, hunt down 5 target objectives in a mission

5 machines, or 5 enemies, destroy them for a chest

another was that the mission itself is a failure

and you extract into archwing, complete the rest of the mission in archwing for the chest

*Regardless these challenges could be entirely random

and offer a mini in mission side quest for players

the randomness would add something more to missions than just same monotomy

Players would have to search the map though to find the hidden R.A.R.E rooms

Once you come across the room you need your whole team in that location to start it

i just feel like we need something more to the missions

Maybe hidden loot caches scattered within missions

Semi rare chests, not like the super rare chests

These caches just hold like 1000 credits/affinity/resources maybe

Or they might have mods in them as well

i just wish we had more to do instead of just rushing through missions

there isnt really much of a reason to explore maps anymore

tiny little random events would be cool

tiny loot crate/caches would also be interesting

exploding randomly out into archwing from non arch missions could also be interesting

i think we need a mapping 2.0

like perhaps a fully Procedurally and randomly generated map system

With new rooms/pathways/and places to explore

Like mine-craft meets borderlands guns meets a map maker

super randomly placed environmental things

New environmental hazards

R.A.R.E's are just 1 thing

but there is so many possibilities to spice up the games maps

monotony gets meh after awhile

but throw in some randomness, and its changes everything

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis

would love to see somethng more added to maps, more dynamic hazards maybe

Frost - dampens our shields

Toxin - damages our health when we pass through it

Fire - Damages barely anything

I was thinking, maybe we should get Hazards based off all the damages

Electric - Lights are out, darker map, flickering lights and short ciruits everywhere

*small spots on the map spark out at a warframe and deplete their shields by 50% 

*or the random sparks would eat your energy by 10-25% when it hits you

Blast - Magnetic - Corrosive - Viral - Radiation - Gas

Utilzing the in game damage system to create Biohazards built/based off them would be cool

Mainly, i think when we do deception missions, which need a rework, tottally

when you drop the thing in, the ship goes haywire and one of those 6 hazards comes into effect as you escape the ship

Blast - Explosions randomly blow up around the map, sending enemies and you flying in a direction, taking damage

Magnetic - Gravity malfunctions, higher or lower gravity fluctuations in mission, you can float up or get stuck down

*turns off jumping, or can turn off or lower gravity for all warframes, and maybe enemies, would be funny

*heavy gravity slows all players movement speed, and enemies respectively

Corrosive - Acid leaks from pipes, when you touch it, it corrodes your armor over time by a %

the acid damages your armor down pretty fast, but after leaving the acid it will regenerate back to normal

a small icon of - armor % shows up to tell you how badly your armor is injured

Viral - A viral infectious chemical is in the air, your warframes EH is reduced by 25%

Radiation - Waves of radiation pulse through the air, sometimes it procs on enemies, and even players as well

*when players are hit by a wave of radiation it confuse your controls, inverting or mixing up the movement signals

*this could even mess with attacks and switch buttons around completely, confusing players

*its a short proc that doesnt last long, but it would also wobble your screen while your radiated

*maybe even blur the screen slightly, this one could be kind of funny to watch as players stumble around

*and since enemies get radiation procs to, enemies would be fighting while your stumbling around

Gas - we have something like this in hive missions, giant gas bubbles that drain 100% energy

But i was thinking more a field of gas, a gas leak that damages health down to 1-5 maybe minimum maximum

Some rooms would have a short gas field in them that hovers 1-2m off the ground

about neck height/waist height, while passing in the gas your health drains slowly

it also negates any healing effects, and sometimes your character might be stunned for 1 second

you would do an animation where you plug your nose and wave your hand around, stopping for 1 second

You can bypass the gas in a room by floating/flying over it, as long as you dont touch it you would be fine

this is a static 1-2m gas floor thing, its not in every single room as a hazard

it just pops up in many rooms maybe

i really wish DE would take a look into this, i just feel like we need more depth from in game maps

a new map generation system with new twists and turns, new rooms, pathways

there are so many rooms with doors that go unused always, maybe we could use those doors

unlocking different directions, maybe even variants, of preused rooms

Variations to previous rooms would be nice, new railings and directions or paths, new doorways

There are a ton of instances where maps have these doors that have not even 1 time been used

new loot caches - crates - boxes

maybe even jackpot rooms, rare rooms that have like 10 crates or boxes lockers that are all unlocked 

=[ 

bunch of what ifs and maybes, brainstorming is fun

I really wish this was more looked into, secondary side missions within the mission itself, randomly generated

Locked behind a secret door maybe, hack a terminal, open the door, itd be like a treasure room

But activating it sets off a secondary objective, to which completion rewards you a R.A.R.E chests with extra loot

xO

This looks like a fantastic idea. Currently, missions and tilesets have been grinded so hard by vets that they usually just copter through their objectives as fast as they can, without wasting any time to explore, and the lack of variation ends up killing the fun past a certain point. With the right rewards (Nitain sounds like a great incentive), secondary challenges could encourage players to spend more time in missions if they'd like and do stuff that's more off the beaten path, which could reinject some fun back into missions and lessen their grindiness. I'm also with you that we need Tilesets 2.0 in order to add more variation to current individual tiles.

With this, I also feel like there are a ton of ways you could expand on events and challenges to diversify missions. Looking for hidden rooms, assassinating specific targets, and other secondary objectives could work, as could overall mission achievements (e.g. "Complete this mission without alerting any enemies", or "kill X enemies in this non-Exterminate mission"), but so could overarching goals spanning multiple missions, like current Challenges except assigned on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. A system like this could possibly also offer a means of securing more reliable rewards: perhaps this just comes from my dislike of RNG, but I'd much rather receive a specific mod by completing a challenge that would require me to run through, say, 30 missions, than receive it as random loot with a 5% chance of dropping per mission, even if the latter would statistically play more in my favor (I'd receive it on average every 20 missions). With the right tuning, players could end up committing naturally to playing Warframe without needing to grind specific missions over and over again, because these secondary and/or overarching objectives would offer them rewards that would feel more secure, even if they'd require similar or greater levels of play to obtain.

This looks like a fantastic idea. Currently, missions and tilesets have been grinded so hard by vets that they usually just copter through their objectives as fast as they can, without wasting any time to explore, and the lack of variation ends up killing the fun past a certain point. With the right rewards (Nitain sounds like a great incentive), secondary challenges could encourage players to spend more time in missions if they'd like and do stuff that's more off the beaten path, which could reinject some fun back into missions and lessen their grindiness. I'm also with you that we need Tilesets 2.0 in order to add more variation to current individual tiles.

With this, I also feel like there are a ton of ways you could expand on events and challenges to diversify missions. Looking for hidden rooms, assassinating specific targets, and other secondary objectives could work, as could overall mission achievements (e.g. "Complete this mission without alerting any enemies", or "kill X enemies in this non-Exterminate mission"), but so could overarching goals spanning multiple missions, like current Challenges except assigned on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. A system like this could possibly also offer a means of securing more reliable rewards: perhaps this just comes from my dislike of RNG, but I'd much rather receive a specific mod by completing a challenge that would require me to run through, say, 30 missions, than receive it as random loot with a 5% chance of dropping per mission, even if the latter would statistically play more in my favor (I'd receive it on average every 20 missions). With the right tuning, players could end up committing naturally to playing Warframe without needing to grind specific missions over and over again, because these secondary and/or overarching objectives would offer them rewards that would feel more secure, even if they'd require similar or greater levels of play to obtain.

Yes