Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Remote Observer

Coverop

First of all, I'd like to thank you Digital Extremes for listening to my prayers... I didn't thought you'll do this little thing for me.

REMOTE OBSERVER

Remote observer is an nice addition for the players who wants to create Machinimas.

I've been using this gadget for quite some time, but... I couldn't find a good angle or placement, where It could greatly help me.

There is no way to control FOV, ANGLE or even ZOOM level in this gadget.

The reason of this is because Remote Observer is connected with your head. Aiming with a gun is nearly impossible with it.

But I won't say that you can't make anything with... but you can create something sometimes...

Spoiler

Warframe201602031753.jpg

Here's a quick explanation how the gadget works.

1. Find a spot where you want to place it.

Spoiler

Warframe0146.jpg

2. You activate gadget by selecting in [Q] menu or by using binds (option > bind gear 1-8 )
A dot will appear, showing you that It works.
Spoiler

Warframe0147.jpg

3. Enjoy view from different perspective.
Spoiler

Warframe0148.jpg

The problem is, you have no control.

Once you activate Remote Observer,you have absolutely no control. You can't move it or rotate it or even zoom it.

Walking around automatically changes it.

But here's a solution for this!

In one of the DevStream (Where they introduced Boltace , don't remmber which devstream it was) I notice that camera worked differently. Camera  dis attached from the normal position and flied around showing us Boltace weapons from upclose.

Right now It's a Dev's exclusive tool... but maybe one day we will get a hands on it? 

It could still be as a gadget where you fly as small object (a new sentient maybe?) and have full control over it.

The control scheme could look like this.

ENTER - Enter the Machinima Mode

WASD - Moving in specific direction

X - Warframe Mode ON/OFF

Ctrl - Lower attitude

Space Bar - Gain attitude

LMB - Lock on (Center point or object)

MMB - Scale Zoom (x1 , x1.25 , x1.5  , x2 , x3 , x4 ,x8)

R - Reset Zoom

RMB - Zoom IN/OUT

If you don't have a clue how It suppose to work, please watch this.

Go to 0:47

With Machinima tools you can create great videos.

Here's a few examples:

Edited by Coverop

I fully support this. To add up to the quirk list, the main gimping feature of the remote observer is the hidden timer that it has. Removing that would be a hell of a lot more convenient to all other players who plan on using plenty of them for a project.

This pretty much has my support as well, since I really don't like how the Remote Observer works right now. It feels way too restricted, and the Warframe moves kind of finicky with its aim when you look in certain directions.

• 1 month later...

Time to throw in the two sense and get this topic alive so the Remote Observer (and other machinima tools) can get some love. First point I want to bring up is no matter what is asked of DE it needs to be something that is worth their time. I asked them if they could make it so that the blue silhouettes disappeared when the HUD is off because I knew the technology already existed in the relays, and associating it to a UI (user interface) element that already exists hopefully meant minimalist effort. So first of all we have to be realistic in what we ask for.

Next we have to consider anything we want as a tool will be available to everyone and could be exploited to make the game trivial and undermine gameplay elements. So second we need to think of ways to compromise the game with whatever tool we ask for (and if so we can't ask it of DE). I'm sorry to say but a remote observer tool that we can fully control and fly around the levels could easily be used to cheese the game and find hidden secrets or caches. Making it so that there's a limited distance between the player and the observer starts to make it too complex, so on and so forth. Whatever we want needs to be simplistic to the extreme.

I want to ask for some simple solutions before we ask for ground breaking ones, something that should be little more than 10 minutes of DE's time on a thing here or there. Here are some requests:

1. I'd like the ability to use the Remote Observer in dojos, lisets and relays. Pretty obvious why anyone would want this.
  2. I'd like a button, or second (Fixed) Remote Observer, that I allows me to set in place the observer and preventing it's camera angle from being changed. This would be for green screen purposes in locations where we can't use guns. To be able to position the camera and remove the player from the shot would be invaluable.
  3. Before using the simulacrum, I'd like to be able to select a single title which the simulacrum would spawn, this would be invaluable for set purposes. When recording FFS Episodes 1 and 2 we had huge issues recording on the Grineer Asteroid Defense tile. To make sure there were no interruptions we had to keep a single radial disarmed Grineer Trooper alive as his attack was slow enough that the core would stay alive and regen it's health between attacks. Being in control of the scene would make recording so much easier.
  4. Being able to invite players (preferably up to 8) into the simulacrum. Well in all honesty there's no point in being able to choose the room to record in unless you can have actors in there to join you. 4 is an obvious happy place but if I can get 8 players to act it makes complicated scenes a lot lot easier.
  5. All players visually equip the codex scanner and not just the host. It would be super useful if all players could be seen without any items equipped.
Edited by Xenogelion
Added more stuff to the list

I am completely for expanding the remote observer's abilities.  Anything that would help to create new possible camera angles with little effort is best.  In game we're locked to a single focal point and I've really stretched that to it's limit with my Rhino Ninja shorts series.  I've run into a lot of "Screw it we'll fix it in post" issues that could have been ameliorated with be able to set a static camera and walk around and film that way.  Also keybinds for emotes when?

Anyways, I'm also keenly aware of these changes first needing to be worth the time to DE.  If excellent changes are made to the remote observer I may actually have to learn something about cinematography =\

• 2 weeks later...